Found Deceased MI - Kelly McWhirter 60 (husband Steven Higgins 57, shot himself), foul play suspected, veh of int 2009 dk gry Ford F-150, Flushing, Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did she know about his history I wonder?

I dunno, but thought it was strange that she would be with him after the article in post #3 mentions that “Kelly is a beautiful soul,” Swanson said. She is a recording secretary for the Genesee County Board of Commissioners and is a former secretary of the sheriff’s office."

Working for the sheriff's office she would have surely had contacts that might have been able to help her look into his history. Though it could be that he was on his best behavior with her (until he wasn't) and she didn't suspect anything (until it was too late).

I hope that, by publishing this letter, LE hasn't inadvertently put the writer at risk.

JMO
Do you think her husband had an accomplice? Trying to think how the tipster could be at risk if he's dead? Wouldn't it be a bummer if that tip was from a physic? But the last sentence sounds like a person who actually saw a vehicle.

Do you think her husband had an accomplice? Trying to think how the tipster could be at risk if he's dead? Wouldn't it be a bummer if that tip was from a physic? But the last sentence sounds like a person who actually saw a vehicle.
Psychic, lol. Long day ;)

This article has a copy of the tip - JMO for some reason I think it was written by a female (maybe the way some of the "E"'s look?):

View attachment 457549

interesting switching between small and capital letters throughout and yes, the capital E's will be easy to match to author if necessary

He still wants to speak with the person who left the tip to see whether they can provide any additional information. Swanson said the tipster is not in trouble and investigators just want to see if they can fill in any more gaps.

"Clearly somebody knew something," he said.

Moo...I sure some people have checked out area, since tip is public, even if the police haven't...moo
The tip correctly stated that a wheelbarrow and other features could be found near an area where the dirt was disturbed. Swanson said a Michigan State Police cadaver dog did not locate any human remains, however.

Swanson said investigators no longer believe Higgins dumped McWhirter's body in the Detroit area or in Ohio. They are focusing their search in the Montrose and Prescott areas.

OT but I keep seeing the word "grizzly" used in place of the word "grisly" in articles about crime and it's infuriating.

Also OT but I'm relating, I have a similar feeling seeing "irregardless" (which is NOT a word BTW) used in place of "regardless"...I'd rather see "anyhoo" than IRREGARDLESS....lol KWIM ha.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But regardless, where is Kelly!?!??!?!?!

interesting switching between small and capital letters throughout and yes, the capital E's will be easy to match to author if necessary
If a person has not been required to print in full-block style for reports or forms, where they will get corrected, they will almost always mix upper and lower case letters. I think the writer of the tip can write cursive but either thought it would be difficult to read (messy) or didn't want anyone to recognize their handwriting. They probably never wrote enough while young to develop consistent lifelong writing habits, as many of our parents and grandparents did.

Also OT but I'm relating, I have a similar feeling seeing "irregardless" (which is NOT a word BTW) used in place of "regardless"...I'd rather see "anyhoo" than IRREGARDLESS....lol KWIM ha.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But regardless, where is Kelly!?!??!?!?!
I get annoyed when I see people use lead and plead like it’s past tense. Led and pled. lol

The tip correctly stated that a wheelbarrow and other features could be found near an area where the dirt was disturbed. Swanson said a Michigan State Police cadaver dog did not locate any human remains, however.

Swanson said investigators no longer believe Higgins dumped McWhirter's body in the Detroit area or in Ohio. They are focusing their search in the Montrose and Prescott areas.

I wonder if there'll be evidence that a body had been there, but since moved.

Is the letter the work of a perp, toying with LE? Or someone close to the perp who overheard those details? Drunk confession sort of thing.

Peculiar to say the least.

Jmo

(WWJ) – As deer season begins next week in Michigan, Genesee County Sheriff Chris Swanson is hoping hunters will be able to help in the search for Kelly McWhirter.

Police believe McWhirter, 60, was killed by her husband, 57-year-old Steven Higgins, who fatally shot himself in the head when confronted by police on Oct. 18 at a home in Montrose in the days after her disappearance.

With an investigation that spans from Ohio to Ogemaw County in Northern Michigan, Swanson said investigators have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours, putting together the pieces in an effort to find McWhirter’s body.

In a press conference Wednesday Swanson called on deer hunters across the state, especially in Ogemaw County, near Prescott, where Higgins is believed to have visited not long after the murder...

The body of a Flushing woman missing since Oct. 14 may have been found, officials announced Wednesday.

They said what they believe are the remains of Kelly McWhirter, 60, were located near Ryan and Sharon roads in St. Charles in Saginaw County.

"There is still more work to be done, DNA and dental records," Genesee County Sheriff Christopher Swanson said Wednesday. "We are working hard to confirm that identity."...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom
Back