MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T but after looking at this recent sex offender's picture, I just had a thought. Not specifically about this guy, but about any of them. Why would you smile for your sex offender picture? "Smile and say 'rapist' on 3!" Seriously?! :rolleyes:

It seems like LE would have checked ALL the RSO's in the area. I think they'd notice if one lived in Nevaeh's building.

They wouldn't have come across this guy in a search for RSO's in the area because he's not registered in that area. He's registered in Haslett which is in the middle of the state. It says his last verification date was in mid-April, which leads me to believe he still lives in Haslett. It's definitely not the same guy, IMO.

That does appear to be him, Mom, although the ears look different. If it is him, he hasn't updated his address in the SO list. That's a big no-no.

EDIT: The ages are off by 5 years.

if is not the same guy, they are brothers.

O/T but after looking at this recent sex offender's picture, I just had a thought. Not specifically about this guy, but about any of them. Why would you smile for your sex offender picture? "Smile and say 'rapist' on 3!" Seriously?! :rolleyes:

LOL...I wondered the same thing. This guy specifically looks so darn happy. He initially registered in 1996. I wonder how recent that photo is.

It seems like LE would have checked ALL the RSO's in the area. I think they'd notice if one lived in Nevaeh's building.
He's also a witness provding a statement crucial to establishing a timeline and last sighting. I would HOPE they would take five minutes to check him out. Another reason I don't think it's the same guy, the RSO was just verified in April, and his address is different. But sometimes ya gotta go with your gut. If MT's wrong, so be it. No harm, no foul.

Yes you did see it. It looks to me (and I could be wrong) like an old trestle bridge (the kind that trains would use run over the river). With no sides.

Blog with a better picture and the blogger says it was taken near the site where Nevaeh was found.

http://www.blogsmonroe.com/expatriate/2009/06/nevaeh-case-and-the-river-raisin

From what I could determine from the blog (which is well written) is that the bridge is the Ida-Maybee bridge.

ETA: Sorry for all the typo's the poor grammar and syntax, I'm tired tonight and heading to bed soon.

When I first noticed it - and thought it was a bridge - I thought, now he really is a numb-%#$@ isn't he with a bridge right over there! (hoping someone may have seen something...) Course than I realized I better have someone else confirm it before I got too carried away . . .:blushing:

I am not caught up yet.. only on pg 2 of thread 5. But I have been mining the internet for this Savannah Grey.

I tried Us search.com. Did all sorts of searches. The one that keeps popping up is a "Stacie Grey". Somehow her background info is linked to the term "savannah". Could just be a location or a relative. Does not give age or alias info. Probably a dud. I did a facebook/myspace search, no luck of possiblities. US search is usually good at pegging an alias. I even searched for all "S gray" and S grey" in Michigan state. Nothing resembling a savannah (or any alternate spellings). I don't think this is her real name, or the press got it wrong. I am finding samantha greys tho.

Are there numerous pressers that cite the name repeatedly? Just curious.

Kat, if Mr. Easter wasn't involved, what the heck were those receipts for? I know the stores but what's up with that?

I agree, and why burn them, They were tips called in and LE did their job,
I am puzzle that LE didn't keep the receipts, maybe they took copies.
the point is the guys sound little cocky running around in speedo and sitting in a kiddie pool. MR.Easter had a friend that lived in the apartment. I think I read somewhere that he parked right next to the scooter.
Sorry, he sound like POI. LE does not need to apology for doing their job.JMO

Does anyone else recall reading that two people who provided GK's alibi were given polygraphs? I wonder if Savannah was one of them. Also, I recall reading one report saying that GK's alibi covered the time between 4 and 7 pm. I really don't want to go searching for links....anyone?

Is this the "alibi" (ie receipt) placing him at a gas station, er that's reassuring...
I wonder how confident LE is that a boat (canoe) was not used?

I'm very curious about the fact that there is not only parking near the bridge but there is also the canoe launch. Makes more sense to use that instead of schlepping down a steep bank with a 90 lb bag of concrete over your shoulder. Just thinking out loud.

(bbm) W a 90# bag of cement and don't forget a child in tow as well (either still alive or more likely deceased) Even from the bridge, forget about it. BOAT definitely... much more secluded. Can someone please point me to specifically where launch is located?

:parrot:

I am not caught up yet.. only on pg 2 of thread 5. But I have been mining the internet for this Savannah Grey.

I tried Us search.com. Did all sorts of searches. The one that keeps popping up is a "Stacie Grey". Somehow her background info is linked to the term "savannah". Could just be a location or a relative. Does not give age or alias info. Probably a dud. I did a facebook/myspace search, no luck of possiblities. US search is usually good at pegging an alias. I even searched for all "S gray" and S grey" in Michigan state. Nothing resembling a savannah (or any alternate spellings). I don't think this is her real name, or the press got it wrong. I am finding samantha greys tho.

The press calls her "Savannah Gray" in more than one article, and George is quoted as calling her "Savannah" in an article which I just happen to have open on a tab:
'I figured maybe she was back there playing. Savannah went one way and I went another way,' said Kennedy,"
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090604/NEWS02/906040366/0/SPORTS04

I noticed that too when I was looking for info on her - matter of fact, at one point I got so confused I started referring to her as "Samantha" instead of "Savannah" - at that point I knew I had to back away. In all the pressers that I have read, her name is "Savannah."

Apparently it wasn't George who did the visiting. He dropped Roy off and Roy visited while George went to his motel and to get gas. Then George picked Roy up. That's why there's two trips to the inmate dorm.

Do they know which Taco Bell he went to? BA DUM BUM! Ptsch!! I'm here all week folks!!

I wonder how confident LE is that a boat (canoe) was not used?

I'm very curious about the fact that there is not only parking near the bridge but there is also the canoe launch. Makes more sense to use that instead of schlepping down a steep bank with a 90 lb bag of concrete over your shoulder. Just thinking out loud.

IMO, it's almost impossible to stand in a canoe without tipping the canoe. Hoisting a body would out of the question.

Why would a child tell the police on the night Neveah went missing that Daddy George took Neveah into the woods and stabbed her in the tummy? Not just one child said this, two said it. Is this something they heard from their parents, I mean did they just make that up?

I think JB is lying about the time that she "found out" that Naveah was missing. 2 hours may as well be 2 days, IMHO. So what the heck was going on for those 2 hours?

6:15 - 8:15 - missing
7:15 - GK give a friend a ride to a facility, goes to a gas station, the motel, who knows what else, returns to the inmate facility to pick up the friend, takes him home and is back at SG's by 8:00pm. Whew! I am dizzy thinking of all that driving around in 45 minutes trying to get all that done in that time.
8:00 or so, JB calls him.
Then calls 911 at 8:15.

Now how convenient is that time frame?

What are the chances that someone would do all of that running around like a lunatic at the same exact time his gf's kid is gone. AND be home in time for the phone call. And be the only time that SG is not with him. And has a fishing story. And cement.

"I didn't take her and I definately didn't kill her." She had not yet been found.

Not exact quotes 'I am already going back to prison because of parole violations but I was lonely'.
"....shouldn't have to bury myself under a rock."

I don't regret knowing Neveah or her mother or her grandmother, even though I am going back to prison for being around her. (sob)

He is 39 years old and his GF's are what 15 years younger than he?

He is a con. That is all. A con.

I agree, and why burn them, They were tips called in and LE did their job,
I am puzzle that LE didn't keep the receipts, maybe they took copies.
the point is the guys sound little cocky running around in speedo and sitting in a kiddie pool. MR.Easter had a friend that lived in the apartment. I think I read somewhere that he parked right next to the scooter.
Sorry, he sound like POI. LE does not need to apology for doing their job.JMO

The story of Mr. Easter in a speedo has not been verified. I believe it came from the same place this story did, which is totally false:

My cousin lives right next store to the Easter man and said he is SOOO weird! She also said that she believes that they found bones in his burn pit. That they took several bags of evidence out of his burn pit. Then they pretty much cleared out his house. Took his computer, a ton of *advertiser censored* pictures of kids, and several other things. Also said his girlfriend who lives around the corner is also a registered sex offender!

He's also a witness provding a statement crucial to establishing a timeline and last sighting. I would HOPE they would take five minutes to check him out. Another reason I don't think it's the same guy, the RSO was just verified in April, and his address is different. But sometimes ya gotta go with your gut. If MT's wrong, so be it. No harm, no foul.

I've been wrong before and I'm absolutely positive I will be wrong again in the future. The RSO guy is obviously heavier, has no tattoo, and has head shaved.

The neighbor guy could have gotten the tattoo rather recently and let his hair grow out or...I could just be flat wrong and it's two separate men.

Do they know which Taco Bell he went to? BA DUM BUM! Ptsch!! I'm here all week folks!!

IMO, it's almost impossible to stand in a canoe without tipping the canoe. Hoisting a body would out of the question.

Here all week, huh? Thanks for the warning.

LE seems to think that the perp did not use a boat. Maybe the cement bag was leaking and there's a trail of cement dust leading down the hill? I can't imagine someone who is trying not to draw attention to themselves parking at a boat launch at night and unloading a canoe. They would definitely be stopped if seen by LE. Boating at night without proper lights is a big time no-no.

Not an insult whatsoever toward LE but I would not simply assume that they've checked someone out - they're human and they make mistakes too and they don't view it as a bother to get those types of tips or information, it's the callers that tell them to look for a german shepard that pees by a tree. Oh yeah and water . . .:crazy: :cop: :nono:

Why would a child tell the police on the night Neveah went missing that Daddy George took Neveah into the woods and stabbed her in the tummy? Not just one child said this, two said it. Is this something they heard from their parents, I mean did they just make that up?

I think JB is lying about the time that she "found out" that Naveah was missing. 2 hours may as well be 2 days, IMHO. So what the heck was going on for those 2 hours?

6:15 - 8:15 - missing
7:15 - GK give a friend a ride to a facility, goes to a gas station, the motel, who knows what else, returns to the inmate facility to pick up the friend, takes him home and is back at SG's by 8:00pm. Whew! I am dizzy thinking of all that driving around in 45 minutes trying to get all that done in that time.
8:00 or so, JB calls him.
Then calls 911 at 8:15.

Now how convenient is that time frame?

What are the chances that someone would do all of that running around like a lunatic at the same exact time his gf's kid is gone. AND be home in time for the phone call. And be the only time that SG is not with him. And has a fishing story. And cement.

"I didn't take her and I definately didn't kill her." She had not yet been found.

Not exact quotes 'I am already going back to prison because of parole violations but I was lonely'.
"....shouldn't have to bury myself under a rock."

I don't regret knowing Neveah or her mother or her grandmother, even though I am going back to prison for being around her. (sob)

He is 39 years old and his GF's are what 15 years younger than he?

He is a con. That is all. A con.

(bbm) This has been bothering me too... given Nevaeh reportedly was found w no visible signs of outward trauma, it makes these graphic accounts--by not one but two young children neither of whom had reason to fabricate anything--highly suspicious, and subject to more than one interpretation.

Good Lord this has been bothering me too... and given Nevaeh reportedly was found w no visible signs of outward trauma, it makes these gruesome accounts--by not one but two children neither of which had reason to fabricate such a thing--highly suspicious, subject to various interpretations.

I believe only one child said that daddy George stabbed Navaeh. Originally both children said they didn't see anything. If a child truly did see another child get stabbed I think they'd have gone running to their parents immediately. Neither child did that.

I don't think it's odd that George said he definitely didn't kill Nevaeh prior to her body being found. Isn't that what everyone was thinking? He'd already heard about the child saying he'd stabbed her. I'm sure the police grilled him about it repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet