MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would theorize that if Mr. Turnquist is the Perp, the attack most likely happened prior to him arriving at home. This is why I keep asking what time he came home on Dec 9 and Dec 10, and where he was prior to arriving at home. This man seems to move all over the Monroe and Ypisilanti map, literally, without accountability. (See Forager's map).
This does not seem possible to me. We know that Julia send some type of text message to Jennifer around 10:30pm. If JT had killed Julia after 10:30pm, then he would not have been home until 11:30 or so (but probably much later). But Kim and Jennifer stated that JT was home that evening.
The portrayal of Mr. Turnquist becomes less favorable as this thread progresses. Does it make him a murderer? Not necessarily, no. Do I think LE is correct in naming him a POI? YES.

Why did Turnquist leave Kim at one point and a divorce was discussed? What was that all about?

Editing to add that Kim and Jennifer could have stated mistruths about the timeline to protect Turnquist. Why they would protect this sketchy character is unclear.

Indeed, why would they lie for JT, if they suspected that he killed their sister/daughter? Jennifer seemed very close to Julia, so I think it is VERY unlikely that she would be protecting her killer.

It has been stated here by family that JT and KT have a complex marriage dynamic....He and she do their own thing and are not accountable to the family 'unit'. I know that many couples live out their marriage this way, and it's always really difficult to analyze from an outsiders perspective. We insert our own opinions and ideas of what a conventional, healthy marriage should look like. HOWEVER....IF this information is an accurate description, I can see how KT and Jennifer may physically see JT in the home the night in question, interact with him, head to bed around the same time, and then see him and interact with him again in the morning. This does NOT mean that he was there the whole night. If he comes and goes as he pleases, then this may not be out of the ordinary for their family. He could have said, "Yes of course I was there all night", and they accept that as fact.

It has been stated here by family that JT and KT have a complex marriage dynamic....He and she do their own thing and are not accountable to the family 'unit'. I know that many couples live out their marriage this way, and it's always really difficult to analyze from an outsiders perspective. We insert our own opinions and ideas of what a conventional, healthy marriage should look like. HOWEVER....IF this information is an accurate description, I can see how KT and Jennifer may physically see JT in the home the night in question, interact with him, head to bed around the same time, and then see him and interact with him again in the morning. This does NOT mean that he was there the whole night. If he comes and goes as he pleases, then this may not be out of the ordinary for their family. He could have said, "Yes of course I was there all night", and they accept that as fact.
It think the question is whether the had noticed, if he had left and come back in the night. If they didn't notice him leaving, then they will believe that he was there all night. If they did notice him leaving, then they won't believe that he was there all night. But I think it is unlikely that the 3 other people did not notice him going or coming back. I think it is even less likely that he would plan a murder, assuming that no one would notice him coming or leaving. I don't think this has anything to do with the marriage dynamic, whatever that would be.

Perhaps I should say I am aware of the TYPE of photo's in question.

But there also could be more that you are not aware of? Just sayin ..... we don't always know what someone does on their own time/computer.

J
It think the question is whether the had noticed, if he had left and come back in the night. If they didn't notice him leaving, then they will believe that he was there all night. If they did notice him leaving, then they won't believe that he was there all night. But I think it is unlikely that the 3 other people did not notice him going or coming back. I think it is even less likely that he would plan a murder, assuming that no one would notice him coming or leaving. I don't think this has anything to do with the marriage dynamic, whatever that would be.

Agree. Where was he prior to coming home on Dec 10? I think that is the time and explanation needed to move on.

Originally Posted by black_squirrel
Even if JTs character is as bad as some people here suggest, I am not sure how he COULD have killed Julia. What is the theory here? Kim and her two daughters have given JT an alibi for the murder. But let us assume that JT sneaked out while the others were asleep. Isn't it unlikely that one of the three people (and a dog?) would not wake up while he sneaks out? then they again do not wake up when he comes back? Nor do they notice that he is gone in the time in between? if JT left while everyone was asleep, then it must have been really late, say 11pm or later. So he makes an unannounced visit to Julia around midnight or later. Would she let this man, who allegedly sexually abused her, let him in at this time of night? I think not. JMO

J

Agree. Where was he prior to coming home on Dec 10? I think that is the time and explanation needed to move on.

Apart from his home address, I couldn't come up with one location for him in the months prior to the murder. Or an activity, really. No one has said anything more definitive than that they "understood" that he was working at his commercial cleaning business someplace during that time.

But if his alibi were solid, that would go a long way to clearing him of involvement in the murder. I don't picture him in league with criminals or a hit man.

Apart from his home address, I couldn't come up with one location for him in the months prior to the murder. Or an activity, really. No one has said anything more definitive than that they "understood" that he was working at his commercial cleaning business someplace during that time.

But if his alibi were solid, that would go a long way to clearing him of involvement in the murder. I don't picture him in league with criminals or a hit man.

We have hunting trip data as well.

Originally Posted by MIMOMMY
Perhaps I should say I am aware of the TYPE of photo's in question.

But there also could be more that you are not aware of? Just sayin ..... we don't always know what someone does on their own time/computer.

So I stupidly tried to imagine what he was doing on his computer. And I'm still wincing at the image. And, btw, if you get any more on the Monroe swinging scene... I don't want any images of that either! :)

So I stupidly tried to imagine what he was doing on his computer. And I'm still wincing at the image. And, btw, if you get any more on the Monroe swinging scene... I don't want any images of that either! :)

BBM .... Don't worry, I was more like :eek:hwow: . I am just wondering what kind of pop-up ads I may encounter from that brief slip of common sense.

You did not have to add to my mental image, either. :nono:

I'm sorry to say that I have developed a pretty dismal view of Monroe. Apologies to the good citizens, but I have.

Originally Posted by Forager

But if his alibi were solid, that would go a long way to clearing him of involvement in the murder. I don't picture him in league with criminals or a hit man. He doesn't partner up.

We have hunting trip data as well.

True, there's the SM message that JT posted to the Michigan Sportsman Forums, a MichiganSportsman.com site. at 1:04 PM on 12/10/12, the day after Julia's murder. His message gives no indication of his location, or any details of the case, but he writes in strings of disjointed phrases with bad grammar and punctuation, as if he were distracted or intoxicated. Most of his posts are much better written and seem more lucid.

http://www.michiganbear.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4383696&postcount=9

He has a half dozen posts to the site from October 2012 to December 2012, but only one, from 10/19/12 indicates that he was actually hunting that day, and it isn't clear where. (There are also earlier posts with indications of hunting dates and locations).

Rose....I have been in Monroe for work. It is easy to see that there is both an close "small town" feel to it in some area's. Unfortunately, you are correct that this small town group is the minority. There is a large population of...not great...people. I think this stems from the poverty level combined with the drug problem they are experiencing. They area also has a large number of RSO. Remember this is also very close to the same area where Niveah Buchanan's body was located. (Dundee) There are a few other....suspicious crimes that have occurred in the close area.

Rose....I have been in Monroe for work. It is easy to see that there is both an close "small town" feel to it in some area's. Unfortunately, you are correct that this small town group is the minority. There is a large population of...not great...people. I think this stems from the poverty level combined with the drug problem they are experiencing. They area also has a large number of RSO. Remember this is also very close to the same area where Niveah Buchanan's body was located. (Dundee) There are a few other....suspicious crimes that have occurred in the close area.

Yes, I looked at the city crime stats. There is a high RSO per capita.
The old timers must lament at what happened to their small town.

Can anyone confirm that LE has *not* named another POI? I am not aware of any.
Do we know for a fact the basketball player discussed up thread was interviewed and provided satisfactory info to LE? And the roommates cleared, yes?

Given that:

- Julia was found in an unatural position, half clad in water, in her bathroom,
- the lack of evidence of a struggle,
- her breath being taken away prior to drowning
- with no signs of strangulation, yet quiet clearly, against her will,
- murdered when she should have been studying for finals,
- sometime after coming home from work,
- after lunch at work with her sisters,
- and, the lack of LE being able to rule Turnquist out as a POI,

all indicate to me that crime statistics or the various intersecting strains of prurience, common enough to any locale, do not bear much weight on this crime, other than eye wash, that it was a very personal motive that Julia would know, and perhaps people other than the killer may have a hint of or know why, but that's only part of the time for me, who knows?

Personal too because who outside her family would know about their possible fainting spells and that a murder may have been set up that way?

Given that:

-Julia was found in an unatural position, half clad in water, in her bathroom,
- the lack of evidence of a struggle,
- her breath being taken away prior to drowning
- with no signs of strangulation, yet quiet clearly, against her will,
- murdered when she should have been studying for finals,
- sometime after coming home from work,
- after lunch at work with her sisters,
- and, the lack of LE being able to rule Turnquist out as a POI,

all indicate to me that crime statistics or the various intersecting strains of prurience, common enough to any locale, do not bear much weight on this crime, other than eye wash, that it was a very personal motive that Julia would know, and perhaps people other than the killer may have a hint of or know why, but that's only part of the time, who knows?

Points all well taken, and no doubt part of why he is a POI.
However, I am taking MiMommys unwavering support of JT in to consideration, and doing my sleuthing duty to uncover other POIs should they exist.
In other words, I am pressure testing our prior theories against any other explanations.
Quality assurance, if you will.

Yes, I looked at the city crime stats. There is a high RSO per capita.
The old timers must lament at what happened to their small town.

Can anyone confirm that LE has *not* named another POI? I am not aware of any.
Do we know for a fact the basketball player discussed up thread was interviewed and provided satisfactory info to LE? And the roommates cleared, yes?

I recently read the MSM articles on the EMU basketball player who was arrested for having "choked" his girlfriend after an angry argument with her in Julia's Peninsular Place apartment building. The case was dismissed because the girlfriend wouldn't show up at court to testify. I don't see any suggestion of a link to the Julia case.

I recently read the MSM articles on the EMU basketball player who was arrested for having "choked" his girlfriend after an angry argument with her in Julia's Peninsular Place apartment building. The case was dismissed because the girlfriend wouldn't show up at court to testify. I don't see any suggestion of a link to the Julia case.

Ok, but I need to know if "the Choker" had any social contact with Julia aside from a casual FB add. MiMommy, do you know? I'm sure LE looked at this guy already, but just going through my list.

I do not know about him in particular. But I do know that they looked at the man who suffocated his sister in law...I believe that was a year ago. I'll try and find his name.

I do not know about him in particular. But I do know that they looked at the man who suffocated his sister in law...I believe that was a year ago. I'll try and find his name.

Good grief. No lack of Chokers. A sad commentary on our society, and makes me wonder if a women's place in this world has evolved, or not. : /

I believe that Julia had some friends (not just FB "friends" which usually doesn't mean much) that were basketball players for the EMU teams, both male and female. I think she even dated one of the male players briefly, judging from some older tweets that I found. I think she most likely knew the player accused of choking, GB. But I don't know if it was more than an acquintance. But I think it is a possibility because he was closeby, and she liked tall men.

The (alleged) choking incident happened after Julia's death. I would think that LE looked at a possible relation to Julia's death. I am not sure if they interviewed him about it. Other than the location, and the allegations of choking, there is no evidence of a connection, I think. So perhaps LE did not interview him about Julia.
(And most likely he would have "lawyered up" if they did interview him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487