Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, very conservative area period! He is a hairdresser, gay, and looking for anonymous hookups. It seems like a perfect storm for a hate crime. the fact that there is zero body gives me the most hope! Looking for hookups on Christmas Eve seems like depression could play a role too! I’m thinking that a lot of information is still missing. No one has commented on his frame of mind during the time period? Was he depressed or feeling negative about family encounters this year?
I don't disagree that a hate crime is highly possible.
He was working on 12/24 according to his business page and he posted photos of doing his mom and sister's (IIRC) hair. Hooking up on Christmas Eve doesn't signal depression necessarily, IMO.
But depression is often silent and not visible.

It's such a small community. It's about 1/3 the size of my hometown, and I know a ton of people in my hometown. He went to high school there, too. So he likely knew many people his own age. It seems like it would be unnecessary to use Grindr to find a hookup, relationship, date or whatever. Sure, Flint is nearby. But he said that the person he was meeting is from Swartz Creek. And why no information about where they were supposed to meet? That seems like basic info that a person would tell another person. "I'm meeting him at his house" or "We're going to meet at 7-11 and then take his car."

It's such a small community. It's about 1/3 the size of my hometown, and I know a ton of people in my hometown. He went to high school there, too. So he likely knew many people his own age. It seems like it would be unnecessary to use Grindr to find a hookup, relationship, date or whatever. Sure, Flint is nearby. But he said that the person he was meeting is from Swartz Creek. And why no information about where they were supposed to meet? That seems like basic info that a person would tell another person. "I'm meeting him at his house" or "We're going to meet at 7-11 and then take his car."
Given that the town is small is even more reason to use a dating app when one is gay. I thought I read that he did tell the friend/roommate he was at the Family Dollar but not sure that was in MSM so I'll say MOO.
ETA: Reports say he was meeting a man in Swartz Creek- he could have been "from" anywhere.

What I found was odd was that family actually said he’s always “very good about staying in contact.” Sometime after 6:12 before 6:23 his phone was shut off. Where’s the family dollar surveillance footage?!

That’s just what a friend of his told me but that was early this morning so things may have changed since then. Idk I’m not qualified to speak on that I don’t live there.

I completely agree. However there’s no posts on his social that would indicate that (none that I’ve seen so far, I haven’t looked that extensively) Nothing depressive in fact seems like mostly positive stuff at least on FB. Instagram I’ve only been able to find a business page but I feel sure he must have a personal IG as well...
He's a talented stylist, I'd def book with him if I lived in the area.
Hair by Kevin Bacon

Okay, very conservative area period! He is a hairdresser, gay, and looking for anonymous hookups. It seems like a perfect storm for a hate crime. the fact that there is zero body gives me the most hope! Looking for hookups on Christmas Eve seems like depression could play a role too! I’m thinking that a lot of information is still missing. No one has commented on his frame of mind during the time period? Was he depressed or feeling negative about family encounters this year?

You’re definitely right about the level of risk he might support. I’m not sure if this would be part of some plan. He loved his mom and I hope he wouldn’t put her through this!
respectfully snipped

You may want to be careful about releasing PHI or violating HIPAA.

I haven't read much about his sexuality. But, if it's true that he's gay, I wonder how long he's been out and how well accepted it was amongst his family members.

respectfully snipped

I think HIPAA applies to medical providers. I get the impression that Warren was also a patient. But there may be some concerns about forum rules that Warren might want to be aware of.

I hope people have checked into Uber and Lyft drivers.

Wonder what made him say the date was going to be “fun”? Sounds like he was being led on by his hookup via the dating app message, perhaps sexually flirting? IMO he was lured into a hate crime or sex gone wrong, the hookup erased his messages and parked the car with his belongings to stage it. MOO

I think HIPAA applies to medical providers. I get the impression that Warren was also a patient. But there may be some concerns about forum rules that Warren might want to be aware of.

I hope people have checked into Uber and Lyft drivers.
Thanks, good point. My impression was as a staff member and as a mental health professional, I'm quite sensitive to PHI.

Per WS rules, it is important that any information stated as fact be supported with a mainstream media article, public records, etc. Otherwise, clarify it is opinion. :)

Wow, I’m worried about this one.
If it’s true that Kevin’s messages (on dating apps) had been deleted, this could have been done by anyone with access to Kevin’s account, not just Kevin himself. I’m sure it’s not hard to get info like a password out of someone if you’ve kidnapped them.

Additionally, seeing this newer post of a person who has claimed to have met Kevin, he seems to struggle with some mental health issues. Very interested in this, hoping this was not an incident of self harm in some way.

respectfully snipped

He was totally out with both his family and friends. What I know about him is what I witnessed as a patient with him. A very nice guy who is not in the closet. If you’ve ever suffered from depression serious enough to kill you; you’d know there is zero use pretending to be straight with men who contact you on Grindr! I’m not real sure that a judge would find my comments rise to the level of defamation.

Wonder what made him say the date was going to be “fun”? Sounds like he was being led on by his hookup via the dating app message, perhaps sexually flirting? IMO he was lured into a hate crime or sex gone wrong, the hookup erased his messages and parked the car with his belongings to stage it. MOO

It's tough to imagine what kind of date on Christmas Eve would be "fun." I wonder if there was some sort of activity involved. Like going to a Christmas party or shopping for gifts.

To another point -
some posters are speculating possibility of a hate crime, and while, sadly, that’s definitely possible, I think it’s rather unlikely. If Kevin was able to connect with someone in his town on Grindr, it’s likely the town/area has a gay scene. You have to be within pretty close proximity to match with someone on Tinder, I believe. The fact that Kevin even had and used the app indicates to me that there are other gay men in and around this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilC