GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Sean decided he didn't want to deployed to Afghanistan, what options would he have? I don't know how the military works but if he went AWOL, wouldn't that give him some serious military jail time? I'm hoping against the odds that once his deployment date passes or the military discharges him that the baby will reappear. I'm hoping he isn't saying anything because after the fact he wants to be able to say it wasn't kidnapping because Kate is his daughter and since he never said anything at all, he didn't lie. I hope they're either trying to pull one over on the military or they were trying to scam for reward payout.

If mom also did not want Kate, then why not go ahead with trying for an adoption? Unless this is about money, of course...
Still, I saw a number of very loving photos of mom and baby Kate...and she had time to form a bond and it seemed to be there, from whatever one can glean from photos...

Over 5 weeks now....this has just gone on too long. This baby needs to be found !!!

Just curious, but that article from Wednesday's hearing says she retrieved the stroller from a storage unit. I thought she had gone into her apartment to get the stroller. Does anyone know if they have searched the storage unit?

Just curious, but that article from Wednesday's hearing says she retrieved the stroller from a storage unit. I thought she had gone into her apartment to get the stroller. Does anyone know if they have searched the storage unit?

The retrieving story has changed a few times. My guess..... it never happened. They searched her home (found adoption paperwork) so i assume they searched the unit but i do not know.

Re: the diaper--he likely would have just thrown the diaper away. It's probably human nature to toss a used, likely disposable diaper. He surely wouldn't put that in his back pocket.

I think the adoption story is a very pleasant scenario and I know that black-market adoptions exist. Those people would not readily come forward to the authorities. The new parents wouldn't even know she was an abducted child and people desperate for a baby would probably justify reasoning not to come forward even if they saw the media about this baby. "She looks like her, but how do we know?"

That said, why would the father let LE believe he's in this alone? What does he have to gain? You could make an argument that she's bringing him socks, etc, because she feels badly that he's 'taking one for the team' but that seems almost hilarious. "Yes, I'll take the rap. Can you at least bring me some socks? My feet are cold here in JAIL."

This case is like Gabriel's to me. People desperately want to believe that this baby is alive and sleeping in Ralph Lauren crib sheets and being cooed at by loving parents, but parents like those of Gabriel and Kate just haven't given me the confidence. They're impetuous, spiteful people who didn't have the foresight or intelligence to network in the baby market. The babies are easily disposed of and the hatred for the other parent is stronger than any bond with a young infant.

I just can't believe that this guy is selfless enough to take the blame, regardless of how it might ultimately benefit him.

When Skiba told Courtland that Phillips was claiming she had the infant last, “she ran outside the front door (of her apartment) and threw up.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/08/ready_to_edit_court_hearing_pr.html

Why would you react that way?
Would that be your first indication that he might have done something to your child?
The fact that he was trying to claim he didn't have her and distance himself? Not just handing her over?

I would be angry and frustrated... the whole thing might make me puke... but I'm not sure why that specific thing would make someone puke...

I really want to believe she is still alive, and I struggle trying to come up with possible scenarios where she is being cared for by someone who loves her. But I just cannot figure out a way that the father could have done so in such a short time span. He drove away impulsively, and was not gone long before police found him, without the precious baby.

Cops traced his steps, searched his cell records, without finding anyone he could have handed her off to. Apparently he was in the woods. :mad:

The more information coming to light just launches my hinky meter further into orbit.

Color me jaded but nothing is making me feel Baby Kate is alive. :cry:

I will continue :praying: I am wrong.

jmho

The more I read, the more heartbreaking this case is to me. If the parents didn't want or were unable to care for this baby, there are countless people who would have gladly adopted her and given her a safe & loving home. The parents had apparently discussed adoption even though the mother says she was against it. I don't know who to believe here.

The timing of all of this is so strange with the father's deployment to Afghanistan upcoming too. I know the odds are against it, but I pray Baby Kate is safe & healthy.

I really want to believe she is still alive, and I struggle trying to come up with possible scenarios where she is being cared for by someone who loves her. But I just cannot figure out a way that the father could have done so in such a short time span. He drove away impulsively, and was not gone long before police found him, without the precious baby.

Cops traced his steps, searched his cell records, without finding anyone he could have handed her off to. Apparently he was in the woods. :mad:

If I understand correctly, the clothes that he had on him were the worn in photos posted on fb the day before she disappeared. If those pics were taken on the day they were posted, then maybe the whole story is phoney. Maybe they sold the baby and concocted this scheme to give the new parents a headstart. Being in jail would keep him from being deployed. Baby turns up and he gets out. It wouldn't keep him from being deployed if she was in jail, so maybe they set this up. Just hoping she is alive.....

Oh Baby Kate this has gone on just too long. Where are you?

KATHERINE PHILLIPS, Age Now: 6 Month(s), Missing: 06/29/2011. Missing From LUDINGTON, MI. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Ludington Police Department (Michigan) 1-231-869-5858.

More...

I guess still no news on baby Kate? So sad, I hope she is found soon.

If I understand correctly, the clothes that he had on him were the worn in photos posted on fb the day before she disappeared. If those pics were taken on the day they were posted, then maybe the whole story is phoney. Maybe they sold the baby and concocted this scheme to give the new parents a headstart. Being in jail would keep him from being deployed. Baby turns up and he gets out. It wouldn't keep him from being deployed if she was in jail, so maybe they set this up. Just hoping she is alive.....

I hope this is the scenario. If so then I hope they are a good family, which is scary too since it was an illegal adoption. But who knows? Maybe they were too old to qualify or something like that. I will hope that this is what happened. I cannot accept that the father just threw his little baby girl in the river that day.

Nancy Grace is covering this right now. They are saying that they found Baby Kate's clothes that she was wearing on the day that the she went missing. They were found on the suspect and they say the mother broke down when they showed them to her.

Nancy Grace is covering this right now. They are saying that they found Baby Kate's clothes that she was wearing on the day that the she went missing. They were found on the suspect and they say the mother broke down when they showed them to her.

NG is covering old news, we knew this stuff a while ago. But i'm glad Kate is still being reported about.

Where are you baby Kate?

I pray to God you're in safe hands.

Nancy covering story tonight. Sean Phillips is the father of Baby Kate. Not sure if that was posted here or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back