GUILTY MI - Ramsay Scrivo, 32, found dismembered, St Clair County, 27 Jan 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Judge's comment quoted above is regarding DS's mental health, not her son's. The Judge said there was no indication that DS had mental health issues, so she was granted temporary guardianship of Ramsay pending further investigation.

...“Certainly, I wondered about my decision after I heard the news,” Marlinga said. “But after the fact, I looked at the file and found there was nothing to suggest any mental health difficulties, or any ulterior motive at all. When you’re appointing a guardian, you can only go by the information you have available."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140204/METRO03/302040102#ixzz2sSeVSPFy

Nothing to indicate mental issues ,date stamped after her husbands death.
I think she is a narcissists.

http://thinklikeablackbelt.com/blog/signs-and-traits-of-emotional-predators/

I think this poor guy was bucking her attempts to label him and something else was going on to make him feel nuts (re: his feelings he was being poisoned). He got through college. He had his own place and started his own business. All these court documents are "she said" meaning the woman who allegedly chopped off his head and other body parts. I also reflect back on the house fire and the fact that some of the items in the bags were found, "charred".

I am so glad they are doing tox on this guy and based on how that detective was in the first court hearing I would imagine they are pulling all the stops out.

Oops I missed some of the earlier posts lol (still new/getting used to posting >.<).

EDIT: Just caught up; wow less than one day gone and so much happened! Y'all are good detectives!

Looks like a different GAL cited in BetteDavis Eyes' linked article: "Macomb County attorney and former judge Sheila Miller was appointed guardian ad litem..."
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140204/METRO03/302040102#ixzz2sTi5Q8GU

Ramsay would have had a court-appointed guardian ad litem to represent his interests at the guardianship hearing. When my husband became legal guardian for my (mentally incapacitated) sister, she was interviewed by a court-appointed attorney to make sure that she approved of her BIL becoming her legal guardian. I'm sure that Ramsay was afforded the same opportunity, and perhaps that is the reason that DS was granted a "temporary" guardianship with ongoing investigation of Mother in the interim. Ramsay himself might have expressed reservations regarding his mother becoming his guardian, but his attorney was unable to prevent the temporary guardianship appointment. It's possible that DS was afraid of what her son might have indicated to the court and feared that the guardianship would not be permanent. We know what happened next. :moo:

Right... but yesterday I was looking at, from the Sept 23, 2013 petition for guardianship, a M. Decarolis as the petitioner; a social worker presumed to be an GAL. Miller is/was mentioned in your linked article as the GAL. Maybe there were two. IDK. Thanks!

What if it didn't start when Mr. S died. Her mom died in Jan maybe she lost it then and killed Mr. S. Maybe RS got money from grandma when she died. I keep thinking he didn't have any problem until DS invented them for him. Some reason she wanted control of him.

My own story is my sister in-law had my brother in-law and husband convinced I was depressed. Heck they had me believing something was wrong with me went to the doctor got pills. After that she could see I was getting better . The joke is on her I never took any medicine I deleted her from facebook and stopped having anything at all to do with her. Before she was deleted it got to the point were if I walked into a she was in I offended her., And she would cry for days to her husband. I offered to offend her is she kept her crap up if my presents offend her I ask him to image what would happen if I said something to her. She getting counseling now is medicated and he don't leave side when I am around. The whole point of this is she has something wrong with her and tried her hardest to make it look like it was me. To the point I almost believed it was me .

Ramsay would have had a court-appointed guardian ad litem to represent his interests at the guardianship hearing. When my husband became legal guardian for my (mentally incapacitated) sister, she was interviewed by a court-appointed attorney to make sure that she approved of her BIL becoming her legal guardian. I'm sure that Ramsay was afforded the same opportunity, and perhaps that is the reason that DS was granted a "temporary" guardianship with ongoing investigation of Mother in the interim. Ramsay himself might have expressed reservations regarding his mother becoming his guardian, but his attorney was unable to prevent the temporary guardianship appointment. It's possible that DS was afraid of what her son might have indicated to the court and feared that the guardianship would not be permanent. We know what happened next. :moo:
I know! and there are links in the media thread that he was expected to refute it shortly (re: his mother becoming GAL) also, it would seem that at first he did not have an attorney and perhaps he obtained one after that? He may have had one assigned but he never got to have his day in court that was scheduled. I think she was afraid of what would come out at this point. That is just my thoughts at this point

I think it all started long ago.. I think something is seriously wrong here.

I am wondering if the darker appearance of the skin was due to being placed outside after death but before disposal. Would skin "freezer burn"? Though I know neighbors saw her taking bags out of house. Just thinking besides fire what would make skin darken.

I figure she assumed no one would notice her dumping bags where she dumped them. Her home area is totally populated. A lot of people think the dump area as farm land (isolated) I also think she wanted it as gruesome as possible to make it seem like some "crazy" person did that to him. I mean fire, suicide, meds, as well as heart condition (of dad)have already been presented in her life recently, she had to make it seem separate from these other seemingly real life issues. Imo.

Love how smart she thought she was. Hefting bags out her truck window, like that's so normal out there in farm country. Donating vehicles...

One thing she said that is true is that she has upper body strength. I wouldn't br able to throw bags of body parts out of a car window. Especially the torso. He was a big man

Also excuse my ignorance but what does GAL stand for? i'm presuming the G has something to do with guardianship.

I know! and there are links in the media thread that he was expected to refute it shortly (re: his mother becoming GAL) also, it would seem that at first he did not have an attorney and perhaps he obtained one after that? He may have had one assigned but he never got to have his day in court that was scheduled. I think she was afraid of what would come out at this point. That is just my thoughts at this point

This is just a guess on my part, but there are specific stipulations regarding the guardian's management of the mentally incapacitated individual's financial assets. DS was likely insisting upon overseeing all of her son's affairs, and he didn't want her to be in control of his money. :moo:

http://www.pekdadvocacy.com/documents/guardian/Handbook-for-Guardians-of-Adults.pdf

Stated previously, DS was joined by 2nd son/R's brother and another woman to testify in court re guardianship. IF she created this set up, I wonder how she got brother and woman to support her in attempt to obtain guardianship. Also curious, that same time husband suddenly passes, house burns, DS goes after guardianship of RS, 2nd son early retires and moves. One would think if he knew his brother was in such bad shape, and the family has been traumatized by death & family home being destroyed, you'd stick around and help. Just saying'.

This is just a guess on my part, but there are specific stipulations regarding the guardian's management of the mentally incapacitated individual's financial assets. DS was likely insisting upon overseeing all of her son's affairs, and he didn't want her to be in control of his money. :moo:

http://www.pekdadvocacy.com/documents/guardian/Handbook-for-Guardians-of-Adults.pdf

http://www.minbcnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=1002468

The judge says Scrivo wanted his mother as guardian.

http://www.minbcnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=1002468

The judge says Scrivo wanted his mother as guardian.

Given that the Judge granted only the "temporary" guardianship while alluding to "ongoing investigation" of DS, there must have been some issues that Ramsay didn't favor. Since money appears to be at the forefront in this case, it's possible that DS wanted control of her son's finances as a term of the legal guardianship. He might have agreed to having Mother supervise his medical/mental health treatment but didn't want to relinquish control of his bank accounts, credit cards, etc. When a legal guardian takes over their ward's finances, the individual loses his/her sense of independence and personal identity. :moo:

While he has served as legal guardian for my sister for nearly 20 years, DH only recently took control of my sister's finances because she has been further incapacitated by multiple myeloma and is unable to manage her own affairs.

Just read on FB that someone found Ramsay's cell phone on their street (it had been thrown out). They powered it up to call the last 2 #'s and they found out he was missing. I'm trying to find out what day that was.

Just read on FB that someone found Ramsay's cell phone on their street (it had been thrown out). They powered it up to call the last 2 #'s and they found out he was missing. I'm trying to find out what day that was.
That's going to be important info for LE. It will help establish a timeline.

Has there been any other rumors via FB that his items were found? The post on FB that I mentioned is true, it was found specifically in their drive way and they did not know him. The phone was turned over to LE.

Sounds like Mommy dearest drove around throwing his personal items out at random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd