MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey Thomas Willis was arrested while driving home from his third-shift job*at Herman Miller Inc.Spring Lake Township facility on Hickory Street in May 17, said Muskegon*County Sheriff Dean Roesler. *At Willis’ arraigment hearing on Friday the prosecution stated that his silver Dodge Caravan contained several items. *The court document reads:*“

They located in one locked box handcuffs, chains, rope, five syringes, one with liquid, photographs of females chained and bound, a mask, rubber gloves, batting gloves, a bar with wrist restraints, ball gag. In a separate locked box they located a 22 caliber semi-automatic pistol with the serial numbers destroyed.A search warrant conducted at Mr. Thomas’s (sic) residence, detectives located on computers, ——was a—— it’s a thumb drive, images of child *advertiser censored*, also videos of woman bound, taped and gagged.”

Is it possible in *one of the photographs is Jessica and that is why the Muskegon Sheriff is saying Jessica’s case is *“potentially” closed?

This guy definitely is involved in other cases. Jmo.

Where did you read Muskegon police said that about Jessica's case being potentially closed? I haven't seen that (have not been following on TV, though).

Mickey's sister is amazing, isn't she!?

Yes, she is. Apparently she has epilepsy and has written about: [video=twitter;722801853822410752]https://twitter.com/grrrlcharlie/status/722801853822410752[/video]

Yep. I just posted I wonder if she's shown up anywhere yet on photos or video. :( Poor guys have to be processing all the sick stuff right about now that they collected. Who knoooows what they'll find. Ugh. Shudder. I'm thinking kids are possible too.

Eta: I'm thinking he might be the kind who takes his time with his victims, considering the bondage aspect. I Hate to say that, but the ballgag, etc... :(. I am mentioning this for the purpose of bringing up the location where he possibly took her to fulfill his fantasies. Which likely is the grandfather's vacant property imo, if not his own residence (but he's married, however I've seen in cases where they still took them there if the wife was out of town or whatever)...... ugh what have they found? Of course LE is crawling all over there...Obviously they haven't found Jessica alive yet, but any signs of her yet?

If he's the guy, would he bury her close by? Or travel? He might want to revisit the site? So if not closeby, somewhere he might go often and is very familiar with? Or might he not want to revisit and just completely dispose of? (Maybe just kept a trophy? Or a part(s) of her, like ARS did with Jessica Ridgeway?):(

What are the stats on geographical proximity (mileage) as far as disposal sites and their relation to the distance from the secondary location one is taken to (residence, shed, etc), in situations re: organized serial killers? Surely they vary, hard to generalize, etc......I know some have them on their property, but otherwise...?

OMG just googled ballgag on images. Disgusting. How heartbreaking for Jessica and others (if that is the case)

Eta: Or a confession...how likely is that? A confession also requires proof as I understand it. But boy is he getting grilled right now by LE, undoubtedly. And they are all up in looking into anything to do with him. Scouring everywhere to do with him, what he ate for breakfast, etc.
(snipped by me)

He is not talking to the police. There is no upside to him talking either. There is no death penality in Michigan so no incentive to make a deal.

The news articles say that the Heeringa suspect vehicle was a Chrysler Town and Country. That is incorrect. The vehicle is a Jeep Compass, about a 2006 or 2007 model.

Below is a 2007 Jeep compass side-by-side with the suspect vehicle.
2007-jeep-compass-4wd-4dr-white_100049175_m.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Jeffery Willis' car is a 2006 Dodge Caravan. So his vehicle is not the suspect vehicle in the surveillance photo.

The news articles say that the Heeringa suspect vehicle was a Chrysler Town and Country. That is incorrect. The vehicle is a Jeep Compass, about a 2006 or 2007 model.

Below is a 2007 Jeep compass side-by-side with the suspect vehicle.
2007-jeep-compass-4wd-4dr-white_100049175_m.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Jeffery Willis' car is a 2006 Dodge Caravan. So his vehicle is not the suspect vehicle in the surveillance photo.
That's not the vehicle. The van was seen on road in background, not in the lot. Early in investigation it was reported wrong.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

'The weapon is a similar model that would have shot the bullets in the Bletsch case,' Muskegon County Undersheriff Daniel Stout told the Detroit Free Press. 'Similar … but similar is a big word.'

Stout said that investigators seized evidence that connected Willis to the two other cases, but he refused to go into detail about what that evidence includes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lent-pedophile-help-solve-two-cold-cases.html

This is what the police are telling the press it's pretty much a certainty he is the guy responsible for all three crimes including what has happened to Jessica. Hopefully we will know more soon. I wonder if his grandfathers house had a basement. Tragically I'd imagine he does what he wants to his victim and once she has served her purpose he kills her. I hope they are doing a thorough search of the land around his grandfathers house with ground penetrating radar.

That's not the vehicle. The van was seen on road in background, not in the lot. Early in investigation it was reported wrong.

You're right. Thanks to all of you for your posts with news and discussion and for caring about Jessica and all other victims he has harmed.

Just realized that after I posted. I tried to delete, but you responded before I could delete my message.

Jeffrey Thomas Willis was arrested while driving home from his third-shift job*at Herman Miller Inc.Spring Lake Township facility on Hickory Street in May 17, said Muskegon*County Sheriff Dean Roesler. *At Willis’ arraigment hearing on Friday the prosecution stated that his silver Dodge Caravan contained several items. *The court document reads:*“

They located in one locked box handcuffs, chains, rope, five syringes, one with liquid, photographs of females chained and bound, a mask, rubber gloves, batting gloves, a bar with wrist restraints, ball gag. In a separate locked box they located a 22 caliber semi-automatic pistol with the serial numbers destroyed.A search warrant conducted at Mr. Thomas’s (sic) residence, detectives located on computers, ——was a—— it’s a thumb drive, images of child *advertiser censored*, also videos of woman bound, taped and gagged.”

Is it possible in *one of the photographs is Jessica and that is why the Muskegon Sheriff is saying Jessica’s case is *“potentially” closed?

This guy definitely is involved in other cases. Jmo.

Where are you seeing her case is "potentially closed"?

Is his grandfather's property quite remote or are there houses nearby? I'm just wondering how he could carry out attacks taking victims to a house on a residential street. I wonder if this house has a basement. He may have had access to an empty building at work or even a storage facility.

With what he had in his car, a basement or any room would do.

Yes it will be interesting to see if he is a talker or likes playing mind games by having the upper hand. I know how you feel margarita25 I think we are going to see some upsetting and very difficult developments. I hate seeing his mugshot photo in articles with that smirk on his face at least he wasn't smiling in the video of his court appearance. I wonder how is family, friends and co-workers feel about his arrest and possible links to other crimes.

I also wonder how his wife, family and friends feel. I can't imagine. Prayers going to them

I recall this as well someone overheard a man in a van talking to Jessica near the pumps earlier in the evening

See bolded below in my quote - Found a good article that gives names of who did what. Once on the article, see the 2nd photo that says - CVanA, pictured, says he heard the van's driver flirting with Heeringa 'suspiciously' hours before she vanished April 26.

From your article -

Monday, the Investigation Discovery channel aired an hour-long feature in the case Monday night on “Disappeared.” It’s the first time many of the case details were aired to a national television audience.

Since the special aired, some 30 tips have come in to NSPD, Lt. Michael Kasher told 24 Hour News 8 Tuesday afternoon. Many of the tips were leads police had already exhausted, but a few are being actively investigated, Kasher said without going into detail.

“There’s a couple of them that have piqued my interest,” he said.

I found a reference to my note about someone talking with Jessica at the pumps a few hours before her abduction.

7:40 – 8:50 p.m.: A female friend entered the store through the front door to visit Heeringa. Nothing suspicious was noticed at that time.
Both the female friend and a male customer observed a bluish silver van pull up to Heeringa while she was changing the receipt paper in one of the pumps. It appeared that the male driver and Heeringa were having a friendly conversation.
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/04/jessica_heeringa_case_police_r.html

Found a good article that gives names of who did what.

New clues and $15,000 reward in search for missing Michigan mom, 25, who vanished during her gas station night shift

New video more clearly shows traffic in the area during the time of Jessica Heeringa's disappearance from a Norton Shores, Michigan gas station last week

That traffic includes a silver minivan that police think may be connected with the case, and the driver of which has been sketched by a police artist and is wanted for questioning
A $15,000 reward pledged by the Exxon-Mobil Co. is now being offered for information in the case
A new eyewitness also reports having seen the driver of such a van flirting with Heeringa in a suspicious manner hours before she disappeared

By Daily Mail Reporter

Published: 11:22 EST, 2 May 2013 | Updated: 11:23 EST, 2 May 2013

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5645565/

Norton Shores Police Department
Monday May 23rd, 2016 :: 03:57 p.m. EDT
Forward Google Plus
AdvisoryInvestigators have now upgraded Jeffrey Willis as a person of interest in the Jessica Heeringa abduction case.
NORTON SHORES POLICE DEPARTMENT
4814 Henry Street, Norton Shores, MI 49441
Emergency 9-1-1 ● Administrative (231) 733-2691 ● Fax (231) 798-1968
P R E S S R E L E A S E
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: May 23, 2016

Jessica Heeringa Abduction investigation

The Norton Shores Police Department has been working with investigators from Federal, State, County and City law enforcement agencies to determine whether Jeffrey Willis was connected to the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa. Investigators have been working around the clock and have now upgraded Willis as a person of interest in this case. Investigators are interviewing known associates of Willis trying to determine the connections to Jessica.

Any chance at all that Jessica has been kept alive?

We all hope this is the case but very sadly outcomes with women kidnapped and kept alive for years like the case in Cleveland are extremely rare. The fact he is being linked to the shooting and murder doesn't give me hope.

Lets hope they are waiting for DNA results and charges are coming soon in Jessica's case too.

Where did you read Muskegon police said that about Jessica's case being potentially closed? I haven't seen that (have not been following on TV, though).

I simply copied and paste from the article I read. I will try to find the link. But supposedly LE told the reporter that they have a strong reason to believe that he is the perp in Jessica case.

So I don't know if they found pictures or items or what.

Btw. His phone pings will be very telling in some of these open cases as well. Jmo.

Btw. Jessica case is not closed by far. Jmo.

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5645565/

Norton Shores Police Department
Monday May 23rd, 2016 :: 03:57 p.m. EDT
Forward Google Plus
AdvisoryInvestigators have now upgraded Jeffrey Willis as a person of interest in the Jessica Heeringa abduction case.
NORTON SHORES POLICE DEPARTMENT
4814 Henry Street, Norton Shores, MI 49441
Emergency 9-1-1 ● Administrative (231) 733-2691 ● Fax (231) 798-1968
P R E S S R E L E A S E
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: May 23, 2016

Jessica Heeringa Abduction investigation

The Norton Shores Police Department has been working with investigators from Federal, State, County and City law enforcement agencies to determine whether Jeffrey Willis was connected to the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa. Investigators have been working around the clock and have now upgraded Willis as a person of interest in this case. Investigators are interviewing known associates of Willis trying to determine the connections to Jessica.

Hope this leads to something! It's been far too long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I simply copied and paste from the article I read. I will try to find the link. But supposedly LE told the reporter that they have a strong reason to believe that he is the perp in Jessica case.

So I don't know if they found pictures or items or what.

Btw. His phone pings will be very telling in some of these open cases as well. Jmo.

Btw. Jessica case is not closed by far. Jmo.

Hopefully they can pull ping data from before Jessica's abduction, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are only able to get data from around last month's incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill