MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say, Julia and Jennifer's birthday is on January 25th. EMU had a memorial service for Julia. I believe it was yesterday or the day before. Still no new news concerning this case. I sure hope LE is making good progress and everyone will be told something soon.

Ok, so not news but clearly the police are still gathering info and conducting interviews based on this post on the "Justice for Julia" FB page,
"ok baby girl...you know what I just did because I felt your presence in the room as I talked with them...I hope my info helped and I'm sorry we haven't been able to let you rest as well as you should be. I love and miss you so much!!" This sounds to me like this person was interviewed... The person who posted this is an employee at Walmart. I am guessing she worked with Julia.

Interesting that they seem to now be putting more effort into interviewing her fellow employees and not so much on her fellow classmates.

Just a thought but how do we know this doesnt have something to do with a random "customer" or "obsessed co-worker" who followed her home or god knows what?

I think the fact that she had no outward marks on her body (no struggle?) according to police and that her door was locked from the inside... She probably knew her "killer". It is my understanding that most homicide victims know their killer...not as many people are killed by a random stranger. I am guessing that she knew this person well enough to let them into her house/room. @MIMOMMY, do you know of more employees that have been interviewed by police? Or just the one that I posted?
And than you WestCoastLady for posting the link to Julia's FB page...I am sick with a stomach bug and have not been on here as much :(

They're STILL interviewing people?
Also, I find it very odd that her door was locked from the inside. I guess it's not impossible but it is highly unlikely that someone can climb out of a window without being noticed at Peninsular Place. I still would like to know what they found that points to a homicide if there were no outward signs of a struggle.

The rooms in that complex have a key lock deadbolt. It can be locked with the key from either side, thus helping occupants maintain some privacy. The windows of that apartment complex for the first floor are low enough for a person to easily exit a room. I'm sure that LE has thoroughly checked all this out. Finger prints, foot prints,etc. the CSI team was all over that place for quite a while doing their job. Not sure what they found and they're not releasing too many details, but they seem to have checked everything imaginable.

Ok...so Trojan1966, from what you posted regarding the locks on the door...is it feasible that someone could have killed Julia and then used her keys to lock her door from the outside and just then walk out the front door? (This being escape scenario number two).

Yes, someone could lock the door from the outside and leave, but then they also have have a key to the front door of the apartment to lock it when they leave. This would have required some planning or just stealing a set of keys. The more I think about this, there are quite a few possibilities........

My understanding is that the family believes whoever it was locked the door on their way out - i.e., turned the lock on the INSIDE of the door - and then shut the door on their way out of her room

I thought the door had a dead bolt type lock. Most of those require a key to unlock or lock from either side. Maybe I misunderstood what someone told me about those apartments.Sorry.

MIMOMMY, have you heard from the rumor mill or the family who THEY THINK had something to do with Julia's death?

MIMOMMY, have you heard from the rumor mill or the family who THEY THINK had something to do with Julia's death?

No. When I have asked (and I try to not do so frequently because they have been so bombarded by people asking) the answer that I get is that they have their "suspicions" and that most of their frustration comes from it seeming like its taking WAY to long for any kind of information to be shared with even them. Most of the information that they are receiving is just trickling down from people letting them know that so and so has been interviewed or interviewed again. I find it interesting though to note that they have said the roommates seem to be pretty tight lipped and do not seem to have a lot of info to share with them. :waitasec: How do you live with someone - and not see or hear anything or have anything you might want to share with the family if not investigators?

Also - they have made comments about the fact that they found it suspicious that the woman found shortly thereafter in the same complex was kept extremely quiet and very little media was presented as well as hinting that they did not feel the second death was a "suicide". I think I mentioned this before.

Also - just a side note - today is Julia and Jennifer's Birthday. Please send silent prayers to Jennifer as she makes it thru the day!

Also - just a side note - today is Julia and Jennifer's Birthday. Please send silent prayers to Jennifer as she makes it thru the day!
I cannot begin to imagine how Jenn is feeling today. My heart goes out to her.

I would love LE to announce they have made a solid arrest before the day is over for her and the rest of the family.

Happy Birthday Jennifer and Julia.

Twins that should still be together.

I was just thinking of Julia again this morning and trying to calculate the time since we have last heard something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member