Found Deceased MI - Patrick 'Kegan' Cochrane, MSU student, Lansing, 9 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Words fail me. Sending love to his family and friends.

Just catching up....
Ugh, this is just awful :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well, I must be in the minority. I think this entire thing is beyond cruel toward his mother. I think it's all very grandiose and if he hasn't been diagnosed with anything more than depression, then I also think there is at least another diagnosis that was missed or he is coming into another mental illness (I skimmed over all the philosophy and his arguments). Hopefully he will be found before he does it and he can accept help.

Well, we might be in the minority but I agree with you. Rather than delving into it further, I'm going to leave it at that. Just wanted you to know you were not alone in your assessment. My deepest sympathy to his mother.

His poor family and friends. How do you ever find peace after some of those letters? I desperately hope he is found, and soon.

There are soooooo many lakes in Michigan, I don't know how anyone would know where to even begin to look :(

I have so much to say after reading a couple of chapters in his book and his letters, but I can't even begin to put all my thoughts and feelings into words. As someone who has suffered from depression for more than 20 years and being suicidal three times, as recently as this past month...I understand the pain that someone who is depressed and suicidal feels.
I'm sorry if what I say offends anyone here, but he has no guilt and no conscience for anyone. He is a mean and vile person. I could never imagine some of the things that were written in his "book" or the "goodbye" letters to his family, which were callous, hurtful, cruel and selfish, would help anyone come to terms with his suicide or their grief.
As someone earlier stated, maybe this is his thesis- if it is, I wouldn't be able to begin to express my anger at him. I would put him in the category of some of the worst offenders we read about on this site and what they've done to others.
I don't think I've read something and felt this way about anything or anyone before that has affected me as much as this has.

I hope his family and friends DON'T read those letters! I can't even fathom what it would do to me if someone I loved committed suicide and I received any one of those letters.

It's kind of confusing after reading, I think it was, his last post and he says 'let us take steps together though this crazy world.' Doesn't sound like someone is going to end their life unless he is trying throw them off the trail.

If you read all the letters and read chapter 10 of his book, you will understand why he posted on FB the way he did. He was trying to make everyone think he was ok. Not wanting to cause alarm to any of his family or friends.

In chapter 10, On page 306 of the book, he mentions he wanted to end his life before finals and didn't want to write his thesis. Interesting. The more I read the more I wonder if he just wanted to go off the grid. Wanting people to think he committed suicide.

I wonder if he had a car. If so, then wouldn't someone find his car eventually?

All jmo.

I have so much to say after reading a couple of chapters in his book and his letters, but I can't even begin to put all my thoughts and feelings into words. As someone who has suffered from depression for more than 20 years and being suicidal three times, as recently as this past month...I understand the pain that someone who is depressed and suicidal feels.
I'm sorry if what I say offends anyone here, but he has no guilt and no conscience for anyone. He is a mean and vile person. I could never imagine some of the things that were written in his "book" or the "goodbye" letters to his family, which were callous, hurtful, cruel and selfish, would help anyone come to terms with his suicide or their grief.
As someone earlier stated, maybe this is his thesis- if it is, I wouldn't be able to begin to express my anger at him. I would put him in the category of some of the worst offenders we read about on this site and what they've done to others.
I don't think I've read something and felt this way about anything or anyone before that has affected me as much as this has.

*hugs*
I am struggling to contain judgment (of him, not you!), i admit it.

As much as it pains me to say it, his "book" read like Elliott Rodgers' manifesto in some ways. Clearly, Kegan is (or was) very intelligent, self obsessed, and ill.

I'd also like to know more about the last FB entry where it is stated that it was written by a friend at Kegan's request. Who is this friend and why did he or she play along? Or perhaps that part was fictional, I don't know.

*hugs*

As much as it pains me to say it, his "book" read like Elliott Rodgers' manifesto in some ways. Clearly, Kegan is (or was) very intelligent, self obsessed, and ill.

I'd also like to know more about the last FB entry where it is stated that it was written by a friend at Kegan's request. Who is this friend and why did he or she play along? Or perhaps that part was fictional, I don't know.

He says the friend was his roommate. Instructions for his roommate are in the letters.

*hugs*

Good question, actually. Because he seems smart enough to know you can schedule a post in advance, and wouldn't need someone to do it on his behalf.

This reminds me of a friend I lost almost 10 years ago. Graduated from a great school in the Midwest, got a job, and the weekend before he was to start, he killed himself. He didn't want to go to work, didn't want the stress, etc.

Kegan clearly struggled in ways that most of us simply accept or find some kind of adaptation that allows us to live with what we have trouble accepting. The treatise/manifesto is pretty brazenly self-absorbed and he is probably correct to say that maintaining functional adult relationships would be difficult given his attitudes, especially if he comes off in person the way he comes off in his writings.

There has to be a co-morbid mental health diagnosis beyond depression - seems also reminiscent of obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar, or something similar - jmo.

I am sorry for your suffering. I really do understand where you are.

I agree with you that this is cruel and heartless as well as extremely self centered. Especially being facebooked pdfs and you tube as the medium it will never go away. It feels like manipulation rather than "easing the family's loss". If it's real... it is control from beyond the grave.

I am at a loss to understand this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This reminds me of a friend I lost almost 10 years ago. Graduated from a great school in the Midwest, got a job, and the weekend before he was to start, he killed himself. He didn't want to go to work, didn't want the stress, etc.

Kegan clearly struggled in ways that most of us simply accept or find some kind of adaptation that allows us to live with what we have trouble accepting. The treatise/manifesto is pretty brazenly self-absorbed and he is probably correct to say that maintaining functional adult relationships would be difficult given his attitudes, especially if he comes off in person the way he comes off in his writings.

There has to be a co-morbid mental health diagnosis beyond depression - seems also reminiscent of obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar, or something similar - jmo.

OCD crossed my mind too, like Roget and his synonyms!

I wonder if he had a car. If so, then wouldn't someone find his car eventually?

All jmo.

RSBM :)

Wondering if someone drove him? He mentions in chapter 10 that a friend will be delivering a letter to the anonymous donor of his college tuition. So he's possibly trusting someone to keep his plan quiet. But could he trust someone enough to not say where he is? He also mentions he will drive to an undisclosed location listening to his favorite music..so if he did drive where is his car?

I have to agree with what I bolded, after reading more of his book, I realized that when he talks about his emotions, it almost seems to sound like someone who is psychopathic or anti-social personality disorder.
I really hope they find him quickly and get him help ��

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back