MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS, Tampamom and Jackweb~

I agree it is someone local, Jack. JB (Jennifer) even stated this early on which I found odd.

It is an interesting theory/profile about the perp and seemingly on target so far. The drinking on a weekend and the inhibitions being down could play into this scenario, but not necessarily.

The location and the cement indicate to me the person wanted to be able to come back time after time to relive the experience while standing over her body. The perp did take time to conceal her there where he could be seen fishing (not attracting suspicion) instead of tossing her aside like garbage or putting her in the water for her body to be carried away.

Reporter asked if anyone in custody has relations to land or property owner of where body was found, will not comment......shirt recovered......like Nevaeh's

I am catching up...didn't read the whole last thread and only on page two of this one, but in response to the above, Crutchfield stated that the land was owned by Monroe County.

That's exactly what I thought, SeriouslySearching. The perp wanted a permanent grave in a spot where he could come to relive the whole thing and not draw attention to himself.

yes he is being transferred; I double-checked on VINE. Someone on MT also said they think he and the other POI RSO are being transferred to Jackson, MI. Not sure why.....but that's what someone stated on MT. (MT is Monroe Talks).

HOWEVER, another poster on MT said according to OTIS; they are both still in Monroe Co. Jail

Kennedy waived a hearing and is being transferred to Jackson bc that is the prison. He is currently in the county jail.

It was found in her garbage, in the dumpster but with garbage from her apartment. Recent clean up obviously and the rumors of its content are so disturbing, unfortunately several of these rumors have ended up being true. The fact that the letter existed and had been found was circulating before it was confirmed.
:waitasec: Recent clean up means she definitely felt guilty about something. Last thing I would consider doing is getting rid of anything if my child went missing or cleaning for that matter. Housework would be the last on my to do list.

Sorry if I am not up-to-date on the intial information. I purposely was trying to stay away from this one with the other cases back to back of little girls gone missing, it is overwhelming. However, now I want to get the SOBs who are responsible for harming this beautiful girl. :furious:

Here's a map of the apt building and river site locations,you can see the sites in relation to each other.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605028/River+Raisin+combed+for+clues

Thank you wandering.

nevaehmap.jpg

Hi all again,
I saw some posts asking about Monroe, so thought I'd post what my research showed.
IMO 'location' is the FIRST thing that should be looked at in abductions. All too often it proves not to matter, because the abduction happened along a busy interstate, in a crowded mall, in a huge park, and you have to move on to look at other clues..But..when you get a unique insular location like Monroe, it becomes a 'location case' and you needn't look much farther.
So, about Monroe. An old worn historic brick town of 20,000 that hasn't been in prosperous times for a long while, only 3mi. from Lake Erie, but having nothing to do with it. The N-S running interstate barely connects to it, passing 2 miles to the east, the N-S main highway passes by 1 1/2 mi. to the west. 95% of people would zip right past Monroe and not even know it was there.
Unlike most towns it's not square in shape, but built against and along both banks of the E-W running Rasin river. There are few bridges across in town, the streets do not follow a grid pattern but follow the river and terrain, don't go through, dead end. It's hard to get into, out of and around, the worst place possible for a roving predator.
The apt. building where the abduction happened is in the town on the north side of the river, about 3/4 mi. from it, where there's a more residential area. The street is not a main one, it's northern end leading to a golf course on the edge of town, it's southern end running into the narrow confusing streets along the river.
Although the public flow of commerce/ traffic is N-S going right past the town, Monroe faces E-W along the Rasin river, not an important stream these days. The I-75 interstate cuts the town off from Lake Erie on the east, so the only outlet for local folks is the old farmland, rural land on the west along Monroe's Rasin river, and this is where the body was found, on the 'local' way out of town, right along a local road and the local river.
Facts...abduction Charolotte Arms Apts. 1166 N. Macomb st. Only 2 bridges crossing river in town. Body found 'south' bank of the river 9 mi. west of town, 11 mi. from apts. along Dixon rd. on the river bank at Maybee-Ida rd., or at Neimen rd., near the only 2 rural bridges crossing the river (at Ida-Maybee rd., and Muehleisen rd.)

So RSO G. Kennedy seems to have a previous address in Maybee, MI. Also a few possible relatives that live there now. About 6 miles from the site Nevaeh's body was found.

Where is Dundee MI in relation to the area that Nevaeh was found? TIA

I'm beginning to believe that, although JB is as dumb as a brick and definitely in contention for worst mother of the year, she's not involved in whatever happened to Nevaeh. I also starting to feel that the perp is someone other than the 3 men who have been called POI in this case. One of them may have unwittingly led someone to Nevaeh, but I don't think they were directly involved.

Thanks, jackwebb.

History of Monroe, MI. Third oldest town in MI. It appears that the river was very important for trade, therefore all roads would be or end near that river.

http://www.ci.monroe.mi.us/

Did anybody say what was in the letter? I heard the first reports saying it was disturbing... but then nothing more. I'm so far behind. Darn WORK!

The letter was stated as saying that Jennifer needed George's help in paying a drug debt.

If JB referred to the letter as being "innocent" then it confirms the story of there being a letter that LE found, yes? The question is then did she tear it up and toss it or did GK?

Also, if she was writing letters to him while he was incarcerated then how did she meet him at the Parole office? When was he in jail and for how long?

WOW. 12 days and we already have so much info it is amazing - some is true and some rumor. Ya Ya

Now I do remember 2 links mentioning letters, each mentioning a different letter. The first was from a link in the paper that LE found a letter in GK's apt where Jennifer alluded to owing him $$'s and giving him Navaeh in payment of that. The other letter is the one Jennifer mentions that she had ripped in half and decided not to send to him

I guess time and more info will get this clarified ;}

Just wanted to mention a few things, and then I will not be able to be on the rest of the weekend.

First ~ Nevaeh sweetie, you are loved by many and I am happy you are in a place where you can't hurt. I pray for those who knew you personally and loved you, as well as those who have come to know you since you've been gone. Rest in peace dear child.

Second ~ I keep seeing the words custody and guardianship used interchangably. They are two different things. IIRC, the grandmother had guardianship. I am guessing it would be temporary guardianship. CPS would not have to be involved or notified to put that in place. Sometimes it has conditions, sometimes it does not. If there are court records online, someone may be able to look into it. (I am not good at that stuff!!)

Third ~ In regards to the father not being able to get custody. I would venture to say that he is NOT the legal father. In Michigan, if parents are not married at the time of the conception or birth, they both have to sign an Affidavit of Parentage. If they do not, the father is not legal in the eyes of the courts. The only other way to be legal is to have a Child Support Order in place. That indicates the court believes you to be the father. If someone wants to try to sleuth that, I have no idea how to begin. Sorry!!! If the bio dad was not the legal father, he would have no right to the child.

I think that's all I wanted to say. I'm going to go spend some time with my little one this weekend. I pray everyone has a good weekend and hope you take some time away from this situation to experience some joy.

Just wanted to mention a few things, and then I will not be able to be on the rest of the weekend.

First ~ Nevaeh sweetie, you are loved by many and I am happy you are in a place where you can't hurt. I pray for those who knew you personally and loved you, as well as those who have come to know you since you've been gone. Rest in peace dear child.

Second ~ I keep seeing the words custody and guardianship used interchangably. They are two different things. IIRC, the grandmother had guardianship. I am guessing it would be temporary guardianship. CPS would not have to be involved or notified to put that in place. Sometimes it has conditions, sometimes it does not. If there are court records online, someone may be able to look into it. (I am not good at that stuff!!)

Third ~ In regards to the father not being able to get custody. I would venture to say that he is NOT the legal father. In Michigan, if parents are not married at the time of the conception or birth, they both have to sign an Affidavit of Parentage. If they do not, the father is not legal in the eyes of the courts. The only other way to be legal is to have a Child Support Order in place. That indicates the court believes you to be the father. If someone wants to try to sleuth that, I have no idea how to begin. Sorry!!! If the bio dad was not the legal father, he would have no right to the child.

I think that's all I wanted to say. I'm going to go spend some time with my little one this weekend. I pray everyone has a good weekend and hope you take some time away from this situation to experience some joy.

It's my understanding that the bio dad is in fact the legal father and there is a child support order in place. He said that he came to Michigan from Ohio to help search in spite of the fact that he knew he might get picked up for past due support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur