GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/07/ready_to_edit_ludingtons_kathe.html

Missing One Month Today

snipped (nothing new...)

One long, excruciating month has passed since Ariel Courtland has held, touched, kissed or rocked her newborn baby girl, last seen in the backseat of her estranged boyfriend's vehicle on June 29.

“I want my daughter back home safe and sound,” the 19-year-old Ludington mother said of her infant, Katherine Shelbie-Elizabeth Phillips.

“I want her home. I don't understand why it's taking so long to get her home. They have searched every place possible and still nothing.”

Do you have a link to where it says this? I have been trying to keep up with this but seems it's going cold.

During much of the two conversations they had over the weekend Phillips talked about other things, Courtland said, and often times acted as if things were "normal".

Courtland said she did see fear in Phillips and said he told her he was afraid of spending the "rest of his life in prison."

Sunday, the visit ended abruptly. Phillips stood up and said "I can't do this anymore," according to Courtland.

(snipped)

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/nw_mich/Kates-alleged-kidnapper-refuses-family

Local rumors are saying that under MI law, Sean could spend the rest of his life in prison for kidnapping because he is not named as Kate's father on the birth certificate. However, same rumors also say he would have received only one year for parental kidnapping if his name HAD been on the birth certificate. I assume that is why he is saying he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in jail, not necessarily because he did something to her. Just a thought. I am not familiar with this particular sentencing guideline, just repeating local buzz.

I've been following this case silently here and it is so heartbreaking.

On NG last night a reporter said that the prison is only feeding Sean water and bread and he has to sleep on a metal bed with no mattress. I guess that is a form of waterboarding :)

I look at the pictures of Baby Kate and wonder how anyone can be so cruel to do something to a baby....or any child for that matter. Sickening.

Really, just bread and water and a metal bed? I don't know if that is legal or not, but I would think someone would be screaming about his rights and cruel and unusual punishment. (I am not saying he deserves better, but how many times do we see people pushing for criminals' rights and lawyers scrambling to defend them?) I can't say I have ever heard of these circumstances in a prior case. Interesting! It sure doesn't seem to be making him talk, though.

that reporter is spewing a load of carp ... did the reporter quote any prison official?

prisons can't do that unless that is all Sean will eat (which is entirely possible if he's in POW mode - sometimes soldiers disconnect/compartmentalize in traumatic situations in which case he may have even removed the mattress himself)

based on his appearance in court, I would say he managed to disconnect somehow then but I still highly doubt the accuracy of the NG report

that reporter is spewing a load of carp ... did the reporter quote any prison official?

prisons can't do that unless that is all Sean will eat (which is entirely possible if he's in POW mode - sometimes soldiers disconnect/compartmentalize in traumatic situations in which case he may have even removed the mattress himself)

based on his appearance in court, I would say he managed to disconnect somehow then but I still highly doubt the accuracy of the NG report

I don't personally believe it, but, if it is happening, it certainly doesn't hurt my feelings.

It is unbelievable that a parent, gets rid of a child, cannot prove they are alive, and only get kidnapping....WTF is up with our system.

Something just isn't right with the mom. I can't imagine a mom even thinking, much less mentioning their child could be dead and planning to use funds for a funeral. I've seen parents who refuse to admit their child is dead, even when presented with proof. She says "They've looked everywhere they can look", who says that?? They've looked everywhere? Really? Ok everyone, stop looking, they've looked everywhere. Someone desperate would be pleading with everyone to look, not asking for donations. What are the donations for, I mean other than use for her funeral if she's found and "no longer with us"?? The kidnapper is in jail, are they going to offer him the reward?

Either Baby Kate died prior to the "kidnapping" and they've cooked this up as a way of "reporting it" and possibly cashing in along the way. If he doesn't talk then his case may go the way of KC.
Or
This is a money making venture. They've stashed the baby with someone and once the reward money is high enough, someone will "find" her, collect the reward and they'll split it. He won't be guilty of kidnapping since it's his own child. And they're make up some baloney story about how someone stole the baby from him and he was afraid to tell.

I may be completely wrong and she may be a grieving mom but I don't care what anyone says, ugly coping or whatever, something just doesn't smell right.
MOO

A lot of people are questioning the mother in this case, saying she has lied repeatedly and spent search money getting her hair done and going to the beach. While I am not sure if it is true, Sean was also confirmed to be at a local Wendys minutes after leaving Ariels apartment. How could he have killed a baby then went to Wendys minutes later? Something isn't right.

Where did you hear about Ariel using the reward money to get her hair done and to go to the beach? I have not heard about this at all. If you have a link I would truly appreciate it.

I can't believe this baby has not been found yet.

I wonder if it's possible both parents did want to give up this baby. There is apparently a long waiting list for young, healthy, caucasian infants if you go through the normal channels. I know it's a bizarre theory but I wonder if the baby could have been sold to someone who didn't want to go through the very long, normal process. It would make sense then that this person(s) didn't come forward with the baby.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part I know. At least the idea of the baby being with someone who would care for her beats the alternative.

JMO

For a scent . I think he needed a scent. If her story isnt true they should look for a plastic baggie that held the clothes.. Also maybe they should look for a connection to someone in DHS ,He had to to of going there for a reason. Most people call agencies from ads looking for adoptive families dont they?[/QUOTE]

Not nessecarily, unfortunately. Freinds of mine had been trying to adopt from the state foster care system. One day they got a call that three little girls were dropped off at the local cps office by their parents. The parents said they no longer wanted the kids. The parents were transients, and I believe had some drug issues too. Anyway, my friends were placed with these girls as foster children, and ultimately got to adopt them.

I can't believe this baby has not been found yet.

I wonder if it's possible both parents did want to give up this baby. There is apparently a long waiting list for young, healthy, caucasian infants if you go through the normal channels. I know it's a bizarre theory but I wonder if the baby could have been sold to someone who didn't want to go through the very long, normal process. It would make sense then that this person(s) didn't come forward with the baby.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part I know. At least the idea of the baby being with someone who would care for her beats the alternative.

JMO

this has crossed my mind as well, Mandy. of course, i hate to point fingers at the mother in any way. as we have seen, every mother acts differently when their child is missing but then again, i am for any theory that lets the baby be alive and cared for, so i guess i will go there. if his parents didn't know the baby was his and he didn't want to tell them, and maybe she wanted to give the baby up too but her family would never allow it. she's 19, right? that is pure spec since i haven't read any statement from her family about it. so maybe they made a plan in which they could give the baby up and his parents would never know and her family wouldn't judge her. of course being young they might not have thought far enough ahead. again, pure spec, but it looks like he won't have to be deployed. he will have an easier time sitting in jail with her visiting him all the time than he would have in Afghanistan. i think Katherine is alive.

Has anyone seen anything saying whether or not her carseat was still in his car.

I cannot believe this precious baby has not been found yet. :( What did he do to her? The woods that were searched where his phone pinged- is there water there? I just don't understand why they cannot find her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back