GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But the report also said the family was scrambling to bail QS out. Would they do so if they thought she had something to do with lil Mariha's murder?

I admit, the way things have gone in some past cases you never know anymore. Apparently Drew peterson is possibly about to walk away without a trial and we know what happened in Orlando. I am about to give up hope of justice in any of these tragic cases.

I would probably bail my sister out if I thought she hurt my child.

Forget about jail, police interrogations or even water boarding.

She would tell ME what happened to my child in about 5 minutes. :twocents:

I just don't understand why anyone would kill a child over a drug deal or as revenge; steal one, sell one, at least there is something in it for them, I guess. But why kill them? :( I think she was already dead...

A new article is posted at 10:03 on the WXYZ.com website. That is local 7 news I cannot post the link as I have it in an app on my phone and it doesn't give a link addy to copy & paste.

Iirc the third paragraph down states they are looking for a third person.

It is a good article and lays it out as clearly a I've heard recently.

Edit: sorry it stars 3rd person being looked for right in the first paragraph.

I came on here hoping that little Mariha was found alive....

DNA test expected soon to determine if body is missing 5-year-old

As of late Wednesday, the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office had no knowledge of any arrests in the case.

The results of the DNA test are expected soon,
Wayne County spokesman Dennis Niemiec said, but those results will first go to Detroit police — not the medical examiner — because the department is paying for the test.

http://detnews.com/article/20110728...e-if-body-is-missing-5-year-old#ixzz1TNK8FGQr

The WXYZ-TV article says they could get the DNA results as early as today. If QS gets out on bond I have a feeling she run.

It says a lot that we don't hear anything about massive searches for Mariha. i think the police have an idea what happened and/or who was involved.

Is the third person they are looking for her KS's boyfriend? He seems to have been MIA the whole time. I bet Mariha's little sibling knew that person and told his name.

I really hope we get some news today.

7 kids in the house that night/early morning. Hopefully, the remaining 6 have been removed and placed somewhere safe.

:lol: I sent an email to Dr. Arpad Vass, of the Body Farm… Yesterday,

Asking him if a skull would be “crushed “if a body was only burned, for approx. 20 minutes?

He sent me back a response that said,

“Why do you want to know?” with the cutest little crazy looking smiley…:silly: :laughcry:
:giggle::great:

ETA: in case someone doesn't know Dr. Arpad Vass, is the cute, Adorable, NON-chemist from Caylee Anthony Case.

Asking him if a skull would be “crushed “if a body was only burned, for approx. 20 minutes?

“Why do you want to know?” with the cutest little crazy looking smiley…:silly: :laughcry:

ETA: in case someone doesn't know Dr. Arpad Vass, is the cute, Adorable, NON-chemist from Casey Case.

I am jealous! I guess I'm a Vass fangirl. :crazy: (What a nerd I am!)

I am jealous! I guess I'm a Vass fangirl. :crazy: (What a nerd I am!)

So am I... I have joined all his fan pages and have been trying to get the Sheriff department I work with to use him solely on cases, so I can meet him someday...

Not really sure he is answering my emails but it is his address.
But I sent him a copy of my badge so he didn't think I was a nut...:lol:

The second email says,

***WARNING GRAPHIC****
A Body has to burn for over an hour before the skull even begins to cracks than another 5 hours before it explodes. However children under the age of 9 it will not crack or explode in most cases...

:waitasec:

My Thoughts: So, if her head was Crushed I think some one did that...

So am I... I have joined all his fan pages and have been trying to get the Sheriff department I work with to use him solely on cases, so I can meet him someday...

Not really sure he is answering my emails but it is his address.
But I sent him a copy of my badge so he didn't think I was a nut...:lol:
The second email says,

***WARNING GRAPHIC****
A Body has to burn for over an hour before the skull even begins to cracks than another 5 hours before it explodes. However children under the age of 9 it will not crack or explode in most cases...

:waitasec:

My Thoughts: So, if her head was Crushed I think some one did that...

Hm, that's interesting. To me "explode" and "crushed" are totally different, so I would agree with you.

Baby Girl, Mariha, :cry:

NO one has forgotten you,

we are all waiting for the DNA to come back...

You are in all of our Prayers...

candle914.gif

Baby Girl, Mariha, :cry:

NO one has forgotten you,

we are all waiting for the DNA to come back...

You are in all of our Prayers...

View attachment 18017

The waiting is so hard. I cannot imagine what this feels like for a missing person's family and friends.

In one of the other cases that I'm following (Lauren Giddings, Macon, GA), a user posted a booklet about the FBI DNA testing backlog. (I've attached the report for those who are interested.) I wonder if this same problem can be found across the country, in smaller labs. I hope not!

Attachments

• FBI DNA Backlog.pdf
    992.6 KB · Views: 10

ETA: in case someone doesn't know Dr. Arpad Vass, is the cute, Adorable, NON-chemist from Caylee Anthony Case.

Oh I loves him!

Perhaps something very heavy fell on the child's head as the house burned causing the crushed skull? Just a thought. The thought of this child being burned alive is horrifying. I hope we have some answers soon. Trying to keep up with who's who in the family is a real challenge. Prayers for this child and her family.

Oh my God I LOVE him!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps something very heavy fell on the child's head as the house burned causing the crushed skull? Just a thought. The thought of this child being burned alive is horrifying. I hope we have some answers soon. Trying to keep up with who's who in the family is a real challenge. Prayers for this child and her family.

The articles say she was deceased prior to her body being burned IIRC.

ETA:

"The Medical Examiner's Office completed the autopsy this morning and ruled the cause of death as asphyxia," county spokesman Dennis Niemiec said Monday, calling the crime a homicide. "The medical examiner determined the little girl died before the fire."

Article also has this:

The child, a 5- to 7-year-old female, had her skull crushed, but it's unclear if that happened before or after the fire, according to an autopsy by the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office.

http://detnews.com/article/20110726...rred-body-is-missing-5-year-old#ixzz1TQ5Evz52

I guess after death, and after being burned, a beam from the roof or something like that could have fallen on her little skull. Poor baby. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back