MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I haven't been following this case, but I would like to comment on the statement by LE that no obvious trauma was found. This does remind me of Sandra C. ie, drugs were involved?
moo.

You are so right yosande, that may very well turn out to be true. Honestly I hadn't even considered that possibility, I was thinking of strangling/apphyxiation. Jeez, if the ME's report states that when it's concluded, that changes everything for me in terms of "mommy" being involved - whether directly or indirectly (having knowledge of and letting someone administer drugs so that she wouldn't recall being victimized and more than likely being photographed/video - taped. You know I'd really like to know if it's true that LE took kiddie *advertiser censored* out of Easter's home because if true, I think we all can figure out what he was burning when he got home from the police department. :banghead:
JMOO

Hi Sailor,

Is your 7 year old a boy? My son will wear the same thing over and over (dirty or not). Something about boys - they don't care about that stuff, but girls are so different (changing 3-4 times a day). I've gone to extremes by actually throwing away sweat pants my son would want to wear to school every day!

I don't find it too odd that Nevaeh would want to change her clothes often -- it's a girl thing :)

Best,

Mel

Yes he is. I've got 2 other children, and my oldest is a 17 yo girl, but I don't remember too much from then!! But I suppose, I just found it an odd statement, unless her mom wanted her dressed better for the trip. In my old age comfort is what matters, I'll wear my jean shorts or capris out in public but as soon as I get home I'm outta them into something more free fitting!!

Does anyone have a pic of this Austin's dad?? Roy looked creepy enough to me, reminded me of that poor girl in Missouri, was it Rowan Ford? Her killer. Maybe it was just the size of him.

People don't need a course in child development to be a good parent, or to understand that "accidents" happen. I would suspect that most parents have no formal education in child-rearing. You just need to love your child unconditionally in order to understand these things.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that issue. For those who grew up in violent homes only to continue the cycle, very often have unreasonable expectations for their children - expectations that the child isn't physically and/or mentally equipped for yet. Love is a huge factor by all means, every child needs to be loved and to feel loved but love doesn't automatically fix everything; especially not generational cycles of family abuse. That requires education and intervention.
JMOO

Found the inmates dorm last night - it rang a bell. GK stayed at motel seven at S. Dixie Hwy and Dunbar road (concrete plant also) the address is: Inmate Dormitory, located at 7000 East Dunbar Road. Maybe 4 minutes away, so it got me more curious.

So I've roughed out a map and this thing almost T-bones at motel 7. I wonder if any locals can verify the map as looking correct. Thanks

Ps: BTW, no I'm not tunnel visioning, I'm detailing - blood & hair test haven't come back from the room yet.

mapping.jpg

Thanks Chilly I was reading this as well. One question for anyone who can tell me :) I thought that mom had went to Kmart with Navaeh around 3:45 ? Am I mistaken on this issue..because I don't see where she talks about it at all. TIA

Ok so I answered my own question...lol looks like it is being speculated because of no confirmation...I thought I had read somewhere maybe it was an "Easter" interview where he said "because of the Kmart reciepts that LE asked if he followed JB and Navaeh to Kmart" ...now I have to go back and look :doh: it's driving me crazy :crazy:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that issue. For those who grew up in violent homes only to continue the cycle, very often have unreasonable expectations for their children - expectations that the child isn't physically and/or mentally equipped for yet. Love is a huge factor by all means, every child needs to be loved and to feel loved but love doesn't automatically fix everything; especially not generational cycles of family abuse. That requires education and intervention.
JMOO

I will agree to disagree with you. I just want to clarify that the reason I responded was because you made a generalized statement "someone", meaning to me anyone in the general population, should need to have a child development class. I don't have stats to back it up, but it is my opinion that violent homes are not the majority and therefore, in most cases, classes are not necessary in order to be a good parent. So I do agree that in homes where violence is prevalent, education would be beneficial. I just disagee with it as a blanketed statement. It seems a bit offensive to those who have never taken a course in anything but still somehow manage to be great parents. I am willing to bet that there are very unhappy and mistreated children out there who have highly educated parents.

One child said she went into the woods to meet "Daddy George". The younger one made the statement about seeing a man stab her in the stomach. When questioned further, the little fella couldn't repeat his story. Here's one link. There's a more detailed report somewhere else, but I can't find the link right now.
http://www.wtol.com/global/story.asp?s=10434386

Aside from SG's statement that he returned to her house at 8pm, where he was when JB called him. He could've been anywhere. I'd bet dollars to donuts if a woman is willing to pay his rent, she's also providing him with a cell phone.

But, yeah, something is most definitely rotten in Denmark.

I hate to be gross or dirty or whatever, but stabbing her in the stomach...maybe the kid saw him raping her. You know, if a child hasn't seen a sex act before...they may describe it as that. Who knows. I still think its an odd statement to come from a child.

If she doesn't have her own home or land line telephone and doesn't do myspace or any of the networking sites you won't find her online. My kids didn't show up in any of the search engines until they moved out.

But shouldn't us search pop her up as a possibility because she should have at least a birth certificate.

Found the inmates dorm last night - it rang a bell. GK stayed at motel seven at S. Dixie Hwy and Dunbar road (concrete plant also) the address is: Inmate Dormitory, located at 7000 East Dunbar Road. Maybe 4 minutes away, so it got me more curious.

So I've roughed out a map and this thing almost T-bones at motel 7. I wonder if any locals can verify the map as looking correct. Thanks

Ps: BTW, no I'm not tunnel visioning, I'm detailing - blood & hair test haven't come back from the room yet.

mapping.jpg
Hi Peliman,
are you referring to the blood that was found in George Kennedy's room? If so, that did come back and was found not to be Neveah's. That of course does not mean he didn't cut himself on that fence that was broken into around the concrete place....

May 27: Investigators search Kennedy's hotel room, finding blood on a wall near a sink, on a pair of shorts and a towel.

May 29: Forensics investigators determine blood found does not match the girl's. Police name Smith as a person of interest.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090607/NEWS06/906070502/1008/NEWS/The+key+events+in+search+for+Nevaeh

Ok so I answered my own question...lol looks like it is being speculated because of no confirmation...I thought I had read somewhere maybe it was an "Easter" interview where he said "because of the Kmart reciepts that LE asked if he followed JB and Navaeh to Kmart" ...now I have to go back and look :doh: it's driving me crazy :crazy:

Ok here is the interview where "Easter" says LE questions him about following them out of Kmart I knew I wasn't crazy...

Easter said he learned of Nevaeh’s disappearance when he was called by a girlfriend who lives at the Charlotte Arms Apartments, where the girl had disappeared while playing alone in the parking lot. His girlfriend said she needed a ride to the store, saying the apartment complex was abuzz over the missing girl, he said.

“I had a hard time thinking in my head,” Easter said of the questioning.

He told authorities he had been at Kmart that night. He said investigators tried to pin him down, acting like Nevaeh was at the store with her mother that day.

“They kept telling me, ‘You followed her out of Kmart,’ ” Easter said

http://www..com/2009/06/breaking-news-body-found-is-nevaeh-buchanan/

The story of Mr. Easter in a speedo has not been verified. I believe it came from the same place this story did, which is totally false:

My cousin lives right next store to the Easter man and said he is SOOO weird! She also said that she believes that they found bones in his burn pit. That they took several bags of evidence out of his burn pit. Then they pretty much cleared out his house. Took his computer, a ton of *advertiser censored* pictures of kids, and several other things. Also said his girlfriend who lives around the corner is also a registered sex offender!

Have not caught up yet, so this may have been clarified by now, but there was a neighbor on a news interview that said specifically he liked to walk around in a speedo and sit in a kiddie pool. Have no clue where that link is now, would have to go digging.

It was about 6:30 p.m. on May 24, the day before Memorial Day. Nevaeh walked out, the door shut and that was the last time Buchanan says she saw her daughter.

Buchanan didn't get up from the couch to make sure her daughter made it safely up the stairs. She sat there, she said, watching "Jon & Kate Plus 8."

About 20 minutes later, a girl Buchanan described as a tattletale knocked on the door.

"I looked everywhere," she said. "I spent at least 45 minutes looking."

For the last 2 1/2 months, Sherry, Jennifer and Nevaeh Buchanan have lived together in the two-bedroom apartment.

some timeline stuff snipped from here: http://www.freep.com/article/20090607/NEWS05/906070501/1007

I hate to be gross or dirty or whatever, but stabbing her in the stomach...maybe the kid saw him raping her. You know, if a child hasn't seen a sex act before...they may describe it as that. Who knows. I still think its an odd statement to come from a child.

That was my first thought when I read that part, too. The boy didn't say he "saw" it -- he said she was taken by a bad man and stabbed in the stomach. My initial thought was maybe Nevaeh told him that---maybe she had already been abused before. Just trying to think like a child here but probably failing miserably.

I have no link handy, but I'm pretty sure I read an article from the past few days that stated that JB, a friend and Nevaeh went to Kmart/Store earlier in the day. And IIRC, that was the reason for the initial search there.

Morning Q!
Yes, I recall that as well. I think it was in the article that interviewed the little boy's mother. She had said that ((iirc)) she ate with them at 3:30 and her mother came up to get her to go to the store at 3:45.

The two children had played inside the boy's apartment most of the afternoon, then Nevaeh left with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan.

"She left our house at 3:30, 3:45," said Kuhn, who lives one floor up from Nevaeh's apartment in the Charlotte Arms complex in Monroe. She said the Buchanans had to go to the store.

The next thing Kuhn heard, Nevaeh turned up missing about 6:30 p.m

http://www.freep.com/article/20090606/NEWS05/906060405/0/NEWS05

finally found it!

ETA: there is a very cute picture of Austin to the right of the article

Hi Peliman,
are you referring to the blood that was found in George Kennedy's room? If so, that did come back and was found not to be Neveah's. That of course does not mean he didn't cut himself on that fence that was broken into around the concrete place....

http://www.freep.com/article/20090607/NEWS06/906070502/1008/NEWS/The+key+events+in+search+for+Nevaeh

May 27: Investigators search Kennedy's hotel room, finding blood on a wall near a sink, on a pair of shorts and a towel.

May 29: Forensics investigators determine blood found does not match the girl's. Police name Smith as a person of interest

Hi nurse I hear you, the blood still makes me curious though. It was found on his knife (human) , which may not match the girl but it matches somebody. Still we don't know where the homicide occured or how. Then we have hair samples but here's my building issue. Smith and Kennedy are buddie buddies.

The victims mother has associated with known SO's who apparently bring other SO's into her circle. The prison dorm is being visited by two known SO's and who know's who else. Has the mom been forthcoming about the known ones - NO, she's distanced hereself. So I don't think it's a stretch to think other inmates may have been involved in the mothers circle.

I'm just saying.

Interesting article in Toledo Blade this AM about "profile" of killer...

STAFF WRITER

The grisly way in which a little girl's body was disposed of along a remote stretch of the River Raisin in Monroe County could yield important clues to the identity of her assailant, a top criminal expert says.

The body, believed to be 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan, was found Thursday covered in cement by fishermen who smelled a strange odor and chipped away at what they thought was a concrete block. Nevaeh had been missing from her Monroe apartment complex and presumed abducted since May 24.

While the average person recoils at such gruesome discoveries, the evidence tends to point to "organized" killers who could pass as average Joes, said Ken Lanning, a consultant on crimes against children and a retired FBI agent.

Mr. Lanning and veteran Toledo Detective Frank Stiles, in separate interviews late last week, cautioned it is too soon to conclude there was a sexual motivation to the killing of the young girl.

"It's a possibility, but there needs to be more evidence," said Mr. Stiles, author of two books on high-profile Toledo homicides and chief investigator for the Lucas County prosecutor's office.

Police have identified two sexual offenders - friends of the girl's mother - as persons of interest. They are not suspects, Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said.
Detective Stiles and Mr. Lanning said they had no direct knowledge of this case and said they were speaking about such crimes generally.

So according to them, they're not looking for some haphazard killer here. Or and accidental killing cover up. As I said before, I believe this guy planned this and knew exactly what he was doing.

I'm not quite sure why LE has said they don't think it's a boat. The only explanation would be was a poster said before, that there might be concrete dust going up hill or something, but if we take that one step further, if you were a REALLY smart sociopath, why not just sprinkle it there yourself to throw off cops...to lead them to believe that you came in a car, not a boat? Then the cops wouldn't even ask about boat sightings or rentals and they'd spend all their time chasing a car lead.

I give LE alot of credit, I really do. BUT, having been married to a LE officer , cops get what's called "boxed" syndrome. They jump on what they "think" happened, and then fit the clues into that box. It's hard for them to get out of that box once they decide, and trust me, they've already decided what happened. My ex used to actually have classes and continuing education in trying to break the syndrome because it really makes cases difficult to solve or leads to the arrest of an innocent person. And no offense to any police on the board, but cops are notorious ego maniacs and black and white in their thinking, it's very hard for them to think in gray terms. They focus on what they think and then make the clues fit, because they CAN'T be wrong. Plus you have the grandstanding and the mutual hate of different departments and levels of law enforcement. Local cops HATE to call in other jurisdictions...it's THEIR case and they want to run the show, there's are numerous pissing contests going on between agencies. State police think they're better than local LE of course, so when they come in they try to take over and treat local LE like they're rubes. EVERYONE hates the feds. Truly. There is so much disdain for the FBI in local and state LE agencies it's unbelievable, because once the feds come in, everyone else is OUT. My ex was a deep undercover narcotics officer and while I truly support our police and thank God for them, there is ALOT of politics and hatred among different agencies. We would, as average citizens like to think that they all work together, but truly..it's not the case most of the time.

I'm still not convinced there was no boat used, especially after the profile of an organized, intelligent killer.

Plus, I know people have been talking about 90# bags of concrete and such, but it's not like 90 pounds of concrete were poured out. A big drywall bucket would have been enough of quickcret to carry. Just a layer was poured over the body, a thin enough layer where the fisherman didn't have to do to much to see skin.

Here's link to article..http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090607/NEWS16/906070319

Makes me sick that that women could sit there and watch "Jon & Kate plus 8" a couple taking care of 8, and she could not care for one. It's 6:30 in the evening and she let's her go out on her own....I think she could of atleast called the neighbor and asked if it was okay if Nevaeh came over to play and to give a time she wanted her home by. The saddest thing of all was she said was what she did not say she said as Nevaeh walked out she said she was going to be up at her friends place, and JB said nothing .....not be home soon...have fun... I love you....nothing, the last thing she got from the person who was suppose to love her the most in the world....was NOTHING! She sat there like a Blob... didn't help her change out of her clothes or clean her up and sat there as that precious child left that place for the last time. I feel no pity for that women at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet