MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the condition's state anyone under 16, without adult supervision. (He also is unrestricted on length of time for these visits)

Hmm. The media does not state he can have contact with anyone under 16, supervised or not, except his daughter:

Other than his biological daughter, Mr. Turnquist still is not allowed to have contact with anyone younger than 16, according to bond conditions. The probate case does not affect the criminal case, Mr. Stablein added. http://m.monroenews.com/news/2015/may/30/turnquist-probate-case-dismissed/?templates=mobile

Hmm. The media does not state he can have contact with anyone under 16, supervised or not, except his daughter:

Other than his biological daughter, Mr. Turnquist still is not allowed to have contact with anyone younger than 16, according to bond conditions. The probate case does not affect the criminal case, Mr. Stablein added. http://m.monroenews.com/news/2015/may/30/turnquist-probate-case-dismissed/?templates=mobile

My response was in regards to the age listed. Under 16 and Under 18 are not one in the same.

Gitana, thank you for your legal expertise. Much appreciate your common sense and legal knowledge.

No. If it wasn't child *advertiser censored* he would not be charged.

Thank you. What could be the reasoning behind the judge not feeling the minor child would be in danger if it was child *advertiser censored*?

Thank you. What could be the reasoning behind the judge not feeling the minor child would be in danger if it was child *advertiser censored*?

My guess would be that the material fell within the definition of child *advertiser censored*, but did not convince the judge that JT was a threat to his youngest, at least not under supervision. And that the judge and/or the DA knew things about JT's behavior that prevented them from being lenient to the extent of dismissing the charges altogether. Al Capone had to do hard time as a first time offender for tax charges, after all.

My guess would be that the material fell within the definition of child *advertiser censored*, but did not convince the judge that JT was a threat to his youngest, at least not under supervision. And that the judge and/or the DA knew things about JT's behavior that prevented them from being lenient to the extent of dismissing the charges altogether. Al Capone had to do hard time as a first time offender for tax charges, after all.

[video=youtube;t1HaKfkMBmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1HaKfkMBmk[/video]
Not my thing, but that's where wondering too much gets ya. Unsubtle.

Forager, thank you for everything.

Actually the condition's state anyone under 16, without adult supervision. (He also is unrestricted on length of time for these visits)

Yes, the age is 16 not 18. I made a mistake, but I think the adult supervision provision only applies to his visits with his minor daughter.

I do agree with you to the extent of the material falling within (or so we've been told) the definition of child *advertiser censored*. Guess we have to wait and see what it actually is, as unlike some other cases in the news lately we've been told ages of the children. We have yet to hear even a guesstimated age at all.

Gitana1 pondered this upthread: "What concerns me though is I thought I saw he was charged with only 1 count, yet 18 images were found on his computer. Is that true? If so, he should've been charged with more counts. "

So truth be told, I still have questions.

[video=youtube;t1HaKfkMBmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1HaKfkMBmk[/video]
Not my thing, but that's where wondering too much gets ya. Unsubtle.

Forager, thank you for everything.

I've never heard of this song, but then again I have never cared for any of Led Zepplin's music. Interesting choice to put out here. I'm glad my mind doesn't take me wondering in this direction.

I've never heard of this song, but then again I have never cared for any of Led Zepplin's music. Interesting choice to put out here. I'm glad my mind doesn't take me wondering in this direction.

I know, right? Zeitgeist perhaps?

Yes. Her room would have been near the corner closest to the river. You would have to go left (north-west) from the entrance lobby to get to her room. Here's a view from across the river at her side of the building. The camera is facing south-east. I don't know which of those ground floor windows are hers. Trojan might.

View attachment 75577

I have been to her apartment a few times but I believe it is closer to the front of the building in these pictures. I refer to the front of the building being the side that faces N.Huron River Road.When we visited her. we parked in the lot by what I call the "front" of the building, then entered the building on the entrance farthest to your left as you look at the front of the building. We would go down a hallway on the first floor, then to the left to her apartment. That's the best I can remember.

I have been to her apartment a few times but I believe it is closer to the front of the building in these pictures. I refer to the front of the building being the side that faces N.Huron River Road.When we visited her. we parked in the lot by what I call the "front" of the building, then entered the building on the entrance farthest to your left as you look at the front of the building. We would go down a hallway on the first floor, then to the left to her apartment. That's the best I can remember.

Trojan - If I am understanding you correctly, you could *not* access Julia's part of the apartment directly from a door off the street...correct? You had to enter through a "building" door vs. her "apartment" door? Then go down a hallway, enter into the "apartment" and then she had a door for her own quarters?

feels gruesome, roses, walking around there. Great graphics and ease. http://www.earth-scout.com/google-street-view.php?q=1000 N. Huron, Ypsilanti, MI Thank you for this look around.

There is a real creepy flat top gray building "for lease" right next to her apartments, and then more industrial stuff further down railroad rd. The gray building gives me the creeps, but it's probably residual willies from the Chelsea case.

Here's the thing...if the Perp had to enter through a "building" door, this becomes very puzzling. It was a Sunday night before finals. Kids coming and going at all hours. The library was open until 10:00pm. Anyone other than the kids would have really stood out. Puzzling...

There is a real creepy flat top gray building "for lease" right next to her apartments, and then more industrial stuff further down railroad rd. The gray building gives me the creeps, but it's probably residual willies from the Chelsea case.

Here's the thing...if the Perp had to enter through a "building" door, this becomes very puzzling. It was a Sunday night before finals. Kids coming and going at all hours. The library was open until 10:00pm. Anyone other than the kids would have really stood out. Puzzling...

I was getting a creepy vibe as well, but not sure if it's because such a horrible crime was committed there or if I still have bad vibes from picking up my husband's ashes just a few miles down the road and could have swore the people I had to deal with were straight out of the movie Deliverance! I think it's a combo of both! I just don't have a good overall feeling of the area.

I tend to agree with you. College age kids tend to think people in their 30's & 40's are OLD and would probably stand out! My son continuous tells me he is picking out my nursing home already! (Fine as long as you let me have sippy cups filled with Wine, we're good! ) LOL

Sippy cup with wine. I got quite a visual on that Dazed. ; )

Yes, and adult would have definitely stood out if they were seen. I'm trying to figure out if they could have gotten access to her apartment without coming in through a building door. It doesn't seem so, but I need Trojan to confirm. If the answer is they couldn't, it definitely gives me more to think about.

Of course an adult could have been furtive, wearing a hooding and moving swiftly. But still, the risk of detection would have been high due to kids up studying for finals all night. Remember those days?

I took that virtual drive, careening over sidewalks and against traffic, and killing one pedestrian, but my only real takeaway was that the area looked better tended and unsavory than its descriptions on the thread.

Could the perp have been in a disguise, dressed in hoodie and jacket, hat, wig and face covered in glasses? I think the view I had, and Trojan can check me on this, is that from outside you could see the entrance and hallway leading to Julia's apartment door clearly. So, it may have been possible, that if the perp had somebody watching for them, a lookout, they could have been communicating with each other for an all clear to get through the hallway and outside, it seems to me. Compared to a normal Sunday night, it was the end of exams, so in a bit of a sweet spot timing wise for somebody who would want to minimize risk, it seems to me. School was still in session officially, yet very few people around, as evidenced by Julia's roommates comings and goings. IIRC, there were some excellent posts up thread by former student who gave an idea of what it was like to live there and on campus during this kind of time.

Gitana, thank you for your legal expertise. Much appreciate your common sense and legal knowledge.

Thank you!

I liked Forager's answer. It could be the age and/or sex of the kids depicted or an assessment that indicated the daughter was not a victim, and not likely to be, etc. it's quite hard to tell.

Supervision is typically ordered for sex offenders with kids or those accused of being sex offenders. And it's a safe option usually. But if the monitor is sympathetic to the offender/alleged offender, that's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21