MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another man in Monroe, MI has been busted for child *advertiser censored* - the biggest bust in Michigan state history in terms of amount of material. I wonder if there's any connection. Monroe is a small town.

http://m.monroenews.com/news/2015/m...dvertiser censored*-charges/?templates=mobile

Why aren't these people focusing all that good energy towards finding Julia's murderer? If Turnquist is innocent as the wife and daughter claim, that will be proved out. This is cut and dry. Either he possesses child *advertiser censored* or he doesn't. Why does he need "supporters" if this is a misunderstanding that will soon be cleared up?

Jim & Kim Turnquist mourning the loss of his daughter.
Jennifer is mourning her sister.
On top of that they have to deal with a lot of BS (pardon my French).
They are going through a tough time, and I think they deserve support.

Besides, the amount of energy it takes to put on a red shirt, is the same as the amount of energy it takes to put on a green shirt, say.
No energy is lost by wearing red.

Besides, the amount of energy it takes to put on a red shirt, is the same as the amount of energy it takes to put on a green shirt, say.

I am assuming he is innocent of everything. I have never seen this done before. I found this odd because when you select the shirt it is a big deal. Once a year, we wear purple and paint our toes purple for RETT Syndrome in honor of my friends daughter who lost her ability to verbally speak, walk or feed herself. We wear purple when we walk for the March of Dimes, which is coming up, for my friend who lost her son when he was a few months old in 2009. We wear purple for my cousin who died of epilepsy in his sleep. These are very celebrated things. When one decides to put on that shirt you are organizing it with a group of people and putting thought into it. It isn't like you just randomly pick out a shirt, like I did this morning and get dressed.

I one million percent believe that Julia is missed and being mourned. I think it sends a message though when they chose a color in court to stand in solidarity with the POI of this person they are mourning and missing.

Another man in Monroe, MI has been busted for child *advertiser censored* - the biggest bust in Michigan state history in terms of amount of material. I wonder if there's any connection. Monroe is a small town.

http://m.monroenews.com/news/2015/m...dvertiser censored*-charges/?templates=mobile
Hmmmm....Where did the girls (Julia and Chelsea) go to school? Seems awfully coincidental that JT is in custody and this creep gets busted the day of his bail hearing. Thinking....

I've seen media reports about this man several times today and couldn't help wondering if he has a connection to JT. Time will tell.

Hmmmm....Where did the girls (Julia and Chelsea) go to school? Seems awfully coincidental that JT is in custody and this creep gets busted the day of his bail hearing. Thinking....

Don't know about Julia, but Chelsea (and her siblings) attended St. Patrick School (elementary).

That is interesting...the colors for Julia have always been 'Pink & Zebra Print' from everything I have seen.

Her grandmother had a zebra stripe scarf on, IIRC. Broke my heart, as I am able to start to see the distinguishing features between Julia and Jen, and Julia, to my eye, seems to have more of her maternal grandmother's mouth and chin.

The grandmother does not make any specific accusations, I agree. But she does make a accusation. How could JT know the truth, and yet not be involved at all?
By saying he knows the truth about Julia's death, one is accusing him of being involved somehow.

How do you, and the grandmother, think how JT possibly could be involved in Julia's murder? As I understand it, JT has an alibi for the murder.
Julia texted Jennifer around 10:30pm Sunday night, and did not show up Monday Morning. So it seems that she was killed somewhere between
10:30pm and the Morning. As I understand it, the police also believe that Julia was murdered that night.
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/03/julia_niswenders_stepfather_wa.html
However, JT was at home during these times according to Jennifer and Kimberly. Do you believe Jennifer and Kimberly are lying and provided
JT with a false alibi?
Now it is possible that JT is involved, but someone else did it. But who killed Julia then and how could JT be involved? A hired killer? The crime
scene does not look like that.

What were those little things?

Do I believe Jennifer and Kim are blatantly lying to protect Jim in order to provide him with an alibi? Absolutely not. Do I believe someone who may have been mentally abused for years could possibly be confused, manipulated or told what to believe? Possibly yes. Even more so during the time one is dealing with such a devastating loss. I do have a specific reason I believe this to be the case, however, it was something I was told, cannot verify it's accuracy & therefore do not wish to repeat it here. LE has also recently stated that the family has been less cooperative with the investigation as time has gone on and more focus has been put on JT. In my opinion, it would be understandable for JT to become less cooperative with LE if he felt like they were unfairly targeting him or twisting facts around to use against him, ect. I get that. However, for Kim and Jennifer to become "less cooperative" in finding the person who murdered Julia completely baffles me. I also wonder what reasons LE has in continuing to question JT's "alibi" over two years later, ESPECIALLY if it's true that he passed two lie detector tests as well....

Those "little things" were actions and statements made by JT & I don't wish to share them here. Could I be wrong in my suspicions? Of course! But how I perceived the things I was seeing has made me more than a little concerned regarding his possible involvement in Julia's death.

Was just watching local news and they had a story about the arrest of the substitute teacher arrested for child *advertiser censored*. They interviewed the prosecutor, who I believe was the same one that was involved in JTs hearing. The prosecutor mentioned that this guy had 300,000 images. Piqued my interest since this was the same number of images mentioned during JTs hearing.

They said this creeper had "10 terabytes of images...1 terabyte can contain up to 300,000 average images"
What a sicko!!

Was just watching local news and they had a story about the arrest of the substitute teacher arrested for child *advertiser censored*. They interviewed the prosecutor, who I believe was the same one that was involved in JTs hearing. The prosecutor mentioned that this guy had 300,000 images. Piqued my interest since this was the same number of images mentioned during JTs hearing.

BBM
Actually, I believe the number of images found total 10 terrabytes (one terrabyte=300,000 images. 10 terrabytes = 3,000,000 images if I did my math correctly. 3 million!!!!)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/child-*advertiser censored*-found-in-local-teachers-home/31774604 (with video, today) states 3 million images @ 2:14
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ided-for-child-*advertiser censored*/31774506 (video of raiding house)
http://t.monroenews.com/news/2015/m...ted-child-*advertiser censored*-charges/?news (one of largest ever seized in Michigan)

From the last link:
Monroe County Assistant Prosecutor Michael G. Roehrig said the collection has been amassed for the past 30 to 40 years. He said up to 10 terabytes of data was committed to child *advertiser censored* images. Mr. Roehrig said one terabyte can contain up to 300,000 average images. #“It is a vast, vast collection,” Mr. Roehrig said. “It is among the largest collections of child *advertiser censored* ever seized in Michigan.”

#He said the images were categorized and sorted “like a rare book collection.”

Yes, the Niswender/Turnquist family has been living through a horrific tragedy with Julia's murder, and has deserved all the community love and support. I don't think anyone is hoping that these allegations that the father possesses child *advertiser censored* are true. However, given the very serious nature of the allegations, and *most* especially given the bizarre and seemingly guilty (acting) behavior* of the accused, the courtroom display of support seemed highly inappropriate.

*Why would an innocent man react to being accused by (allegedly) acting suicidal/homicidal? If you can explain that, then I will agree that supporting him in court by wearing red was the right thing to do. Not insulting you, but really trying to understand your point. I don't, but open to explanation.

Yes, the Niswender/Turnquist family has been living through a horrific tragedy with Julia's murder, and has deserved all the community love and support. I don't think anyone is hoping that these allegations that the father possesses child *advertiser censored* are true. However, given the very serious nature of the allegations, and *most* especially given the bizarre and seemingly guilty (acting) behavior* of the accused, the courtroom display of support seemed highly inappropriate.

*Why would an innocent man react to being accused by (allegedly) acting suicidal/homicidal? If you can explain that, then I will agree that supporting him in court by wearing red was the right thing to do. Not insulting you, but really trying to understand your point. I don't, but open to explanation.

There was a guy that lived near me. He had a job that had him in power. His step daughter accused him of molesting her. This was kept hush hush, but because of his job, it was known. People were stunned and outraged and disbelief. He was a great man, friend, and wonderful at his job. Then he committed suicide. Wow. Months go by and she said that she made it up. She didn't want him around anymore because she wanted things to back to how they were with her and her mom. Now, people will never know the full story on why he didn't stick around and let this play out in court. But, I had the inside scoop and part of the reason was his wife left him, people were talking and no one was believing him. He felt he was going to lose his job and pension. I get it. I do. Plus, I do think he may have suffered with some thoughts based on his job.

My point is that just because someone talks of taking their life, to me, doesn't mean guilt, it may mean that they think, how would possibly believe them.

Interesting perspective hockeymom4, thank you for posting that. I need to mull that over.
O.K. then, let's say that explains suicidal behavior. But homicidal? (Allegedly). If you are innocent, why are you threatening others?

http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/child-*advertiser censored*-found-in-local-teachers-home/31774604
Fyi... Here is a link from Click on Detroit listing all of the schools that David Huntley worked at as a substitute teacher (this is the man from Monroe that was just arrested for his massive child *advertiser censored* collection).

Getting people to come forward for to the days when the latest arrested person was substitute traching will be difficult. That was 11-13 years ago. And how different might he look now as opposed to then. He seemed rather creepy in the interview, is this similar to how he was back then? If so, maybe someone remembers him and feeling odd about him. I don't think he actually subbed much in the Moroe district due to his inability to control the classroom.

Why are we having multiple *advertiser censored* arrests in Monroe.. Is there a bigger picture to be exposed?

There have been quite a few child *advertiser censored* cases in Michigan lately; some here in the UP as well. IMHO some of these are related as forensic crime units tie the accounts of these users to one another. Also in my opinion, it could have nothing or everything to do with missing cases. Time will tell.

Not sure who said it earlier but I agree with innocent until proven guilty. It is surprising that they've arrested JT but very little shocks me these days. I will continue to sit back quietly and read available MSM, reserving my opinion until more condemning facts are revealed. To me it seems a heartbroken grandmother is the only one (aside from LE) who suspects JT is in any way tied to the murder of Julia.

FWIW two pennies for the coffers.

I started a separate thread on the Crimes Against Children forum for discussion on David William Huntley:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...titute-teacher-s-home&p=11589709#post11589709

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor