MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or could have purposely been threatened not to go near it hence the condition of her place when she was found. Orrrrr did the button even work? I have lived in several apartments that have speakers for intercom systems they weren't hooked up or working in my time being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm speculating Julia was knocked unconscious and didn't have a chance to push the panic button or use her cell. She may or may not have let someone in, they may have turned on her, or got in the apartment somehow while she slept.

send help message.jpg

I guess an android phone is the new panic button. I know many recharge their phone while they sleep on a night stand. Not sure if this works while in recharge mode. Seems like it would. The phone can be set-up to GPS track location and record sound.

I tried to contact one of Julia's roommates concerning the "Panic Button" but she does not want to be involved with either side of our "divided" family. My daughter, JT and my granddaughter, Jennifer, all refuse to voluntarily cooperate with LE to provide information as requested on an on-going basis. If you go to the website for the apartment complex, there is a virtual tour. I took that and it seems the "Panic Button" is on the wall of the bedroom, near the light switch. It seems to be a little distance from the bedroom door.
Here's the link:
http://tours.imagemaker360.com/Viewer/60.asp?id=94484

I have been experiencing "problems" trying to post anything to this site.
My daughter's immediate family's continued efforts to not cooperate with LE puzzles me. They want "Justice for Julia" but fail to cooperate on an on-going basis with LE. I do not understand this behavior at all. They would like people to come forward with any information but yet they don't. The focus of this whole thing should be to find the truth and hopefully find the person responsible for this senseless murder. I will not rest until this is resolved. Is it possibly JT? I don't really know. Evidently he does not want to come forward to "clear" himself or else he likes the publicity of being a person of interest. I don't care who the person is, I just want them to be caught for committing this terrible crime.

This is somethings I personally have to say.................
I have noticed that since the child *advertiser censored* trial for Jim T, there have been very few comments from (modsnip). I guess the fact that Jim T was found innocent - all is well. I personally do not think all is well! There was child *advertiser censored* on a computer that was in a home that had a young daughter who had access to that computer and still might today. Someone put that there........ it did not get there by itself.
(modsnip) encouraged him and his immediate family to cooperate with LE on an ongoing basis? Possibly JT enjoys the publicity of being a POI in this case. His family would tell the news media in earlier interviews that if anyone knows anything about this to please come forward and notify the authorities. But now, he has a lawyer and refuses to assist LE in any way. Why can't he take his lawyer with him and sit down with LE and try to clear up things and possibly clear himself as a POI? Does this not make sense to anyone else? Remember, LE would have to find "hard" evidence to make any arrests - so if he's completely innocent then what is he worried about? If he truly loved Julia as he says he did, why not do anything he can to help solve this murder? I am extremely disappointed in my daughter and granddaughter for not being fully cooperative with LE. Why has the family bonded together in this "silence"? Maybe solving Julia's murder doesn't mean as much to them as it does to me. Julia is constantly on my mind all day and all night long. I am determined that we will solve this crime with or without the Turnquist's family help! Justice for Julia! ! ! !
I hope my family can read this ( I've been told they do read Websleuths) as we are not communicating at this point. It seems that I am no longer included in their lives. As their father and grandfather, I will always love them and someday in the future they too may truly miss me as I miss them.

Trojan, do not get discouraged. Many of us care deeply and are very saddened for you, but determined to see this through, with or without immediate family cooperation. My heart just breaks for the pain you endure.

Trojan, do not get discouraged. Many of us care deeply and are very saddened for you, but determined to see this through, with or without immediate family cooperation. My heart just breaks for the pain you endure.

I didn't know Julia personally, but I know from everything shared here she was social and caring with her family, friends and co-workers. Even without immediate family support, I believe, someone in her circle will remember something little that was said or someone will come forward with the information to solve this case. I truly believe all the pieces will fall into place someday soon.

This is somethings I personally have to say.................
I have noticed that since the child *advertiser censored* trial for Jim T, (modsnip)]. I guess the fact that Jim T was found innocent - all is well. I personally do not think all is well! There was child *advertiser censored* on a computer that was in a home that had a young daughter who had access to that computer and still might today. Someone put that there........ it did not get there by itself.
(modsnip) encouraged him and his immediate family to cooperate with LE on an ongoing basis? Possibly JT enjoys the publicity of being a POI in this case. His family would tell the news media in earlier interviews that if anyone knows anything about this to please come forward and notify the authorities. But now, he has a lawyer and refuses to assist LE in any way. Why can't he take his lawyer with him and sit down with LE and try to clear up things and possibly clear himself as a POI? Does this not make sense to anyone else? Remember, LE would have to find "hard" evidence to make any arrests - so if he's completely innocent then what is he worried about? If he truly loved Julia as he says he did, why not do anything he can to help solve this murder? I am extremely disappointed in my daughter and granddaughter for not being fully cooperative with LE. Why has the family bonded together in this "silence"? Maybe solving Julia's murder doesn't mean as much to them as it does to me. Julia is constantly on my mind all day and all night long. I am determined that we will solve this crime with or without the Turnquist's family help! Justice for Julia! ! ! !
I hope my family can read this ( I've been told they do read Websleuths) as we are not communicating at this point. It seems that I am no longer included in their lives. As their father and grandfather, I will always love them and someday in the future they too may truly miss me as I miss them.

JT knows from personal experience that police can arrest you without having "hard evidence". As we know now, police had no proof that the *advertiser censored* found on the computer involved minors, that it was downloaded deliberately or that it had been downloaded by JT. This was after cooperating with LE and handing over the computer.

I think there is legitimate concern that he might get arrested again if he did sit down with LE and make a formal statement. The detectives might say that it would be suspicious if he did not recall his exact whereabouts nearly three years ago. I think it is unlikely that police would unnamed him POI after making a formal statement, because there is always room for lingering suspicion.

I don't think we should question the motives of the people here at websleuths. We are all here to find Julia's murderer.

JT knows from personal experience that police can arrest you without having "hard evidence". As we know now, police had no proof that the *advertiser censored* found on the computer involved minors, that it was downloaded deliberately or that it had been downloaded by JT. This was after cooperating with LE and handing over the computer.

I think there is legitimate concern that he might get arrested again if he did sit down with LE and make a formal statement. The detectives might say that it would be suspicious if he did not recall his exact whereabouts nearly three years ago. I think it is unlikely that police would unnamed him POI after making a formal statement, because there is always room for lingering suspicion.

I don't think we should question the motives of the people here at websleuths. We are all here to find Julia's murderer.

That's right, they could not prove how it got there but it was there. It is my understanding of the verdict and if correct that verdict did not pertain to the presence of *advertiser censored* on the computer. It was merely deciding if JT put it there and that could not be proved.

Now a minor child is in the same house where the *advertiser censored* was found so people have a very valid reason for being concerned. Everyone seems to stay focused on JT's Not Guilty verdict. It means nothing because JT is now living in the same house of the minor child where *advertiser censored* was found. Regardless of his verdict *advertiser censored* is still a risk at being present on the computers within that household.

One glaring fact is this same man is considered POI in the death of his stepdaughter. He should not be allowed living with minor children, even his own until his name is cleared.

Not exactly....I bet JT remembers that pleasant phone call with Julia on Dec. 9th and even the time he called.

Feb. 16, 2013 - JT agrees to another interview by investigators the upcoming week but requested a few days’ notice.

Feb. 19, 2013 - This day is when it all starts to unravel and an interesting read of LE notes.

Feb. 23, 2013 - JT does a private lie detector lie at a private investigations company and passed. Of course, none of us how long or how many times they did this time but the report showed to the world stated he passed.

This could be where JT uses up his "A Few Days Notice" pass because on..

Feb. 25, 2013 - JT takes a LE lie detector lie and it was determined by the test administer he was being truthful.

Feb. 25, 2013 - Jt's attorney called LE stating JT would no longer be submitting a formal statement.

Feb. 25, 2013 - JT stopped the investigation.

Feb. 26, 2015 - JT is arrested on *advertiser censored* charges.

He had two years and a few days notice to clear his name. I'm not accepting his silence. LE needs answers and they believe JT knows something. They never said he killed Julia only that he knows something about her death. What's the harm of talking to LE if you are innocent? Or is there something to hide?

It's a homicide investigation into his stepdaughter's death and I hope LE doesn't ever stop questioning people about Julia's death. None of us should stop asking until all the pieces fit and the truth is known.

If we don't question motives, we don't find the truth.

In closing, I'm quite sure you have missed me and those witty last statements declaring the above to be IMHO only. I would like to add that it is not all IMHO and some is fact based upon information provided in the Search Warrant that one can link directly on Page 1 of Julia's Threads 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Until next time, friend....:loveyou:

A small apartment room should make access to such a button rather easy. She could of pressed it, but it went unanswered because the person responsible for responding is actually the perp?

I would think the security guard would answer the panic button alarm first. That was who the roommate contacted when she needed help. He called the police then contacted his superior who gave the master key to police for access.

There were no signs of a struggle on her so she never attempted to hit the button. Seems there would wounds from the struggle when everyone realized Julia knew she was in a life or death situation.

My guess is security isn't involved and Julia never had a chance to react.

As always it's all my opinion aside from the security guard part that is true and can be verified as such in the Search Warrant one find within the threads for Julia.

:justice: is coming..

That's right, they could not prove how it got there but it was there. It is my understanding of the verdict and if correct that verdict did not pertain to the presence of *advertiser censored* on the computer. It was merely deciding if JT put it there and that could not be proved.
The main argument of the defense, was that the images were not child *advertiser censored*. The lawyer mentioned that they could prove in one instance that the person in the image was NOT a minor. I think the reason it took the jury only 45 minutes is that they agreed with the defense's arguments. If there is no child *advertiser censored*, then there is not even a reason to deliberate who put it there.
Now a minor child is in the same house where the *advertiser censored* was found so people have a very valid reason for being concerned. Everyone seems to stay focused on JT's Not Guilty verdict. It means nothing because JT is now living in the same house of the minor child where *advertiser censored* was found. Regardless of his verdict *advertiser censored* is still a risk at being present on the computers within that household.
IMO, the mere presence of *advertiser censored* on computers is not a reason for concern. All parents who let their kids use a personal computer with internet access, give their kids access to *advertiser censored*. It is easier to find *advertiser censored* on the internet, than to find it on a hard-drive.
One glaring fact is this same man is considered POI in the death of his stepdaughter. He should not be allowed living with minor children, even his own until his name is cleared.
JT's name has been cleared in the child *advertiser censored* investigation, so there is no reason to take him away from his daughter any longer. JT is not a suspect in Julia's death. According to LE, JT is a POI because he did not make a formal statement. Should LE take him away from his daughter to pressure him into making a formal statement, even though he has a legal right not to do so? I don't think so.

If we don't question motives, we don't find the truth.
We should question the motives of all people that could possibly involved in Julia's death. What I meant before is that we should not question the motives of fellow websleuthers Mimommy and DazednConfused who are trying to find out the truth like all of us. JMO.

Since the tweet contains bad language I won't link it. But you find the tweet by using
"@julianiswender2 f### off" in the twitter search window, where the #'s are replaced with the appropriate letters.

Her comment seems to be directed at her philosophy teacher. Do you believe this teacher to also be a current police officer?

Her comment seems to be directed at her philosophy teacher. Do you believe this teacher to also be a current police officer?
No that is the wrong tweet. I am talking about tweets on 1/3/2012.
You can also search for "@julianiswender pants"

No that is the wrong tweet. I am talking about tweets on 1/3/2012.
You can also search for "@julianiswender pants"

I believe you may have your dates wrong. Please check?
The address I have for her tweets does not show anything from that date; it ends in December of that year. I try to go back to the previous January and it shows nothing.

-- I guess I'll have to take your word for it since I can't verify myself.

Thank you, Squirrel. I guess for some reason I am just not seeing it. I will check again.

ETA: nope, not finding it. Oh well.

I knew what you meant right along with JT being innocent and him not speaking to LE. If JT is innocent then he should not mind speaking to the police. Maybe he is innocent and in fear of his life. Maybe he is the killer and enjoys the puppet show being conducted. Whatever the reason, the message is clear. It's just not as important in solving the killing for Julia and the people who cared for and loved her as much as it does to keep that Not Guilty sign waving in everyone's face.

I now realize it is okay for the minor daughter to be around him. It was probably the fact he is POI in this little girl's half-sister's homicide investigation that caused some of this concern for her safety. Now I can see where I was wrong because he is innocent of a charge that has absolutely no bearing to the homicide case.

Up to 2-3 years prior to her murder, a lot of Julia's life events were shared through her social media accounts. On her instagram account Julia even says she lives her fun, crazy life through pictures. As far as we know, Julia didn't have many secrets or any mysterious friends hidden away from friends or family. IMO I'm 90% convinced whomever did this is someone close to Julia and someone other people in Julia's life know. The remaining 10% I leave open to speculation otherwise.

Although I am still very suspicious of her stepfather, I think it's possible that it was a stranger or an acquaintance at school. Plenty of people are murdered seemingly randomly by a person who has broken into their homes or entered through an open door.

Although I am still very suspicious of her stepfather, I think it's possible that it was a stranger or an acquaintance at school. Plenty of people are murdered seemingly randomly by a person who has broken into their homes or entered through an open door.

That's what makes this case so tough. There is a lingering doubt that it could be someone else. Unless they can prove for sure.

I am still surprised the DNA could not be matched perfectly if it was him. I know she was in bath water but I would have thought they could have gotten a good DNA sample. There was something about the way the reported the results made me wonder if the tests were done properly. If LE kept any evidence I think it would be worth to retest the DNA on any samples they may have left.

-Inside gloves - They reported the gloves were intertwined so I think that mean that someone used one hand to take the glove off the other and it folded up inside the other glove which is what happens when taking off surgical gloves. Wondering if any sample of those gloves could be retested.

-retest any sample from body collected

-Did LE keep any objects from apartment like the key ring or something the perp would have touched. Retest that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau