GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is this the only discussion going on about this case?
Sorry, but I always find it so difficult to locate further discussions on cases because of the many categories, so if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the new info. Sounds like LE has their man. It absolutely sickens me that he may have removed the infant's clothes first. What kind of twisted sicko does that?

Geez, I probably need a break from all this. I think this is all pent up fruSHtration from Caylee's and Celina's cases, to name a few.

Was the DNA test for child support purposes?

From my understanding, the mother and "father" were still basically together; so no it was not for child support purposes. As another poster included, the article stated that the mom wanted to prove it to his parents. He was still wanting to deny to his parents. She was sick of lying. Also, I wonder if he did have a bit of doubt - otherwise, why would he want to pay for a DNA test. These kids having babies are just so young!

From my understanding, the mother and "father" were still basically together; so no it was not for child support purposes. As another poster included, the article stated that the mom wanted to prove it to his parents. He was still wanting to deny to his parents. She was sick of lying. Also, I wonder if he did have a bit of doubt - otherwise, why would he want to pay for a DNA test. These kids having babies are just so young!

Actually, the mother DID state that this was also about child support. See below.

Well now I just don't know aqbout the child support issue. I listened to the 911 call and Ariel, the mom, does mention child support.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/07/ready_to_edit_911_call_made_by.html

I just don't have a good feeling about this case.

And, where was their other child during this? Does she get support for her?

So her took her clothes off, but not her diaper?

I guess he could have taken off her diaper and left it someplace else, but where?

or if you believe the adoption/sale theory, he left the diaper on because someone was just changing her clothes.

Someone mentioned that if he did pass the kid off, why not the car seat/diaper bag. Well, again, if i was 'adopting' a child i would have all new of those things ready. Not that i believe Kate is with some happy family somewhere, just thinking about different scenarios.

If he had given this baby to someone, there would be no reason not to admit it at this point, IMO. It is a nicer idea, of course, but not what happened. How easy to get rid of a tiny baby, I fear she will never be found...fully grown adults so often are not...

Is this the only discussion going on about this case?
Sorry, but I always find it so difficult to locate further discussions on cases because of the many categories, so if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the new info. Sounds like LE has their man. It absolutely sickens me that he may have removed the infant's clothes first. What kind of twisted sicko does that?

Geez, I probably need a break from all this. I think this is all pent up fruSHtration from Caylee's and Celina's cases, to name a few.

More here: MI MI- AMBER ALERT: Katherine Phillips, 4 months, Ludington, 29 June 2011 -suspect found - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If he had given this baby to someone, there would be no reason not to admit it at this point, IMO. It is a nicer idea, of course, but not what happened. How easy to get rid of a tiny baby, I fear she will never be found...fully grown adults so often are not...

I don't believe the nice story either. And i agree, there are too many places to dispose of such a little baby.

Am i right in assuming that the defense is trying to make out that the mother went along with giving up the baby??

Don't know if this is posted but new details in it, no answers though!

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/08/ready_to_edit_court_hearing_pr.html

However, Smedley pointed out a voicemail from Courtland to Phillips on the evening of June 28, hours before the infant went missing, in which Courtland asks Phillips if he would want to “take Kate” that night because “after tomorrow it will be too late.”

The video shows his lawyer saying she filled out adoption paperwork and searched adoptions online.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/08/ready_to_edit_court_hearing_pr.html

However, Smedley pointed out a voicemail from Courtland to Phillips on the evening of June 28, hours before the infant went missing, in which Courtland asks Phillips if he would want to “take Kate” that night because “after tomorrow it will be too late.”

The video shows his lawyer saying she filled out adoption paperwork and searched adoptions online.

I still have my questions and doubts about the mother. Prayers for Baby Kate! Where are you sweetheart? Are you safe?

I don't believe the nice story either. And i agree, there are too many places to dispose of such a little baby.

Am i right in assuming that the defense is trying to make out that the mother went along with giving up the baby??

He does not strike me as a guy who would take the time to find some people to take the baby...and if he had simply thrust the baby into someone's arms, they would have come forward by now.

However, Smedley pointed out a voicemail from Courtland to Phillips on the evening of June 28, hours before the infant went missing, in which Courtland asks Phillips if he would want to “take Kate” that night because “after tomorrow it will be too late

This is odd. Does anyone think it means that he should take her because the next day they'll be watched/he'll be in jail or that she needed him to dispose of the baby's body?

I read somewhere that he was trying to get out of going to afghanistan, I really, really hope that they cooked this up as a way to get him out of it. But even if the baby reappears out of nowhere, how will they explain how she was lost since she says he took her and he says the mom had "it".

They said mom was accepting collect calls from him, I wonder if they were recorded??

I'm having my doubts about the mommy now since reading the latest news. I am not sure that either one of them wanted this baby. Looking at the picture above, I keep thinking WHO could hurt such a precious little angel??!!!

Well, MAYBE if Mom is involved, there is at least a chance the baby was sold or given to someone who wanted a child...

I am holding my breath hoping that "after tomorrow" would have been too late because they had prearranged an adoption of some sorts and then concocted this other story. I wonder if Ariel was questioned about what she meant by that voicemail and what her response was.

Somebody knows where this child is, and what happened to her. LE can get to the bottom of it if they keep hammering at them. Whoever he handed her off to is probably in hiding, hoping that enough time passes that no one will recognize the baby from the pictures released in the media. You know... give a baby another month or two and they don't look like the same child sometimes.

This new info about the mom actually gives me hope that she might be alive.

I'm sure LE has checked to see if the mom has come into some extra money lately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndianaMarch
Back