MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AfterSunset is correct, a lazy, time out mother, who showed very little consideration for her 5 year old's well-being.
Perhaps she thought she didn't have to bother, because she was a non-custodial parent?

I could easily picture her laying on the coach, watching TV, but not necessarily carrying heavy cement bags, mixing concrete or digging holes. :no:
After reading the entire article I can't see her being bothered with Nevaeh enough to go to the trouble of burying her by the river. But I can see somebody she may know taking advantage of the opportunity ~ Nevaeh outside playing by herself, or going upstairs to play with an 8 y/o boy (and whoever else may have been in that apartment) on a daily basis. The article also says JB was stealing (the home invasion conviction) to support a drug habit. Is she still using? Is she on parole? And since this is her mother's apartment, where was she that afternoon/evening? :banghead: MOO

Whether suffocated, strangled, drowned... all would pose the risk of possible scratches (wherever skin exposed or not covered by clothing) but of any of these methods, it is drowning that would seem the least audible, IMO. Especially when in a fairly secluded location. A 50# child eg is hardly a match anywhere for 200# man but certainly not beneath the water.
:(
And regardless of cause of death, the question nevertheless remains: why not dumped into river. Encasing (vs dumping in river) may have appeared to pose less risk of surfacing or discovery but it also seems this was a half-a$$ed, drunken attempt at cover-up and may have also been to permit perp to revisit scene.

:parrot:
(bolding mine)

I think this is exactly why she was buried there with the concrete on top. Just like the fisherman who found her by sitting on top of the concrete, I believe the perp intended to go back there and maybe do likewise. I also think the perp didn't do a very good job at all of concealing her body as the concrete wasn't even set well. Thankfully. MOO

Maybe the perp/perps were in a hurry. Also, like faefrost pointed out, he/she/they might have been impaired.

I agree. This could also have been a place where GK had gone with others to fish. Like RS, maybe?

Completely innocent ? Even if she had no part in her daughter's murder, she played a part in her death by not supervising her...at any rate, she is not innocent.
Completely agree. By her own words in this article, it seems she was more interested in watching a tv show than caring for her daughter, and when the other little girl does come to report Nevaeh playing in the street (parking lot) she calls the child a tattletale. Maybe because that meant she'd have to get up off the couch and actually go look for Nevaeh. She made it sound like an 'ordeal' that she had to bother with her. MOO

MONROE, Mich. — As investigators await test results on a child's body found by a southeastern Michigan river, the mother of a missing 5-year-old girl says she's "completely innocent."

Monroe County authorities said Sunday they're pursuing leads as they wait for DNA evidence to confirm the body is that of Nevaeh Buchanan, reported missing May 24.

The child's remains were discovered Thursday next to the River Raisin.

Jennifer Buchanan tells the Detroit Free Press she "didn't have anything to do with" her daughter's disappearance and doesn't know who would want to harm her child.
Buchanan's mother got custody of Nevaeh after Buchanan was found guilty of breaking into homes to support a drug habit.

The three were sharing an apartment in Monroe, Mich.

On Friday, authorities said the body found encased in cement by fishermen belongs to a child the same size, gender and age of the missing girl and they had "reasonable suspicion" it is Nevaeh. A shirt resembling the one she was wearing when she vanished also was discovered.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525333,00.html

BBM

I just want to run down the street screaming!!! How dare that egg donor say "she doesn't know anyone who would want to harm her daughter".

UH - how about the 2 RSO's you allowed near your child.

She's quite the whack job.

Hi A - :wave:

One thing that is really starting to bug me..

This place is DEFINITELY isolated to folks that don't know the area. BUT it is not isolated to folks that do, and I daresay, there's plenty that do in Dundee...so why put her body there? Is the perp NOT familiar with the area? Why would he put her in a place if he is from there that he KNOWS people go to? Why just cover her with a thin layer of concrete when he KNOWs that people are trudging all around there fishing? I was convinced he was local, and I still think that, but now I'm wondering why he would put her in a place that he knew people would be going too?

not that I'm any kind of expert but in thinking about this in the "simplest, less complicated" form I would just say...sometimes things can be hidden in plain sight and are not ever noticed...besides I'm thinking it would give them (the perp) some kind of perverse pleasure to knowingly revisit this place..while fishing with "friends" who would have no knowledge of just what laid beneath their feet...

:(

I am usually behind and want to catch up before I post. Finally got caught up.

First of all, I do take exception to the LE bashing. LE goes where the evidence takes them. I was reading a post a few pages back where LE was bashed and what was stated could not be more wrong. Sorry - just had to say it.

I have so many questions:

1.) What time(s) were Jon & Kate Plus 8 on in the Monroe, Mi. area the day that Nevaeh disappeared? Anyone know? Was more than one episode shown on that day?

2.) JB stated that Nevaeh had an accident and had to change her clothes. Did JB get angry with Nevaeh for the accident?

3.) JB, imo, would more likely have been on the computer or playing a computer game than watching Jon & Kate Plus 8. The computer forensics will tell a tale, as well as cell phone pings and records for all who have been mentioned. I recall seeing the corner of a keyboard in one of the pics I saw of Nevaeh in the apartment. It was in the living room.

4.) I wonder just who broke up with who? Did GK break up with JB, or the other way around? Was JB angry with GK for having another girlfriend and yet another woman paying his rent? If you look at GK's record, he was due to come off parole next month (July). He got picked up for the parole violation just in time to assure that he goes back to prison.

I am not so sure that JB is completely innocent. There have been many murders that 'so called mothers' have committed where the child was disposed of in a very cruel and unthinkable manner. JB is capable of doing this by herself, imo. Or, she possibly could have coerced GK into helping her because he knew she could have him sent back to prison by any number of things she could have told LE.

Prison is a mean place by defination. JB was in prison with any number of convicted felons. They all compare notes, imo. JB was convicted of Home Invasion to feed her drug habit. Could someone have suggested an easier way to come by money for drugs? Child *advertiser censored* or pimping your child out? These are just thoughts.

One thing we do know for certain is that LE and the FBI know so much more than we do. Anything we can think of has most likely been thought of by both LE and the FBI. A huge factor in this case will be whether or not little Neveah was sexually assaulted by person or object, if at all. If not sexually assaulted by a male, then I am thinking that JB got angry with little Nevaeh for soiling her clothes and it went from there.

Just thoughts, folks. I do not post a lot anymore. I prefer to read and absorb all the info that you fantastic posters here dig up.

Awesome post. I hadn't thought about it before, but when you stated it will probably make a difference if she was sexually assualted or not, that makes sense. If not, it would point more towards her mother.

This place is DEFINITELY isolated to folks that don't know the area. BUT it is not isolated to folks that do, and I daresay, there's plenty that do in Dundee...so why put her body there? Is the perp NOT familiar with the area? Why would he put her in a place if he is from there that he KNOWS people go to? Why just cover her with a thin layer of concrete when he KNOWs that people are trudging all around there fishing? I was convinced he was local, and I still think that, but now I'm wondering why he would put her in a place that he knew people would be going too?

Because if this/these /s was/were so depraved he/they could rape or murder a 5 year-old, then I guess he/they were in no frame of mind to think about ANY consequences while he's/they're fulfilling his/their sick twisted fantasies. It was dark, he/they were drunk, and it appears his/their no-good sorry @$$/es didn't give a $#!+.

:steamed: :furious: :mad: :steamed:

:parrot:

First of all, I do take exception to the LE bashing. LE goes where the evidence takes them. I was reading a post a few pages back where LE was bashed and what was stated could not be more wrong. Sorry - just had to say it.

1.) What time(s) were Jon & Kate Plus 8 on in the Monroe, Mi. area the day that Nevaeh disappeared? Anyone know? Was more than one episode shown on that day?

....snip for space.....

I know this one because I looked it up last night. There was a marathon of Jon & Kate shows on the 24th. It went on all day.

It looks to me that the area is not nearly as isolated as the news is claiming. It's right off the road and there is a well worn path leading down to the river. We go to some fishing spots in my area, or sometimes drive 10 or 20 miles to a few favorite spots, that look very much like that. Sometimes we find other fishermen there, sometimes we don't.

Awesome post. I hadn't thought about it before, but when you stated it will probably make a difference if she was sexually assualted or not, that makes sense. If not, it would point more towards her mother.

Thank you, LeLe1953.

There are just any number of ways little Nevaeh could have been murdered as well as several people who could have done it.

One thing about JB is that she is chubby and looks to be out of shape. However, adrenalin carries quite a punch and enables people to do things that they would not normally be able to accomplish.

(hello, my friend!)

I can't find the link again but know I read LE found "*advertiser censored*" in the search of his home..I can't recall if it was "kiddie" *advertiser censored* but if it was "kiddie" *advertiser censored* that's a crime & he would've been arrested so my guess is it was not.

I believe he is the one who always parked where the scooter was found..The burnt glove at the dump site also raises a huge red flag to me..Do we know if he has an alibi?

LE has cleared him. I think it's time to leave the guy alone.

Oh thank you Mods! I got confuzzled about the thread being moved LOL

We can spread out now! :blowkiss: We can do a media thread and a facts thread and...and...and :)

Jon & Kate Plus 8
Friday, May 22: 5 pm — 3 am (5/23)
Saturday, May 23: 9 am — 3 am (5/24)
Sunday, May 24: 9 am — 3 am (5/25)
Monday, May 25: 6 am — 10 pm (Season 5 premiere at 9 pm)

3.) JB, imo, would more likely have been on the computer or playing a computer game than watching Jon & Kate Plus 8. The computer forensics will tell a tale, as well as cell phone pings and records for all who have been mentioned. I recall seeing the corner of a keyboard in one of the pics I saw of Nevaeh in the apartment. It was in the living room.

hmmmm...not sure. I watched the J&K marathon and was on the computer. So it would be easy for JB to do both

I am not so sure that JB is completely innocent. There have been many murders that 'so called mothers' have committed where the child was disposed of in a very cruel and unthinkable manner. JB is capable of doing this by herself, imo. Or, she possibly could have coerced GK into helping her because he knew she could have him sent back to prison by any number of things she could have told LE.

I don't believe the egg donor to be innocent by any stretch of the imagination. She let SO'ers around her child, and left a 5 year old unsupervised! Her quirky statements alone tell me she's involved.

Prison is a mean place by defination. JB was in prison with any number of convicted felons. They all compare notes, imo. JB was convicted of Home Invasion to feed her drug habit. Could someone have suggested an easier way to come by money for drugs? Child *advertiser censored* or pimping your child out? These are just thoughts.

There are Sex rings out there. They communicate via the internet/email -- sending videos and pictures back and forth. I've even heard that real stooopid people use Craig's list!

One thing we do know for certain is that LE and the FBI know so much more than we do. Anything we can think of has most likely been thought of by both LE and the FBI. A huge factor in this case will be whether or not little Neveah was sexually assaulted by person or object, if at all. If not sexually assaulted by a male, then I am thinking that JB got angry with little Nevaeh for soiling her clothes and it went from there.

I believe she was sexually assaulted by one of the SO's. We'll see :(

Just thoughts, folks. I do not post a lot anymore. I prefer to read and absorb all the info that you fantastic posters here dig up.

Thanks, I enjoy your insightful posts - keep em coming!

Mel

Yes LaLaw look up and you can see Nevaeh now has a subforum in the missing forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member