GUILTY MI - Ramsay Scrivo, 32, found dismembered, St Clair County, 27 Jan 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
February 4, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Judge: St. Clair Shores mom charged with dismembering son was fit to be his guardian

George Hunter/The Detroit News

Mount Clemens — The judge who granted Donna Scrivo guardianship over her youngest son Ramsay in May said he questioned his decision after allegations surfaced this week that the woman dismembered her offspring.

But after reviewing the case file, Macomb Probate Judge Carl Marlinga said he was satisfied he’d made the right call.

“Certainly, I wondered about my decision after I heard the news,” Marlinga said. “But after the fact, I looked at the file and found there was nothing to suggest any mental health difficulties, or any ulterior motive at all. When you’re appointing a guardian, you can only go by the information you have available.” ...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140204/METRO03/302040102#ixzz2sSWdYGck

They had two docs, the mom and the brother all saying Ramsay needed help.

This is all so strange.

This is all so strange.

He probably did need help, i don't doubt that. She is completely insane though to think she will get away with killing him. Even paranoids have enemies and it seems like Ramsay had a big one

He probably did need help, i don't doubt that. She is completely insane though to think she will get away with killing him. Even paranoids have enemies and it seems like Ramsay had a big one

it is just so horrible to think that in the middle of his nightmare of paranoia, he was completely justified in his belief that someone was "out to get him", and the one person who should be doing everything they could to help him was really the one person who was doing everything they could to hurt him, instead.

there aren't enough bad things in the world that could happen to this evil woman.

This is all so strange.

The Judge's comment quoted above is regarding DS's mental health, not her son's. The Judge said there was no indication that DS had mental health issues, so she was granted temporary guardianship of Ramsay pending further investigation.

...“Certainly, I wondered about my decision after I heard the news,” Marlinga said. “But after the fact, I looked at the file and found there was nothing to suggest any mental health difficulties, or any ulterior motive at all. When you’re appointing a guardian, you can only go by the information you have available."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140204/METRO03/302040102#ixzz2sSeVSPFy

My SIL was diagnosed with that before she passed. It's an intestinal issue. She didn't have to have pain meds. If IRC, it's a condition where your bowels doesn't process corn and other foods correctly. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, both my dad and stepdad have that. Unpleasant at best.

it is just so horrible to think that in the middle of his nightmare of paranoia, he was completely justified in his belief that someone was "out to get him", and the one person who should be doing everything they could to help him was really the one person who was doing everything they could to hurt him, instead.

there aren't enough bad things in the world that could happen to this evil woman.

I'm not saying it is, but my mind keeps going to, Munchausen by proxy syndrome.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sick/munchausen.html

So they have found blood and bleach in the home and no murder charges are filed yet? I am pretty confident they will be...at some point.

So they have found blood and bleach in the home and no murder charges are filed yet? I am pretty confident they will be...at some point.

...Scrivo has not been charged with her son’s murder; police said at a news conference Tuesday that a murder investigation is ongoing.

Macomb County Medical Examiner Danial Spitz said Tuesday an autopsy has not been completed.

“That process is ongoing, as is the police investigation,” Spitz said.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140204/METRO03/302040102#ixzz2sSw3sj4m

I expect additional charges when the autopsy has been completed and cause of death is determined. :moo:

And in the vehicle featured on cctv too, I believe. Which Donna had transferred into her name (from her deceased husband's) and given away, just before her arrest.

...Scrivo has not been charged with her son’s murder; police said at a news conference Tuesday that a murder investigation is ongoing.

Macomb County Medical Examiner Danial Spitz said Tuesday an autopsy has not been completed.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140204/METRO03/302040102#ixzz2sSw3sj4m

I expect additional charges when the autopsy has been completed and cause of death is determined. :moo:

It seems so gruesome to dwell on it but that one missing limb - I can't help but think it was important and maybe key to working out how Ramsay died. Unless, heaven help us, it's still sitting in a garbage bag somewhere on the side of a road. I hope locals are still keeping a lookout.

The Judge's comment quoted above is regarding DS's mental health, not her son's. The Judge said there was no indication that DS had mental health issues, so she was granted temporary guardianship of Ramsay pending further investigation.

...“Certainly, I wondered about my decision after I heard the news,” Marlinga said. “But after the fact, I looked at the file and found there was nothing to suggest any mental health difficulties, or any ulterior motive at all. When you’re appointing a guardian, you can only go by the information you have available."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140204/METRO03/302040102#ixzz2sSeVSPFy

I agree she went with what she had available in her decision.. wonder what they did in their "pending further investigation" bit? I would like to see THAT

I agree she went with what she had available in her decision.. wonder what they did in their "pending further investigation" bit? I would like to see THAT

Yes, and it might be helpful to know how the doctors (mentioned in various articles) diagnosed Ramsay.

I hope Spitz is more thorough with Ramsay than he was with David Witlak, he missed bullet wounds....

Hackel also says his office will consult with Oakland County Medical Examiner L.J. Dragovic about the case. Dragovic’s office uncovered bullet wounds (missed by the initial Macomb County autopsy)in Widlak’s corpse during a second autopsy.

Meanwhile, Macomb County Commissioners are unhappy with the explanations given by county Medical Examiner Daniel Spitz for the botched review of Widlak’s remains.

The issue raises questions about the Macomb ME’s creditability and may impact future cases according to local defense attorney Charlie Langton.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/10/david_widlak_to_be_laid_to_res.html

I'm still wondering if someone else was involved in the murder. Maybe Donna's part was just to dump the body parts- which she didn't do a good job at.

It's hard to imagine that she took days to dismember the body and clean up the evidence, only to carelessly toss away the bags on the road, and in daylight- almost like she wanted to get caught. It seems to me that it could be two different minds at work here

What doesn't make sense to a logical mind doesn't mean the same thing to a crazy one. Why go to all the trouble of cleaning up and then donate your "missing" son's car while he is still missing? Logic just doesn't apply to her.

Some comments on the fox 2detroit news fb have friends of Ramsey saying he was not mentally ill and he was an accountant for Allstate

I hope Spitz is more thorough with Ramsay than he was with David Witlak, he missed bullet wounds....

Hackel also says his office will consult with Oakland County Medical Examiner L.J. Dragovic about the case. Dragovic’s office uncovered bullet wounds (missed by the initial Macomb County autopsy)in Widlak’s corpse during a second autopsy.

Meanwhile, Macomb County Commissioners are unhappy with the explanations given by county Medical Examiner Daniel Spitz for the botched review of Widlak’s remains.

The issue raises questions about the Macomb ME’s creditability and may impact future cases according to local defense attorney Charlie Langton.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/10/david_widlak_to_be_laid_to_res.html

I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I read who the ME was. I also searched for David's thread yesterday and couldn't even find it, but I remembered David's case and knew that Spitz had done the initial autopsy and missed the bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member