MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Savannah Grays that I found in MI were 69 and 88 yrs old.

I checked a couple sites, no Savannah Gray in Monroe MI.

Are we sure this isn't like a stripper name?

I am not caught up yet.. only on pg 2 of thread 5. But I have been mining the internet for this Savannah Grey.

I tried Us search.com. Did all sorts of searches. The one that keeps popping up is a "Stacie Grey". Somehow her background info is linked to the term "savannah". Could just be a location or a relative. Does not give age or alias info. Probably a dud. I did a facebook/myspace search, no luck of possiblities. US search is usually good at pegging an alias. I even searched for all "S gray" and S grey" in Michigan state. Nothing resembling a savannah (or any alternate spellings). I don't think this is her real name, or the press got it wrong. I am finding samantha greys tho.

Are there numerous pressers that cite the name repeatedly? Just curious.

Found a Savannah E. Gray on veromi.com in Detroit.

I just rewatched JVM and the father of Nevaeh's little friend Austin...something's just not sitting well with me where this guy is concerned. Nevaeh ate with this family hours before she went missing, she was at their home often according to the father of Austin, she was Austin's best friend. Why did Nevaeh need to change her cloths after she left this man's house? WHY? and where are those cloths. I sure would like to know where this man was that evening.

Excellent point! I would hope LE questioned this guy, checked him out..

Why would a child tell the police on the night Neveah went missing that Daddy George took Neveah into the woods and stabbed her in the tummy? Not just one child said this, two said it. Is this something they heard from their parents, I mean did they just make that up?

I think JB is lying about the time that she "found out" that Naveah was missing. 2 hours may as well be 2 days, IMHO. So what the heck was going on for those 2 hours?

6:15 - 8:15 - missing
7:15 - GK give a friend a ride to a facility, goes to a gas station, the motel, who knows what else, returns to the inmate facility to pick up the friend, takes him home and is back at SG's by 8:00pm. Whew! I am dizzy thinking of all that driving around in 45 minutes trying to get all that done in that time.
8:00 or so, JB calls him.

Now how convenient is that time frame?

What are the chances that someone would do all of that running around like a lunatic at the same exact time his gf's kid is gone. AND be home in time for the phone call. And be the only time that SG is not with him. And has a fishing story. And cement.

"I didn't take her and I definately didn't kill her." She had not yet been found.

Not exact quotes 'I am already going back to prison because of parole violations but I was lonely'.
"....shouldn't have to bury myself under a rock."

I don't regret knowing Neveah or her mother or her grandmother, even though I am going back to prison for being around her. (sob)

He is 39 years old and his GF's are what 15 years younger than he?

He is a con. That is all. A con.
One child said she went into the woods to meet "Daddy George". The younger one made the statement about seeing a man stab her in the stomach. When questioned further, the little fella couldn't repeat his story. Here's one link. There's a more detailed report somewhere else, but I can't find the link right now.
http://www.wtol.com/global/story.asp?s=10434386

Aside from SG's statement that he returned to her house at 8pm, where he was when JB called him. He could've been anywhere. I'd bet dollars to donuts if a woman is willing to pay his rent, she's also providing him with a cell phone.

But, yeah, something is most definitely rotten in Denmark.

I believe only one child said that daddy George stabbed Navaeh. Originally both children said they didn't see anything. If a child truly did see another child get stabbed I think they'd have gone running to their parents immediately. Neither child did that.

I don't think it's odd that George said he definitely didn't kill Nevaeh prior to her body being found. Isn't that what everyone was thinking? I'm sure the police grilled him about it repeatedly.

(bbm) In response to the portion of DotsEyes' post bbm, I emphasized that there is more than one possible interpretation of what the child/ren may have witnessed--which could also explain why children could be confused or not necessarily know how to verbalize or report what they saw. It seems we have yet another inconsistency in what's being reported, ie about each child's respective version.

That was the only portion of her post to which I was reponding. However, now that you've further addressed the topic, I tend to agree w DotsEyes. Methinks his responses were jumping the gun just a bit.

:parrot:

(bbm) In response to the portion of DotsEyes' post bbm, I emphasized that there is more than one possible interpretation of what the child/ren may have witnessed--which could also explain why children could be confused or not necessarily know how to verbalize or report what they saw. It seems we have yet another inconsistency in what's being reported, ie about each child's respective version.

That was the only portion of her post to which I was reponding. However, now that you've further addressed the topic, I tend to agree w DotsEyes. Methinks his responses were jumping the gun just a bit.

my bold

How do we know that he wasn't responding to a direct question but to him by the reporter?

Found a Savannah E. Gray on veromi.com in Detroit.

I checked everything I could think of. I ck'd alternate spellings of Gray. Like Gray, Greigh, Graye, Grae, etc, for the whole state of MI. Even excluding the first name. Nothing obvious.

Her name must be an alias. No surprise there when you're running around with parolee sex offenders.

Does anyone have the link that says Savannah has 2 kids and is a daycare provider??? Saw this in a very early post on this thread. She should be registered if she is a daycare provider, unless she is using the term loosely.

She looks young. She also looks like a meth freak to me. Watch her mouth in the video.. the sucking in of the lips like the meth freaks do.

I think the only purpose this group has is to get high. Kids mean nothing. It's all about the next high. I am worried that Nevaeh was traded for drugs. What a very sad waste of life.

One child said she went into the woods to meet "Daddy George". The younger one made the statement about seeing a man stab her in the stomach. When questioned further, the little fella couldn't repeat his story. Here's one link. There's a more detailed report somewhere else, but I can't find the link right now.

Aside from SG's statement that he returned to her house at 8pm, where he was when JB called him. He could've been anywhere. I'd bet dollars to donuts if a woman is willing to pay his rent, she's also providing him with a cell phone.

But, yeah, something is most definitely rotten in Denmark.

Where does this version fit in?

George Kennedy, 39, who is being held on a parole violation, said he was fishing with another woman when Nevaeh’s mother called him distraught, according to the Toledo Blade.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090604/NEWS05/90604026/Sex+offender++I+didn+t+kill+Nevaeh

I checked everything I could think of. I ck'd alternate spellings of Gray. Like Gray, Greigh, Graye, Grae, etc, for the whole state of MI. Even excluding the first name. Nothing obvious.

Her name must be an alias. No surprise there when you're running around with parolee sex offenders.

Does anyone have the link that says Savannah has 2 kids and is a daycare provider??? Saw this in a very early post on this thread. She should be registered if she is a daycare provider, unless she is using the term loosely.

She looks young. She also looks like a meth freak to me. Watch her mouth in the video.. the sucking in of the lips like the meth freaks do.

I think the only purpose this group has is to get high. Kids mean nothing. It's all about the next high. I am worried that Nevaeh was traded for drugs. What a very sad waste of life.

If she doesn't have her own home or land line telephone and doesn't do myspace or any of the networking sites you won't find her online. My kids didn't show up in any of the search engines until they moved out.

Tonya, the girl with the crush that pays his rent, is the daycare provider as far as I know.

Two children, a boy and a girl, believed to be playing with Nevaeh on Sunday were questioned. Below are just a couple details of that interview.
According to details in the search warrant, the girl reported seeing Neveah go into the woods to meet "Daddy George."
The boy said Nevaeh was kidnapped by a "bad man" and that the bad man stabbed her in the stomach. A forensic interviewer said the boy was unable to convey that he actually witnessed the events. It is possible this could be due to trauma.

All reports regarding the childrens' statements are the same. No inconsistencies there. Kids are highly suggestible following trauma, and it's possible they were fed ideas from conversations they overheard among adults and older children. That is not to say they should be ignored.

I admit I haven't been following this case, but I would like to comment on the statement by LE that no obvious trauma was found. This does remind me of Sandra C. ie, drugs were involved?
moo.

New article, I just started reading it but it could possibly provide some time line answers?

http://www.freep.com/article/200906...nifer+Buchanan+denies+killing+daughter+Nevaeh

In the story Buchanan tells, 5-year-old Nevaeh walked barefoot across the old brown carpet, worn and stained, and headed for the front door.

"Mom, I'm going upstairs to Austin's house to play a game," Buchanan remembers her daughter saying.

It was about 6:30 p.m. on May 24, the day before Memorial Day. Nevaeh walked out, the door shut and that was the last time Buchanan says she saw her daughter.

"I trusted her enough for her to actually go," Buchanan told the Free Press last week in a 2 1/2 -hour interview, discussing everything from her relationship with two sex offenders to how it feels to be suspected in her child's disappearance.

Also:

Nevaeh had just had an accident and changed her clothes.

my bold

How do we know that he wasn't responding to a direct question but to him by the reporter?

Could be. I wasn't there. Nor did I bring this up lol. First DotsEyes, and then you :) but since you persist in pressing the topic, I don't think I've ever gotten a warm fuzzy feeling when any person's gone missing--and someone starts referring to them prematurely in the past tense, or as if they have knowledge they're already deceased. FWIW I'm also generally apt to view things in the overall context of everything we've learned about an individual.

Ok, I have looked at the videos showing the steep hill going straight down to the river and the reporters wondering how someone could lug a body and a 90 lb. bag of concrete down the embankment. Well, if I was going to have to transport the bag of concrete, I would just push it over the embankment and let it slide to the bottom. There appears from the video, no trees, or bushes between the road right of way and the bottom of the hill up to the river bank. Just a pathway, cleared from brush. The concrete bags are really tough and could easily stand the short slide from the roadside to the river bank. Regarding the body. As bad as this sounds, if the body was too heavy, you could also put it on the ground and push it with your foot down the hill. Believe me, the would not worry about "hurting" the little girl. To me, there isn't any mystery as to how the body and the bag of concrete made it down the hill. With a bad back, being only 5'3" I am always having to find alternate means to get something heavy to the place I want it to be. This is what I would have done to get both down this hill.

I worked in mining..am a 5'7" woman...90 pounds was managable..and what about a tarp or dropcloth?

Body and cement could be moved downhill easily in a tarp.

Here all week, huh? Thanks for the warning.

LE seems to think that the perp did not use a boat. Maybe the cement bag was leaking and there's a trail of cement dust leading down the hill? I can't imagine someone who is trying not to draw attention to themselves parking at a boat launch at night and unloading a canoe. They would definitely be stopped if seen by LE. Boating at night without proper lights is a big time no-no.

nana.gif

New article, I just started reading it but it could possibly provide some time line answers?

http://www.freep.com/article/200906...nifer+Buchanan+denies+killing+daughter+Nevaeh

In the story Buchanan tells, 5-year-old Nevaeh walked barefoot across the old brown carpet, worn and stained, and headed for the front door.

"Mom, I'm going upstairs to Austin's house to play a game," Buchanan remembers her daughter saying.

It was about 6:30 p.m. on May 24, the day before Memorial Day. Nevaeh walked out, the door shut and that was the last time Buchanan says she saw her daughter.

"I trusted her enough for her to actually go," Buchanan told the Free Press last week in a 2 1/2 -hour interview, discussing everything from her relationship with two sex offenders to how it feels to be suspected in her child's disappearance.

Also:

Nevaeh had just had an accident and changed her clothes.

Thanks, Chilly. It does clear up some of the timeline. It also answers Momtective's concerns about the change of clothes.

I found this disturbing:
She had known Kennedy a couple of years. "If George wanted to do that, he would have done it a little sooner," she said. "That's the way I feel. But I could be wrong."

That woman says the oddest inappropriate things about her daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet