MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I've heard of the bio-father being in jail. Does anyone know what the charges were?

They need to change the SO classifications to distinguish if someone just got caught peeing in a public place or they were wagging it on purpose in front of people. I think there is a big difference. JE has Indecent Exposure on his record, but what did he do?

So she has the misfortune of a convicted felon mother who doesn't think she should be judgemental about sex offenders, it has nothing to do with today.

Mom's boyfriend is a sex offender in violation of parole. The day of the dissappearance boyfriend sex offender trades his car for the VAN of moms sex offender casual friend who is also in violation of his parole.

A yet third known sex offender is thrown in the mix for good measure.

Her body is found at the fishing hole sex offender boyfriend just happened to say he was at that day.... but a yet to be identified random kidnapping/murder is the real story? That is so unlikely from a statistics point of view that I cannot even wrap my mind around it.

Kind of like the spouse that has beat his wife, threatened to kill her if she leaves, tried to hire someone to kill her, and then she is randomly gunned down in a totally unrelated stranger crime.

Hi Impatientredhead, One little correction. He said he was at the fishing hole a couple of days before she went missing. I think of 3 the way he said it, a few being 2, a couple being 3. LOL

The way I read it from reading the Sheriff's comments this morning, his multiple use of the word 'they' says there are at least 2 suspects they have in mind, and don't think he would say that unless there is a good reason.

I think you meant to say 'murderer' instead of murder, and then I would agree with you. There is a very disturbed suspect in her death who has not been named or arrested yet. That says the other must be in custody, if I am not reading too much into the Sheriff's comment at the presser.

I did not say that JB suffered any misfortune, she has brought all of this upon herself, IMO. That is not the same as being aware of or participating in what happened to Nevaeh.

Statistically, children who are unsupervised are in danger of being taken by a SO. That doesn't necessarily make it these particular SO's who took her. I don't think they did.

I have never heard that Kennedy said he was fishing in that spot the day Nevaeh disappeared. Do you have a link for that?

It was Neveah's misfortune I was referring to.
I cannot think of a single case where there was known sex offender in the immediate circle of friends/family that was then abducted by another pedophile and killed. Those types of abductions are amazingly rare. For that type of abduction to then happen to a child already in the situation her mother put her in is just statistically so improbable. But you could certainly be right.

The link to the news articles saying a portion of his alibi for the day in question was that he and another girl (Savannah) were fishing, right where she was found. I will find it in a bit if no one has it handy.

Hi Impatientredhead, One little correction. He said he was at the fishing hole a couple of days before she went missing. I think of 3 the way he said it, a few being 2, a couple being 3. LOL

The way I read it from reading the Sheriff's comments this morning, his multiple use of the word 'they' says there are at least 2 suspects they have in mind, and don't think he would say that unless there is a good reason.

I think you meant to say 'murderer' instead of murder, and then I would agree with you. There is a very disturbed suspect in her death who has not been named or arrested yet. That says the other must be in custody, if I am not reading too much into the Sheriff's comment at the presser.

Good afternoon, Scandi. Can you please tell me where the info that Kennedy ever fished in that spot comes from? It's new news to me. Thanks.

WOW. 12 days and we already have so much info it is amazing - some is true and some rumor. Ya Ya

Now I do remember 2 links mentioning letters, each mentioning a different letter. The first was from a link in the paper that LE found a letter in GK's apt where Jennifer alluded to owing him $$'s and giving him Navaeh in payment of that. The other letter is the one Jennifer mentions that she had ripped in half and decided not to send to him

I guess time and more info will get this clarified ;}

Oh, if this is true, the egg donor is in sooooo much trouble. Drugs? Drugs, over a precious child. I don't care if she owed him 10 million dollars, there's no amount of money for this lame excuse. If true, I hope she's standing up there right next to the perp as they hand down the LWOP sentence. Better yet, maybe they'll both kill themselves in prison. Prison life is too cushy these days. I'd rather they meet there Maker sooner vs. later.

Dangit - I'm so mad!!

Mel

They need to change the SO classifications to distinguish if someone just got caught peeing in a public place or they were wagging it on purpose in front of people. I think there is a big difference. JE has Indecent Exposure on his record, but what did he do?

He probably wagged it at some little girls, standing by his little pool in his brightly colored speedo! :crazy::crazy: Ewwwwwww :bang:

Seriously, good question. Do they let out records like this?

Great sleuthing impatient. I think "it" had something to do with this as well. When I hear her in the interviews, when she says, I think about her every morning, night as well, and her final sentence "it bothers me", makes me think she's a narcassistic psycho. Your missing daughter shouldn't bother you, it should make you so mad that you'll do whatever you can to find the perp and kill him with your own bare hands (that's how I feel anyway, and it's not even my child).

You don't stay holed up in your house, accepting hugs, gifts, free dinners from strangers - you put your boots on and look everywhere. You should come home so f'n exhausted and sweaty, that you don't know what day it is, or the time. You catch a few winks, then you're at it again.

She's not a mother, she's an accomplice in some sense of the word. She let her child around a SO; didn't watch her, and didn't give a lick when she went missing.

Now - I have to go pick up my darling son, as I don't dare let him walk home from school by himself (and he's 11).

Be back soon!

Mel
Are you sure she isn't related to someone in Orlando?! ;)

Btw~ Mine never walked to or from school and I lived very close.

I added my missing er ;)

http://www.wxyz.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=20910@wxyz.dayport.com&navCatId=16

This report says his alibi is that he was fishing the day of, but who knows with the reporting that has been going on!

I think the very disturbed suspect that has not been arrested yet is JB.

The 'drug debt' letter was a rumor. If LE found a letter written by JB offering Nevaeh to a SO as payment for a drug debt, I believe JB would be locked up right now.

Good afternoon, Scandi. Can you please tell me where the info that Kennedy ever fished in that spot comes from? It's new news to me. Thanks.

Hi Chilly, I am referring to the video link from Nomoresorrow last night where at the very end of the tape the reporter said GK knew the area where she was found like the back of his hand.

Now I think I remember talk of him fishing. Did I make a stretch believing the only way he would have intimate knowledge of a known fishing spot was because he had fished there? lol I might be guilty of that, and my bad. It is so easy to do when you get to be as old as I. xox

ETA: Now I see Impatient's link, it sparked my memory. There is another link where he says he was fishing a couple of days before she was taken and I put 2 + 2 together. He ain't too swift, but doubt he would go as far to say he was fishing at that spot even tho she hadn't been found yet. He had to know it was a matter of time till she was discovered. IMO

Hi Chilly, I am referring to the video link from Nomoresorrow last night where at the very end of the tape the reporter said GK knew the area where she was found like the back of his hand.

Now I think I remember talk of him fishing. Did I make a stretch believing the only way he would have intimate knowledge of a known fishing spot was because he had fished there? lol I might be guilty of that, and my bad. It is so easy to do when you get to be as old as I. xox

I took the reporter's comment to mean that Kennedy knew the general area, not that he necessarily had knowledge of that exact spot or that he'd ever fished there. You're only as old as you feel - which probably makes me much older than you.

Me, too. I read last night the report said he only had a couple of traffic offenses on his record.

I just went digging and it appears that someone posted that the dad also had a home invasion charge. It appears to me that that home invasion charge is on GK. I will edit my earlier posts.

I took the reporter's comment to mean that Kennedy knew the general area, not that he necessarily had knowledge of that exact spot or that he'd ever fished there. You're only as old as you feel - which probably makes me much older than you.

You could be right about that on both accounts Chilly. I tarried too long on this case last night so am running on about 3 hours sleep ;} You'd think I'd learn not to do that :banghead: lol

Hello, first I want to thank all of you for this forum and your fascinating discussions. I got hooked by the posts I read last night, so I joined instead of lurking. Has anyone (media or sleuth here) attempt to put together a timeline from the accounts collected so far? There are so many discrepencies. Of course, pointing out the discrepencies may only lead to many of our foregone conclusions about neglect on the part of the mother, but... I'd like to start a rough attempt anyway.
Then, I apologize ahead of time for the length of this post :doh:

Here is what I found out so far...

3:30 to 3:45 pm Nevaeh eats a meal at Baker or Kuhn apartment
3:45 ? Krystal Kuhn states Nevaeh left to go to store with mother..
3:30 to 6:30? Neighbor Richard Hammac sees Nevaeh on scooter "hours before" she was missing...
3:30 to 6:30 Jennifer Buchanan states that Nevaeh is playing up at Austin's
5:00 to 11:00 pm (Time range from Sherrif's department asking residents for any noted activity in area)
6:30 PM JB states that a little girl reports Nevaeh riding scooter on street
6:30 PM JB notices Nevaeha missing
6:00 - 7:00 Green van seen at neighboring school
6:30 -8:00 PM (between) Mother first calls George Kennedy? then calls 911?
8:15 PM Amber Alert is issued

Timeline from MOTHER REPORTS Nevaeh Missing:
"The girl was reported missing around 8 p.m. on Sunday, May 24.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office issued an Amber Alert at 8:15 p.m"
. http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=304280

"Nevaeh Buchanan's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, 24, reported her missing at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, after she found her daughter's abandoned scooter propped up against a corner of a building in the Charlotte Arms apartments on North Macomb." http://www.freep.com/article/20090526/NEWS05/90526013/1008/NEWS

(I am assuming that JB reportedly noticed Nevaeh missing at 6:30, but did not call 911 immediately, an undetermined time passed, but enough time to allow for the Sherrif to issue the Amber Alert at 8:15. )

Timeline from Witness reports:

Austin’s (Nevaeh's 8 year old neighbor friend) biological mother interviewed in the article today: http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605036/Boy+s+mother++He+didn+t+see+Nevaeh+taken She states that Nevaeh was there from 3:30 to 3:45, and then left because she had to go to the store with her mother.

To throw another hitch in the timeline there is this:
"I want to move. I want to move out. I do not feel safe here any longer because it hit so close to home," said Richard Hammac, neighbor. Hammac saw little Nevaeh riding her scooter hours before she disappeared http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=304754

Timeline from Sherrif's reports:
"At a press conference by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office this morning, Lt. Todd Opperman asked the public to call investigators if they noticed anything between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. Sunday." http://www.freep.com/article/20090526/NEWS05/90526013/1008/NEWS

Kennedy alibi
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090604/NEWS02/906040366/0/SPORTS04

The “adults” involved: http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=305099

My own questions:

So can we assume that Nevaeh is scooter riding between 3:45 and 6:30 pm, or earlier? If the scooter is parked at a corner of the building, would not that mean that Nevaeh parked it? If she was snatched by a stranger, the scooter would not be parked. I don't believe JB is a credible source, as she has evidently lied to LE according to some reports. Could Nevaeh have been riding it earlier, before the meal?

I also question these neighbors, to include the father of Austin. I am confused by Austin's family in general. His father, Aaron Baker and his ex Krystal Kuhn both live in the same building as the Buchanans? I also looked at the MySpace pages that Momtective pointed out in the 3rd thread last night: (Aaron, Joanne (his gf?), and Angela (his 13 year old daughter who says she is 16). I notice that Krystal (Da Feisty One) is actually the mother of Austin (8) and Angela (13). I also noticed that Angela (13) is MS friends with her Krystal and Joanne, but not Aaron, and she is "hateing her family" as of yesterday. Strange dynamic, indeed.

Other than JB, Austin's family seem to be the last adults to state that they saw Nevaeh that day.

Something is fishy about this timeline and the cast of characters, or maybe I have made some mistakes trying to fish out information from the swamp of reports out there?

I just went digging and it appears that someone posted that the dad also had a home invasion charge. It appears to me that that home invasion charge is on GK. I will edit my earlier posts.

That's what I understood. Kennedy served time for home invasion, was released, and shortly thereafter was convicted for the sex crimes and went back to prison. I think he met JB at the parole office after the first incarceration since her letter talked about taking care of things for him while he was in prison.

I noticed her name is misspelt sometimes -also in this topics' title and once on front page, it's Nevaeh, HEAVEN spelt backwards , such a beautiful name.

At this point, this so-called father figure is also my prime suspect. Not sure though did he act alone.I believe one of his girlfriends provided him a false alibi and he also seem to be protected by Nevaeh's mom.

imo.

Here is more information on JB, GK, and SH:

McMullen, a family friend, said she has organized search groups every day since Nevaeh's disappearance and Jennifer Buchanan, Nevaeh's mother, has joined her on some trips.

Sherry Buchanan said her daughter had been in and out of the apartment Sunday and the windows were open, but she heard nothing until a friend of Nevaeh's asked where she was.

"If Nevaeh would've yelled, Jennifer would have heard her," Buchanan said as she stood with her son, Michael, and Nevaeh's father.

~snip~

One of those is a friend of Nevaeh's mother, George Kennedy, 39, who was in custody Wednesday on an unrelated parole violation. Kennedy, whose last known residence was a Monroe motel, is a registered sex offender who was released from prison in 2003 after serving time for fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct.

~snip~

Shane Hinojosa lives in Toledo, Ohio, but has been staying in a tent on the apartment grounds since learning of his daughter's disappearance. He admits he hasn't seen his daughter in years and said he is risking arrest by being in Monroe County, where warrants have been issued against him for failure to pay child support.

He said the family is setting aside differences while they search for Nevaeh

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19578924/detail.html

BBM

(At least some people can do the right thing for the sake of their missing child.)

The 'drug debt' letter was a rumor. If LE found a letter written by JB offering Nevaeh to a SO as payment for a drug debt, I believe JB would be locked up right now.

That is not enough proof in and of itself.
They would still need to collect the supporting evidence that it actually happened. A ripped up letter might make her look like a loon but it doesn't mean she gave it to him, made the offer or followed through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes