GUILTY MI - Renisha McBride, 19, shot while trying to get help, Detroit, Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
yeah i didnt think they would get above manslaughter, but it looks like they reject his claim of accidental discharge, and they reject his claim of imminent danger, and feel like they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Well, I have to say I'm glad he's been charged. Now a jury can decide, which is what should happen IMO when someone loses their life like this.

The Pros said he shot her through a closed and locked screen door, and there were no signs of forced entry.

I'm going to keep an open mind and wait until any more info comes out, but at least charges have been filed and this can move to a court room where it should be.

All MOO

being somewhat paranoid .. protecting your property, house, yours etc IN DETROIT (or close by there) ... - one can see a chance of something like this occurring some day.

thanx karmady, i was just clearing up that he isnt charged with having the firearm illegally, just charged with using it in the commission of a crime.

yes, very confusing.. as not a lot of details released.

I'm going to assume that there is sufficient evidence for these charges because Kym Worthy doesn't file charges on a whim. She is known to make certain that the Is are dotted and the Ts are crossed before announcing formal charges in high profile cases.

I'm going to assume that there is sufficient evidence for these charges because Kym Worthy doesn't file charges on a whim. She is known to make certain that the Is are dotted and the Ts are crossed before announcing formal charges in high profile cases.

I agree.

Well, I have to say I'm glad he's been charged. Now a jury can decide, which is what should happen IMO when someone loses their life like this.

The Pros said he shot her through a closed and locked screen door, and there were no signs of forced entry.
I'm going to keep an open mind and wait until any more info comes out, but at least charges have been filed and this can move to a court room where it should be.

All MOO

~bbm

Thanks, I didn't get to watch the presser and I've been wanting an answer to that all along.

So tlc and liljim, amazingly, we did get an answer to that question, if no others!

thanx karmady, i was just clearing up that he isnt charged with having the firearm illegally, just charged with using it in the commission of a crime.

Oh, I know. Just jumping off your post to give more info on that charge. I didn't get to hear the presser, but my assumption would have been that it's a felony firearm charge.

being somewhat paranoid .. protecting your property, house, yours etc IN DETROIT (or close by there) ... - one can see a chance of something like this occurring some day.

we have to wait for details Dman.

Homeowner faces several charges in connection with murder of Renisha McBride

Renisha McBride shot to death in Dearborn Heights on Nov. 2

Author: Lisa Ray, Managing Editor, ClickOnDetroit.com, lray@wdiv.com

Published On: Nov 15 2013 11:07:57 AM EST Updated On: Nov 15 2013 11:22:53 AM EST

Chris Welch/CNN

DEARBORN HEIGHTS, Mich. -
Theodore Wafer, 54, has been charged with the murder of Renisha McBride.

The criminal charges Wafer faces include:
•Murder in second degree
•Manslaughter
•Posession of a firearm during a felony

He could be arraigned as early as Friday afternoon...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ide/-/1719418/22988812/-/75kcbyz/-/index.html

Kym Worthy Announces Second Degree Murder Charge In Renisha McBride Death

November 15, 2013 11:04 AM

By Christy Strawser, digital director

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) Theodore Paul Wafer, 54, is charged with second-degree murder, manslaughter and a felony firearm charge in the shooting death of Renisha McBride, 19, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced during a press conference Friday.

Wafer had reportedly told police he killed McBride — whom Worthy described as “bleeding and disoriented” after a car crash — in self defense...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/11...ls-of-renisha-mcbride-investigation/#comments

not gonna follow this one TOO CLOSELY ...

.. GZ one was enough for me ... :)

They better keep enough resources for Bob Bashara prosecution there ....... ;)

I am thinking the same thing. My energy level for trial involvement was exhausted with GZ.
I do think this will be a man's home is his castle self defense.

me three, going into lurk mode. I don't have it in me.

My initial reaction to 'possession of a firearm' was annoyance/anger, but I'm sure they have a reason for it, like as mentioned earlier, maybe he isn't supposed to own/possess firearms due to a previous conviction or something.

Will hold out for more details.

Three charges: Second degree murder. Manslaughter. Possession of a firearm.

I call BS on these charges. Has nothing to do with race. Ms. Worthy you just lost me as a champian of you. KMA

BTW a disclaimer: My Grandaughter's other Grandma's murderer is on trial this week in Icktriot. The Proscueuter just called and gave me an update. Google Margaret Theut. Awesome Prosecuter, awesome Detective who never gave up. I've met them both. CAN YOU SAY JUSTICE? I know all the evidence, b*tch better get life with no parole. Because of her( Tita, Teresa) my Grandaughter has to go on without her.

You are wrong Ms. Worthy. IMO

My initial reaction to 'possession of a firearm' was annoyance/anger, but I'm sure they have a reason for it, like as mentioned earlier, maybe he isn't supposed to own/possess firearms due to a previous conviction or something.

Will hold out for more details.

The charge is possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony. So no previous convictions are necessary with that charge.

Irisha I am sorry for your grandaughter's loss and will pray for justice for her tita.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back