MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to have you here, georgiasblu. Unfortunately, I agree with your post.

OK, Black_Squirrel. I don't think we're going to figure that one out. As it relates to the neglect charges that have been dropped, it hardly matters at this point I guess. I didn't quite understand a neglect charge against one parent anyway, but again, it doesn't matter now.

The next big milestone is the *advertiser censored* trial next month. In the interim, I am continuing to look for any connection points with Chelsea, and still learning more about Ypsilanti, and the area surrounding Julia's apartment.

Here is a fun fact about Ypsilanti. The water tower is one of its main landmarks. It is one of the 7 world's weirdest water towers:

http://gizmodo.com/7-of-the-worlds-weirdest-water-towers-1510460790

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.255...!1e1!3m2!1spCXY9xRBouEIh6cPMed4lA!2e0!6m1!1e1

Leforge Rd goes north-south. The river goes west-east. The dam is west of the bridge. SW and SE of the bridge are the two
blocks of Peninsular apartments. NW is a different apartment complex (behind trees), and NE is also a different apartment complex.
The apartments north of the river look older and are probably cheaper. (I bet the safety there is even worse.)
The two blocks of Peninsular apartments are the 1000 block and 2000 block. Julia was in the 1000 block.
I think this is the one that is SW of the bridge, but I am not sure. I have no idea where in the block her apartment would be.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.255...!1e1!3m2!1spCXY9xRBouEIh6cPMed4lA!2e0!6m1!1e1

Leforge Rd goes north-south. The river goes west-east. The dam is west of the bridge. SW and SE of the bridge are the two
blocks of Peninsular apartments. NW is a different apartment complex (behind trees), and NE is also a different apartment complex.
The apartments north of the river look older and are probably cheaper. (I bet the safety there is even worse.)
The two blocks of Peninsular apartments are the 1000 block and 2000 block. Julia was in the 1000 block.
I think this is the one that is SW of the bridge, but I am not sure. I have no idea where in the block her apartment would be.

Thank you for this. I am always drawn to looking at aerial maps and try to imagine a Perp lurking about, and how they would escape....and to where. I'm still examining this, and want to rule out a quick escape to any of the properties behind the apartments/ across the river. More to follow...

OK, Black_Squirrel. I don't think we're going to figure that one out. As it relates to the neglect charges that have been dropped, it hardly matters at this point I guess. I didn't quite understand a neglect charge against one parent anyway*, but again, it doesn't matter now.

The next big milestone is the *advertiser censored* trial next month. In the interim, I am continuing to look for any connection points with Chelsea, and still learning more about Ypsilanti, and the area surrounding Julia's apartment.

Editing to add: Does anyone have a good grasp of the layout of the building and whether anyone would have direct view in to Julia's portion of the apartment? A creeper with binoculars, etc.

*unless, (as an example), he was always going to the bar and having the kid sit in the car while it was snowing...that sort of neglect. Example only.

Approximate location of Julia's apartment on the northwest end of Peninsula Place, with northwest facing window on the ground floor, per Trojan1966. Three bedroom floor plans, such as Julia's, per: http://ypsistudenthousing.com/floorplans

As found on the case map under this marker: "Julia's Appartment while at EMU"
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.kY07lN8zpHx0

Not sure why the plans show twice in this post.

Attachments

• Peninsular-Place-3-bed-3-bath.png
    Peninsular-Place-3-bed-3-bath.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Peninsular-Place-3-bed-3-bath.png
    Peninsular-Place-3-bed-3-bath.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 23
I assume that is a bedroom window. Do we know what faced her as she looked out that window?

Ground floor apartments are notoriously dangerous for break ins. While convenient for groceries, many women in particular, are reticent to rent them for the security risk. : (

I'm laughing about the water tower...it is known for being quite phallic and has a number of colorful nicknames on campus, my favorite being the "brick d*ck." Ahh memories...

The area of Julia's apartment complex was somewhat secluded IIRC. While plenty of people lived in the complex and ones nearby, there wasn't much other traffic. You'd only be back there if you were heading to the apartments.

Forager,

So....if I were standing outside the apartments facing the lobby (and facing the Huron river), then Julia's apartment would have been on the other side of the building, ground floor, on the corner, to my left? (If that makes any sense....)
Her apartment was closer to the river than the lobby?

Just spent some time "walking around" Peninsular apartments with street view. Gives a very different perspective. I will spend more time "there" shortly but wanted to quickly post...

It should be noted that *both* Julia and Chelsea Bruck's bodies were located very close to railroad tracks.....albeit Julia was inside. However, the proximity to the tracks is a stand out to me.

Forager,

So....if I were standing outside the apartments facing the lobby (and facing the Huron river), then Julia's apartment would have been on the other side of the building, ground floor, on the corner, to my left? (If that makes any sense....)
Her apartment was closer to the river than the lobby?

Yes. Her room would have been near the corner closest to the river. You would have to go left (north-west) from the entrance lobby to get to her room. Here's a view from across the river at her side of the building. The camera is facing south-east. I don't know which of those ground floor windows are hers. Trojan might.

Pen_Pl_across_river.jpg

Yes. Her room would have been near the corner closest to the river. You would have to go left (north-west) from the entrance lobby to get to her room. Here's a view from across the river at her side of the building. The camera is facing south-east. I don't know which of those ground floor windows are hers. Trojan might.

View attachment 75577

Trojan's posts mentioning Julia's apartment marked here for reference:

3/20

Julia's apartment door was very close to an exit walkway, so maybe a "lookout" was not needed but it is something I had not thought of before. I believe the time of death has been said to be between 9PM and 6AM on that Sunday night/Monday morning... [more information follows, but not about apt]

4/2

I don't know exactly what the room looked like, but I do know that Julia was not the neatest person in the world unless she was expecting company!

4/8

I agree with you, I now know that Ypsilanti does have a high crime rate. Julia's apartment was right across the street from the EMU campus. When we visited there, Jennifer was living in Pittman Hall (on campus) and Julia's apartment was just across a large parking lot and a busy road from there. During the daylight hours, everything looked fine. There's even a small park area near a small dam across the river near there which seemed nice. We went to the downtown area for lunch and it was very pleasant. Little did we realize what was in store in the future.

So apparently the mother would be allowed to supervise. They must not think he's a danger to the child. I wonder what kind of child *advertiser censored* it is.

It is rather puzzling isn't it? Makes you wonder if it's really child *advertiser censored* at all doesn't it?

Update on JT's bond conditions from Circuit Court. I called Circuit Court and was told that JT's lawyer and the prosecutor met with the Circuit Court judge and they amended his bond to allow supervised visits to his minor daughter. All other conditions remain in effect. "No contact with anyone under the age of eighteen." That's what I was told, so evidently the Circuit Court judge agreed to do this.

Actually the condition's state anyone under 16, without adult supervision. (He also is unrestricted on length of time for these visits)

I have to admit that I am confused. According to the article...

The probate case against James Turnquist, the Monroe man facing trial on child *advertiser censored* charges and whose stepdaughter’s murder remains unsolved, has been dismissed, allowing him to see his 12- year- old daughter.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/may/30/turnquist-probate-case-dismissed/

What is the "probate case"? Is this different from the parental custody case?
I wish I understood all of this better.:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member