GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I seem to be getting more gullible in my old age, but I think a lot of what he said in the letter is true (at least in his eyes.) It sounds like she's been pushing for marriage for quite a while, and I wonder if she's actually told him she'd tell more than she has unless he marries her. It sounds like he thinks marriage will somehow protect him, but I think he's beyond saving.

He accused her of leaving the baby in the car, but I think it's possible that she left her expecting him to bring her in, and he really wasn't paying enough attention to realize it. When I read it, my first thought was that it was her calling him to tell him to bring the baby back. I can see her believing he was taking her on purpose, whether he was or not.

Where I stop believing completely is when he pulls the carseat from the car. He may not have known she was in there before, but I think he did see her when he looked into the backseat. If it really was an "accident", I'd be inclined to think that he was planning to pull out the carseat and leave her sitting there, but she wasn't strapped in and fell out. Otherwise, I think he may have just been so mad about her being left there that he yanked the seat out and threw it, knowing full well the baby was in it. Either way, it was not in the baby's best interest. I also don't believe he just sat there holding her because he didn't think to call 911. If he just sat there for a while holding her, it was more likely because he was trying to figure out what to do with her.

For me, being the parent of a 22 month old, i cannot fathom my child not crying if his seat were being pushed up. Sean says he tried to push back his seat etc, he was angry. I don't for a moment believe she didn't cry in all of that, anymore than i believe in the easter bunny.

I also don't believe that at lunch time near a fast food place, he threw her car seat and no one saw. i do believe he went into Wendy's without realizing she was there, dealt with phone calls and was frustrated, got in the car, more calls, couldn't move that seat and Kate started crying and he thought "Screw this, i'll deal with this once and for all".

I don't want to think about he did next but he had the presence of mind to remove her clothes and put her stuff in the trunk, go home and change shoes then spend a year in silence making this B.S woe is me story up.

All JMO. As always.

April was on Dr. Phil this morning, along with Sean's mother, and April's father.

Interesting show, I must say. I didn't really know much about this case, until today.

I'm watching right now. She is defending Sean to her father. She claims that Sean's attorney knows where Kate is at from a letter Sean gave her a few weeks after Kate disappeared. Ugh.

Ok , watched the show and I took notes for the entire hour. I'm posting like I took the notes, in sequence of the show. It's going to take a bit as I'm a pretty slow typer.

Ariel: We had a DNA appt. at 1:00 that day, because Shawn was going to the Army for a year and we needed that for insurance reimbursement.

Shawn wanted the adoption.

She believe's the letter is from Shawn.
She believe's it "could have happened that way" as far as him not knowing baby Kate was in the car seat.

SHE HAS ONLY READ THE LETTER ONCE!

She says he knew the baby was gone.

Ariel stated that "she has letters LE doesn't know about"

Shawn stated to her that the baby was in a peaceful place.
Ariel said "he didn't realize the baby was unbuckled."

Shawn said" he didn't realize the baby was in the car seat"

Demo was done on the show with a audience member. Wt vs empty car seat and weight with baby in it. Really wasn't necessary IMO. Viewer stated he could tell the difference.

Ariel believes Shawn knows where Kate is and that he killed her. The most detail was in the letter.

She said she hasn't been able to grieve. Dr. Phil asks if she was involved, she says NO

Ariel's father Tim now on
They wanted to adopt Kate. Dad feared Ariel knew what happened. He stated 10 mins after 911 call she wanted to see Shawn. Dad is on show to confront his daughter. He knows this may cost his relationship with his daughter, but she continued to lie and he feels she knows what happened to the baby.
Ariel argued with her father but I missed this part(sorry)
She denied any involvement and said she took 2 poly's and passed.

Tim the father said too many inconsistencies in her story.

OK posting this part and typeing more so I don't time out

lol I did time out

Her father also stated he believes Ariel would do anything to protect Shawn.

Ariel said the letter was originally sent to Shawns attorney, but the letter wasn't given to her. she called the attorney a B. she said attorney knew all along about the confession but never said anything.

Annette Smedley ( the attorney) said "yes they went to DHS and that Ariel wasn't telling the truth. She stated that the letter hasn't been authenticated. She also said she can't verify if she has the original letter.

Attorney also stated Shawn should be charged with manslaughter not murder.

Ariel interjects saying Shawn told her over the phone that he told the attorney he killed baby Kate.

At this point Dr Phil asks Ariel "I thought you stated you have only talked to Shawn through letters" which she has said earlier. (Ariel gets tripped up over this)

Attorney states that a couple was intervied from Germany to adopt baby Kate and she could be in Germany for all she knows.

Dr Phil asks the attorney if she has followed up on this. She states it's not her job to do so. Dr Phil says "he will followup"

Shawns mom

She believes the baby died from over exposure in the car and that Kate was dead before her so threw her out of the car.
She believes 90% of what Ariel says is not true.

Thats it, just as a disclosure I only watched the show and typed what I thought I heard. and all of this is IMO

They are both full of it, IMO. Ariel and the so-called father of Katherine.

They are both full of it, IMO. Ariel and the so-called father of Katherine.

Gotta include the attorney in that group. How could someone KNOW where a BABIES body is located and not tell?!?!?

JMO

I saw this poor baby's mother on Dr. Phil today and thought 2 of her most "interesting" statements were in the clips they showed of her being interviewed before she came out on stage. 1 was when she didn't wish to discuss why she and the bf were at DHS that day "because if she 'slipped up' people would be all over the inconsistencies accusing her of things"...tell the truth and it's hard to slip up and be inconsistent! The 2nd was when she said it made her laugh that people compared her to Casey Anthony (laugh?!), and referred to CA as having "made a mistake". Okaaaaay.
Overall, i thought she came off as disingenuous and cold and I agreed with her father that she seems way more focused on Her bf than her missing baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back