MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lit a candle at Gratefulness.org for Julia and her family. Won't you please take a moment and light one too? Let's send positive thoughts and prayers today for all of those missing her.

You can see this candle here and light one of your own.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=22832313

ETA: And apparently it signed it wrong, but the message and sentiment is the same. fwiw

Is your candle associated with a group, or can it be modified to make it a group candle? I like this, thank you for the thoughtfulness.

ETA:
I made us a group candle (JN-WS). I will add the link to my signature now.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=JN-WS

Notes I've been making (please add or correct me on any of the following)

Some items added, others deleted.

• Soft kill (regarding parental kills) Link from Bessie's post thread 2
  • Possible motive - keeping Julia quiet about something someone didn't want others to know. (Child *advertiser censored*? Abuse?) Inferred from the lack of sexual assault, robbery, or other clear motive. (Roses, et. al.)
  • Possibly premeditated; no visible signs of injury. Bessie, post #604
  • Past allegations of child abuse (2000). Taping mouths shut, hitting with spoons and pans. Monroe News Link
  • Not allowed to teach children anymore at Do Jo; allegations of being strict / controlling with children. 4ist referring to conversation with M
  • Parents allege JT too hard on students, an adult reports broken ribs. mikaylasmom's post
  • Marital problems alleged; Jim asked for a divorce. 4ist's post
  • Refuses to give formal statement on whereabouts to LE.
  • Focus shifts from finding Julia's killer to defending JT. Duvall says "That reward money can be used for other things" after JT named a POI
  • All laptops / PC's not handed over to LE until years later. One may still be missing.
  • When Julia was not getting along with her parents, she moved in with Grandmother.
  • Julia tweets "Trust no one." Julia Twitter Credit: TigerBalm for link. (caspermi thread #2)
  • Mother refuses to bring minor child to see a counselor, claiming minor child will refuse to speak to anyone. (TigerBalm, 4ist)
  • Person possibly had access to Julia's apartment; was probably known by her. (no sign forced entry)
  • Scene allegedly staged to look like an accident. Raises questions of perp knowing about VVS. (Bessie)
  • LE states VVS is absolutely not a factor in Julia's death. (media thread; Bessie cites).
  • Child *advertiser censored* allegedly found; JT is charged with this crime. Monroe News
  • Date of offense charged with above: 11/2012 MyFoxDetroit link Credit TigerBalm; info in video.
    See TigerBalm's post for further information: Here
  • KT alleged to have had an affair allegedly due to lack of attention from JT.
  • Girls were at a prime age for molestation / abuse by pedophile at the time of allegations of abuse. Statements from Jennifer emphatically deny any abuse.
  • Possibility of martial arts hold used to subdue Julia prior to drowning incident. [concept earlier thread]. Taekwondo Times Article Pg. 26 - credit to Spellbound for the link.
  • Young daughter of JT and KT is not allowed to live with JT presently. Link to Freep article; includes next quote
  • CPS states she would be "at serious risk of harm" if allowed to live with mother. (see article above)
  • Possible tie in to CB case - JT is an avid hunter <snipped rest, probably irrelevant> (Black_Squirrel)
  • CB's body was located on hunting land and her sister is friends with Julia's sister.
  • All three girls attended HS together.
  • Is KT in denial because to be otherwise would be to partially blame herself? Detroit Free Press Credit: FindHG
  • JT allegedly has bipolar illness and has shown instability when off meds. (according to some family members).
Last update: 5/21

------------ Informational posts ------------

TigerBalm's Instagram / twitter feed synopsis: Post 896
Forager's Map: Here

black squirrel I looked at the monroe martial arts and the owners name at the time was named Mike not Dwight, so that's how I know it was MAFC (same logo on back of uniform), my daughter still has hers so I'll see if I remember to snap a picture of the back of it.

The nickname for Dwight is Ike, which is almost Mike. So the owner's name does match somewhat with Monroe Martial Arts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Possible motive - keeping Julia quiet about something someone didn't want others to know. (Child *advertiser censored*? Abuse?) Inferred from the lack of sexual assault, robbery, or other clear motive. (Roses, et. al.)
  • Past allegations of child abuse (2000). Taping mouths shut, hitting with spoons and pans. Monroe News Link
  • Not allowed to teach children anymore at Do Jo; allegations of being strict / controlling with children. 4ist referring to conversation with M
  • Parents allege JT too hard on students, an adult reports broken ribs. mikaylasmom's post
  • Focus shifts from finding Julia's killer to defending JT. Duvall says "That reward money can be used for other things" after JT named a POI
  • All laptops / PC's not handed over to LE until years later. One may still be missing.
  • When Julia was not getting along with her parents, she moved in with Grandmother.
  • Julia tweets "Trust no one." Julia Twitter Credit: TigerBalm for link. (caspermi thread #2)
  • Mother refuses to bring minor child to see a counselor, claiming minor child will refuse to speak to anyone. (TigerBalm, 4ist)
  • Person possibly had access to Julia's apartment; was probably known by her. (no sign forced entry)
  • Scene allegedly staged to look like an accident. Raises questions of perp knowing about VVS. (Bessie)
  • LE states VVS is absolutely not a factor in Julia's death. (media thread; Bessie cites).
  • Child *advertiser censored* allegedly found; JT is charged with this crime. Monroe News
  • Date of offense charged with above: 11/2012 MyFoxDetroit link Credit TigerBalm; info in video.
  • Girls were at a prime age for molestation / abuse by pedophile at the time of allegations of abuse. Statements from Jennifer emphatically deny any abuse.
  • Possibility of martial arts hold used to subdue Julia prior to drowning incident. [concept earlier thread]. Taekwondo Times Article Pg. 26 - credit to Spellbound for the link.
  • Young daughter of JT and KT is not allowed to live with JT presently. Link to Freep article; includes next quote
  • CPS states she would be "at serious risk of harm" if allowed to live with mother. (see article above)
  • Possible tie in to CB case - JT is an avid hunter <snipped rest, probably irrelevant> (Black_Squirrel)
  • CB's body was located on hunting land and her sister is friends with Julia's sister.
  • Is KT in denial because to be otherwise would be to partially blame herself? Detroit Free Press Credit: FindHG
  • JT allegedly has bipolar illness and has shown instability when off meds. (according to some family members).

You're cool, pysquestor. Thank you so very much for leading the way on lighting candles and this labor of love your great case overview list must be.

The school that JT was working at has only moved once, and does not have brown belts - also it has only relocated once. I hate to say it - but I believe you have been misinformed or perhaps just mistaken.

I wonder if the "logo" you are referring to is perhaps the symbol for Tang Soo Doo? You can google this and see that it is a common symbol and does not represent a particular Dojo.

Has MAFC recently changed its name to Monroe Tang Soo Do? Do (MTSD) ?
The website from the link to MAFC is different than it was a few months ago.

http://www.mafckarate.com/About-Us.html
on the HOME page it is in the Food Town shopping plaza, on the ABOUT page it says they opened in 2005, by Patrick Wilcox.

The school that JT was working at has only moved once, and does not have brown belts - also it has only relocated once. I hate to say it - but I believe you have been misinformed or perhaps just mistaken.

I wonder if the "logo" you are referring to is perhaps the symbol for Tang Soo Doo? You can google this and see that it is a common symbol and does not represent a particular Dojo.

Maybe so, it could be a case of mistaken identity but my daughter swears that she was in karate with him. I worked midnights a lot and a lot of overtime during that time so my memory about that karate school is foggy.

Thats a good possiblity.

Can I then remove the information regarding the statement about JT and issues with daughter / friend? Or should I wait for further confirmation of your sources?

Thank you. Trying to remove items as they need to be.

Can I then remove the information regarding the statement about JT and issues with daughter / friend? Or should I wait for further confirmation of your sources?

absolutely, I just apologize for giving the wrong information

absolutely, I just apologize for giving the wrong information

No worries, that's what the list is for. Keeping track of new information. I'll repost it after a few more changes. (annoying to post it too often). Thank you for helping.

FWIW, I was hoping to see a better side to JT than we have been portraying. This may or may not be it, but I found a couple videos from Monroe Tang Soo Do, with JT as the instructor. He appears to interact well with the group, from what I see. I know this is not a complete indication of how he worked with children, but at least we have something "positive" toward his good points here.

July 2014 Demo Team: http://youtu.be/FM0Y_Gw3jyA
(@ 10 1/2 minutes, mainly young kids with JT as one of two instructors. Looks like it may be at the fairgrounds, not sure)

April 2014, Mall of Monore, MTSD Demo Team:
http://youtu.be/jhYJL99ckgA
(@26 min. JT narrates and can be seen @ midway through and @ 23min into the video to the end, smiles at some performers when they finish, various ages)

Spellbound,

April 2024...wow, JT and Marty McFly!
; )

Has your friend contacted you about the incident?

I have personally observed some of the martial arts demonstrations as shown on the videos that Spellbound posted. They are impressive and JT does seem to do a good job with all the students, regardless of their age. I am particularly impressed with JT's demonstration where he is laying on a bed of nails and someone uses a sledgehammer to break some bricks that are placed on his abdominal muscles. This is quite a site to see and it looks very dangerous. He has been a very good instructor and seems to get along with everyone at the Do Jo.

Trojan, I hope you and your family can have a nice holiday weekend. Thank you for all you do here. I hope we are giving you some help, in return. We are all in this with one goal .... find who took our Julia from her loved ones.

Be well.

Originally Posted by TigerBalm
Or not move your family out of town if you were so poor, you had to choose between your preteen's bathroom privacy and putting food on the table.... JMO
They relocated for employment i.e. to have income.

Originally Posted by Trojan1966
They lived in Gaylord prior to purchasing the house that they live in right now in Monroe. They relocated to Gaylord because of a pending change in Jim's job. Kim quit Meijers in Monroe and eventually was hired by WalMart in Gaylord. While living in Gaylord, Kim would make trips back to Monroe to see friends and family. Many times, she made the trip alone and the twins would stay in Gaylord with Jim. Some of Kim's trips back to Monroe may have been during the week which would mean the twins would have been in school during the day. I visited their house in Gaylord once and mentioned the "curtain" but was told that was "temporary". I must say that I was a bit uncomfortable using a bathroom with only a curtain. If it is so important, I may have a picture taken inside the house that may show "the curtain"! I really don't know what value that would be.

Interesting because here we see Trojan confirming that they relocated because of jobs i.e., income.

Trojan, is Kim's Dad, he is being kinder then I am. I have nothing to lose, except this case not being solved. I believe that the truth should be told. AND the truth was yes because JT had a job opportunity in Gaylord, but it is also true that he couldn't wait to move his newly acquired family away from Monroe and Kim's family.

Interesting because here we see Trojan confirming that they relocated because of jobs i.e., income.

You do amazing work, much easier for me to stay on track and fill in some blanks if need be, thanks Psyquestor :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member