GUILTY MI - Renisha McBride, 19, shot while trying to get help, Detroit, Nov 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was she actively trying to get into his house? If that were me, I would have stayed behind closed doors and called the police, I would not even open the door for someone.

JMO

Was she actively trying to get into his house? If that were me, I would have stayed behind closed doors and called the police, I would not even open the door for someone.

JMO

Not a lot of details yet and not sure we can ever know exactly how it went down.

I don't really understand how the proximity to Detroit is relevant. I also don't understand this idea that if knocking on your door at 3:30 AM, then OMG, it must be someone from Detroit trying to break-in. Could it be a home invasion? Possibly, but why does it have to be someone from Detroit? The suburbs around Detroit have low crime rates, showing that people committing crimes in Detroit are staying within their neighborhood and not venturing out. Plus, this website is filled with cases of murderers who live in suburbs and small towns.

I'm shocked she didn't kill herself or someone else with that BAC.

MOO

The crime rate in Dearborn Heights is below the national average. There was one murder in 2011 so I see no reason why he would be justified in being paranoid that a home invasion was about to happen.

If this dude was invading homes in my area, I'd be very afraid:

~snipped by me

Dearborn Heights Cpl. Mark Parrinello said detectives are preparing warrant requests in four Dearborn Heights home invasions and continue to interview other home invasion victims in hopes of turning up more cases Terry could have been involved in. Investigators said they believe he's responsible for upwards of 20 home invasions in Dearborn Heights alone.

http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2012/03/05/news/doc4f4d1d7571494382142626.txt

jmo

I'm shocked she didn't kill herself or someone else with that BAC.

MOO

:tyou: DH worked in Detroit until just a few years ago, and we continue to enjoy the cultural, dining, entertainment, and sports that the city has to offer. We've had season tickets to the symphony, theatre, and/or opera for many years and enjoy occasional Tigers and Red Wings games.

I'm sorry if anyone is taking my disdain for Detroit personally. It's not a personal bias I have against Detroit. It's just that it's ranked in the top five cities for crime, if not the top one or two, on a consistent basis. There's no denying it's a very dangerous place and more dangerous than a lot of other cities.

In this report it's no. one for 2013 for cities over 500k

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2012/CityCrime2013_CityCrimeRankingsFactSheet.pdf

In this article from 2013 it's No. 2, right after Flint (which also is no 1 for cities its size on the last link). And there are many others where this one came from.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-cities-in-america-2013-6#2-detroit-mich-24

We know he shot through the door, and I think it was determined that Renisha was shot in the back of the head? So it sounds to me like either she was knocking and ringing the doorbell, no one was answering, and then he fired the shot through the door OR he was screaming for her to go away, and as she left, he fired the shot.

I'm sorry if anyone is taking my disdain for Detroit personally. It's not a personal bias I have against Detroit. It's just that it's ranked in the top five cities for crime, if not the top one or two, on a consistent basis. There's no denying it's a very dangerous place and more dangerous than a lot of other cities.

In this report it's no. one for 2013 for cities over 500k

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2012/CityCrime2013_CityCrimeRankingsFactSheet.pdf

In this article from 2013 it's No. 2, right after Flint (which also is no 1 for cities its size on the last link). And there are many others where this one came from.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-cities-in-america-2013-6#2-detroit-mich-24

But this didn't happen in Detroit. It happened in a suburb. A completely different town with a different government, police department, school district, etc. This is not the inner city.

welp he said it himself in the 911 call........" I just shot someone BANGING on my door.

The crime rate in Dearborn Heights is below the national average. There was one murder in 2011 so I see no reason why he would be justified in being paranoid that a home invasion was about to happen.

so if you are home alone and someone attempts to break into your house, by your logic, your response should be dictated by the home invasion statistics in your neighborhood?

obviously this has never happened to lucky you.

We know he shot through the door, and I think it was determined that Renisha was shot in the back of the head? So it sounds to me like either she was knocking and ringing the doorbell, no one was answering, and then he fired the shot through the door OR he was screaming for her to go away, and as she left, he fired the shot.

he fired thru the screen door (which was locked), the interior door was open.

and she was shot in the front of her face, not the back of the head.

But this didn't happen in Detroit. It happened in a suburb. A completely different town with a different government, police department, school district, etc. This is not the inner city.

Like I said in prior posts. Drive-by type shootings may not be as prevalent in the burbs as they are in the inner city, but home invasions in close-in suburbs of high crime cities are common. This guy's house was right on the border, so he was VERY close in. It is what it is.

jmo

Like I said in prior posts. Drive-by type shootings may not be as prevalent in the burbs as they are in the inner city, but home invasions in close-in suburbs of high crime cities are common. This guy's house was right on the border, so he was VERY close in. It is what it is.

jmo

I looked up his address, and it doesn't look like he was on the border with Detroit. In fact, it looks like he would have to drive through Dearborn to get to Detroit. It looks to be about a 20-minute drive to get into Detroit. So it doesn't seem like he was living that close to some high-crime inner city.

well its gonna be the shooters word that he got scared and feared for his life against an argument that he should not have felt so.

personally i dont see how the state convinces 11 reasonable people that IT knows how the guy felt.

McBride was killed by a shotgun blast to the face as she stood on the front porch of a Dearborn Heights, Mich., home in the early morning hours of Nov. 2 after she had apparently been in a car accident. The death was ruled a homicide and Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy has said she is considering all the evidence in the case before making a decision about whether to charge the unidentified 54-year-old homeowner who shot her.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...when-she-was-shot-to-death-by-mich-homeowner/

to clear up misinformation that came out early on in the case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back