GUILTY MI - Renisha McBride, 19, shot while trying to get help, Detroit, Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think we owe it to the man to find out exactly why he felt she was a threat. I'm thinking RM thought she was home and tried to get in through the door. The homeowner may have felt she was high on drugs. We only have part of the picture. We definitely need more information and maybe let this play out a little to see what happens. jmo

BBM

THIS.

Guys, we are not going to permit biases based on personal experiences to dominate this discussion. We're not going there. Period.

All we really know is that a beautiful girl is dead. We're not going to ASSUME what the homeowner who shot her was thinking at the time. We're just not.

I know it is hard to wait on more information to come forward but that is what we have to do in almost every case here. Let's see what unfolds and give people the benefit of the doubt before mercilessly crucifying the man, okay?

FYI - there are a lot of mods watching this case. We're not going to put up with a bunch of racially charged posts inciting this thread when we have NO information that suggests that is the case.

have heard noting on tox yet LadyL. usually takes forever for that stuff to come back. Hoping they are rushing it so at least we will have definitive answers on that result one way or another.

her parents were told initially that she was dumped there..
in my never to be humble opinion if this person had acted within reason they was no reason to LIE.

her parents were told initially that she was dumped there..
in my never to be humble opinion if this person had acted within reason they was no reason to LIE.

It is still a mystery why initial reports say she was dumped. However, the homeowner did call 911 and say he thought he shot someone on the porch. He did not lie....

It also doesn't mean that she wasn't at the door. It could just as easily mean that the homeowner wasn't at the door. The link referring to the 911 call says the homeowner says he thinks he shot someone on his porch. jmo

They showed a picture of his house, small, brick, modest, small porch.

It is still a mystery why initial reports say she was dumped. However, the homeowner did call 911 and say he thought he shot someone on the porch. He did not lie....

somebody lied i'll go with him for now...
my understanding of the timeline is he called but quite some time later??

somebody lied i'll go with him for now...
my understanding of the timeline is he called but quite some time later??

Or maybe someone gave the family misinformation based on the fact that the body was found shot some time and distance from the crashed car. Or maybe the family assumed that was the case for the same reason. The family also said she had been shot in the back of the head when she was actually shot in the face. Did someone lie to them about that, as well?

jmo

Why do you think he lied? TIA

well it's either he did or LE attempted to cover up a crime.

my speculation is that he told that story initially and then when he saw it would not hold up the 911 call was put in.

Or maybe someone gave the family misinformation based on the fact that the body was found shot some time and distance from the crashed car. Or maybe the family assumed that was the case for the same reason. The family also said she had been shot in the back of the head when she was actually shot in the face. Did someone lie to them about that, as well?

jmo

i believed it was confirmed that the family was told she was dumped there.
with regards to the gunshot i assume there was so much destuction it was hard to tell where she was shot.

well it's either he did or LE attempted to cover up a crime.

my speculation is that he told that story initially and then when he saw it would not hold up the 911 call was put in.

Thanks so much. I too am a bit skeptical.

i believed it was confirmed that the family was told she was dumped there.
with regards to the gunshot i assume there was so much destuction it was hard to tell where she was shot.

I haven't seen whether the dumping part is confirmed or not, but the 911 call article has the homeowner saying he thinks he shot someone on his porch. So he's obviously not the one who said she was dumped there, if anyone did.

Wrt to the gunshot. Being hard to tell is a lot different than she was shot in the back of the head - i.e., that she was shot while retreating.

jmo

I haven't seen whether the dumping part is confirmed or not, but the 911 call article has the homeowner saying he thinks he shot someone on his porch. So he's obviously not the one who said she was dumped there, if anyone did.

Wrt to the gunshot. Being hard to tell is a lot different than she was shot in the back of the head - i.e., that she was shot while retreating.

jmo

this is what i read and so far it has not been refuted by LE..
not sure how to post links but here goes.

http://Prosecutors looking into why Renisha McBride was shot to death in Dearborn Heights

Dearborn Heights police believe Renisha McBride, 19, was shot in self-defense as the shooter believed she was an intruder. Her family was initially told by police that her body was "dumped" and discovered near Warren Avenue and Outer Drive, but now police are saying she died on the man's front porch.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...ot-to-death-in-dearborn-heights#ixzz2kXTCH31Y

to be clear i don't think this man got up one day and decided to muder an unarmed woman..

but some "mistakes' you still have to pay for.

this is what i read and so far it has not been refuted by LE..
not sure how to post links but here goes.

http://Prosecutors looking into why Renisha McBride was shot to death in Dearborn Heights

Here is a very early story saying she was dumped. This is very perplexing for sure. Of course the whole case is. She had a very severe accident before 1am. She ended on this man's porch around 4:30am. He clothes were wet and she was not wearing shoes. Police arrived on the scene at 4:46am and the dispatcher says on the 911 tape that the homeowner said "I think I shot someone on my porch.." This article came out well after that.. so I am not sure who was disseminating false information. Very bizzare. I do believe they may not have put the two incidents together at first (the car crash and the shooting) because she left the scene and the cops cleared it and towed the car well before the shooting.. I also wonder how they even knew her name. According to the autopsy report, she did not have an ID or cell phone on her at the time. Still many unanswered questions.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23865365/womans-body-dumped-in-dearborn-heights

not to be too graphic, but generally a shotgun IME does a lot more damage to flesh bone and cartilage than certain other weapons. Also a big variable is the proximity of shooter to victim.

http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/GUNS/GUNINJ.html

http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/forensicsgunshotwounds.html

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/entrance-and-exit-wounds.html

http://www.relentlessdefense.com/forensics/gunshot-wounds/

A little light reading on entry and exit wounds and how different they can be depending on weapon, proximity, etc.

I can imagine in a catastrophic injury such as a head shot, it is my opinion there would be a lot of blood, which would make initial persons on the scene unsure if they were viewing an exit or entry wound.

One must also remember that in early hours after something like this, reports are inaccurate. There is a rush to get the story, neighbors, bystanders etc are interviewed because LE frankly is far too busy working the scene to give press statements or factual info.

What you end up with is a lot of inaccurate, got there first with a headline, type news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob
Back