GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is the woman in the ballcap at 1:35 in this video Quanita, the sister in jail right now?

I tell you what, SHE looks like the cat that ate the canary! Who, what, what, me? kind of look on her face. I never just look at someone's expression and say that's it, guilty, but look at her. Like a ghost just walked past.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...nd-dead-in-burned-detroit-house-20110726-wpms

Here is a video of her talking:

http://www.freep.com/article/201107...-house-slain-by-asphyxiation?odyssey=nav|head

She starts at mark 1:01. (talking about KS being on pain meds and sleeping hard)

She speaks again at mark 1:55. (talking about how she feels Mariha is still alive)

O/T: this family reminds me of my ex-hubby's family. he was 1 of 9 kids, his father 1 of 13, grandfather was 1 of 18. can't tell you how many times my poor daughter's would meet someone at school and start dating them. they'd go to a family reunion and find out the guy was related. lol

I don't know if this is related. Someone told me this house is about 3 miles from the missing child's home.

Detroit police say the body of a young child was found after a house fire on the city's west site.

Police tell The Detroit News the body was found about 8 a.m. Sunday. They say they don't yet know the age or sex of the child and are awaiting the results of an autopsy.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-fire-deadchild,0,1961541.story

Address of this house:

The blaze began in a in a residence in the 2900 block of Waverly near Davison and Linwood Streets on the city's west side around 7:57 a.m.

http://detnews.com/article/20110724...d-in-burned-out-home-in-Detroit#ixzz1T4Z9LTbc

ETA: I'm getting 1.2 miles, but I'm no good with maps. Could someone double check this please?

Waverly St, Detroit, MI to 3827 Burlingame St, Detroit, MI 48206 - Google Maps

This is accurate. I have family that lives very close to where the body was found. We have been paying very close attention to this.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28654852/index.html

And yet anther version of the story....:banghead:

This must have been one of the first hours of Monday

I'm a bit surprised that this women pass a LDT. In this video there is no mention of a party going on that night at all. She claims she was sitting on the couch watching tv and all of a sudden noticed that it was 3 am and she must have fell asleep. Then in other videos she states that there was a party going on and she was drunk and passed out. :waitasec:

We live in a Flint suburb just an hour's drive from where this girl disappeared. We drive through that area often. I don't know why the city of Detroit (and Flint too) doesn't demolish all these old, empty, unfit to live in houses so they can't be used as crack houses, places to commit crime, etc. Every night there are arsons where some of these old houses are set on fire. Some of the houses are used for dog fighting. The old houses give criminals a place to hide. If they were all demolished, I believe it would reduce crime a lot. Flint has been named the nation's most violent and dangerous city and Detroit is close behind. Police don't even come out for calls of shots fired unless someone is hit. Shots are being fired all the time at night! At times like the 4th of July, shots are fired just to celebrate. Each night on the police scanner, there are calls of crowds of people fighting in the streets. Why in the world do these people even need to be out roaming the streets in the middle of the night? We don't go into either Detroit or Flint at night if we can help it. And in the daytime, there are areas of both cities that we avoid. I really believe the girl burned in the house is Mariha. But its puzzling why someone took her and then quickly killed her and disposed of her. It sounds like someone wanted to get revenge for something. I don't think a random stranger did this.
I think there is a lot more to this story than what we've heard so far. People who know something in Detroit are likely not to tell police because people who talk are likely to be shot and killed. Its safer to keep quiet. I hope the DNA results will come back soon.

Detroit is a world unto itself. It is a city destroyed, a place of abandoned, burned out houses, no jobs, but plenty of drugs, and despair.

That said, white culture and black culture are not the same at all. There are many reasons for this, I know because I live in a mixed neighborhood and we talk, but if I said more I'd get a TO. Truth is sometimes not a welcome thing, and I find that sad. My black neighbors and I talk about eveything, and there IS a big difference in the way people go about things, although Detroit is a mystery to some of my black friends.

I could say more, but I like it here.

Just went back and read all interviews and media articles and watched all video interviews

I have concluded: as many Aunts, Uncles, Cousin and Media there are

Is as many different stories there are.!!!:banghead: (I know poor Grammer)

Everyone has a different story some by just a little bit and some by Allot! :waitasec:

Detroit is a world unto itself. It is a city destroyed, a place of abandoned, burned out houses, no jobs, but plenty of drugs, and despair.

That said, white culture and black culture are not the same at all. There are many reasons for this, I know because I live in a mixed neighborhood and we talk, but if I said more I'd get a TO. Truth is sometimes not a welcome thing, and I find that sad. My black neighbors and I talk about eveything, and there IS a big difference in the way people go about things, although Detroit is a mystery to some of my black friends.

I could say more, but I like it here.

I concur. I grew up in Detroit but settled in the northern 'burbs after college. DH worked in the city until just a few years ago. We do go downtown for cultural/sports events, and there are some fine downtown eateries. Other than that, most areas of Detroit aren't safe. There are enormous cultural differences among the races and other ethnic groups that live in the city. It's a different lifestyle that many don't understand. Sadly, the Detroit where I lived most of my young years is long gone and will likely never return :(

Skull damage was also found, but officials say that is often the case with bodies that have been found after a fire.

Sorry, this might be a dumb question, but why is that often the case?

My guess is because most of the brain is water and it kinda dehydrates or something...... and the skull then caves in on itsself.

If the heat gets intense enough, the skull reacts by shattering... I've read stuff on cremation, and they often mention the skull exploding/shattering during the cremating burn process.

I've finally got caught up reading through the pages of this thread. Heartbreaking that another innocent child has lost their life. Sometimes the world feels like a cold, cruel, mean place... And this definitely is one of those moments.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth
Back