MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police very well may know EXACTLY what caused those circular marks! Doesn't mean they would feel the need to give out that info....

A dart would leave a puncture wound, not an abrasion.

Ah..good point pappa_rob! With this information a tranquilizer gun or poison dart is ruled out in my book, I'm back to a taser or needle injection possibly being responsible for the circular abrasions on Julia's elbow.

While at doctor's office this morning I thought of Julia and this case. In for a routine checkup, the nurse placed me in a small examining room where I waited for the doctor with the door closed. My eyes darted around the room and a box of latex gloves caught my eye. Then I began to think, where do the used latex gloves go after the doctor has examined a patient? I looked to my left and there is a small laminated cabinet with a built-in hole. I lean forward in my chair and peer through the hole, spying a freshly discarded pair of latex gloves in the medical waste basket. If I acted quickly, I could have easily grabbed the used latex gloves without touching the gloves, while I waited for the doctor. There was a box of kleenex on the countertop. I could have grabbed and wrapped the used gloves in tissue, placing them in the freshly laundred, large packet of my fall jacket.

Oh, the things our minds can come up with due to WS. LookingGlass, I have been more observant of things such as that, and also of what my internet searches might show. Would hope I never have to have mine impounded.

Oh, the things our minds can come up with due to WS. LookingGlass, I have been more observant of things such as that, and also of what my internet searches might show. Would hope I never have to have mine impounded.

I know what you mean.
I am going to blame it on reading "True Detective" stories as a kid. LOL :)

I wonder if the abrasions on Julia's left arm could have been left by the instrument that was used used to cut off her clothing. Two small circular abrasions could possibly be the tip of a sharp pair of open scissors. The affidavit states that Julia's right sleeve was still on her body when she was found, could explain why the abrasions were only on her left side.

That is now, but I don't remember seeing a "panic" button when I saw her apartment. I'm not sure how to find out if one was there in 2012 or if they have been added since then.

I have recently been informed that there was in fact a "panic" button in Julia's bedroom.

I have recently been informed that there was in fact a "panic" button in Julia's bedroom.

Interesting.
I wonder too like Black Squirrel where it was located because I am wondering if maybe the attacker used the Panic Room to tie her up in there. Maybe the sounds were muffled in that room which could explain why nobody came to her rescue if she was screaming out.

I would bet the Panic Rooms have reinforced walls that would prevent sounds from penetrating.

It would be good if we could confirm where the room was and if for sure she had a panic room at time of her murder. I think most panic rooms are basically a reinforced closet type area. They would be rather small I would think in apartments like she lived in.

Interesting.
I wonder too like Black Squirrel where it was located because I am wondering if maybe the attacker used the Panic Room to tie her up in there. Maybe the sounds were muffled in that room which could explain why nobody came to her rescue if she was screaming out.

I would bet the Panic Rooms have reinforced walls that would prevent sounds from penetrating.

It would be good if we could confirm where the room was and if for sure she had a panic room at time of her murder. I think most panic rooms are basically a reinforced closet type area. They would be rather small I would think in apartments like she lived in.

It was a panic button if I understand correctly to use if in danger, not an actual room in her apartment....residents would push a button to alert security/staff of danger and would alert police or come check on the resident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hatfield, have you heard different than me? I don't think there was a panic ROOM, just some button. Whether it was on a wall that one would have to get to to press it, I don't know.

I picture it like the life alert they show on TV where it is a button you can wear or carry around and use in case of an emergency. Or when I did a Google search it showed that or a button in a room. But I know I wouldn't just carry it around with me all the time especially being in a college apartment and being thAt age. I would probably only have it next to my bed at night if I was alone and was feeling paranoid.

I wonder if the abrasions on Julia's left arm could have been left by the instrument that was used used to cut off her clothing. Two small circular abrasions could possibly be the tip of a sharp pair of open scissors. The affidavit states that Julia's right sleeve was still on her body when she was found, could explain why the abrasions were only on her left side.

Or perhaps, cloth or rug burn sort of abrasion.

Hatfield, have you heard different than me? I don't think there was a panic ROOM, just some button. Whether it was on a wall that one would have to get to to press it, I don't know.

Sorry. I read it wrong and didn't realize we were talking about just a BUTTON.

I understand now. So these types of buttons would have only helped her if she could have gotten to it to push it.

Its too bad there was not more security footage available or a witness come forward that saw something that day.

In my city there are lots of crimes committed in apartment parking lots and I wonder if maybe legislation should require apartment managers to have security videos of every front door of every apartment and 5 days worth of backup. And require them to have video of the entire parking lot. Maybe it would help prevent crime in apartment housing.

I know it would be costly and our apartment rent would probably go up but maybe it would help prevent crime in apartment housing. Its so sad for people when they cannot be safe where they live.

A small apartment room should make access to such a button rather easy. She could of pressed it, but it went unanswered because the person responsible for responding is actually the perp?

A small apartment room should make access to such a button rather easy. She could of pressed it, but it went unanswered because the person responsible for responding is actually the perp?

While it may seem a button would be easy to get to, if one has access to the button blocked somehow (by a perp), it isn't going to help. JMO

While it may seem a button would be easy to get to, if one has access to the button blocked somehow (by a perp), it isn't going to help. JMO

Or could have purposely been threatened not to go near it hence the condition of her place when she was found. Orrrrr did the button even work? I have lived in several apartments that have speakers for intercom systems they weren't hooked up or working in my time being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member