GUILTY MI - Renisha McBride, 19, shot while trying to get help, Detroit, Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
not to be too graphic, but generally a shotgun IME does a lot more damage to flesh bone and cartilage than certain other weapons. Also a big variable is the proximity of shooter to victim.

http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/GUNS/GUNINJ.html

http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/forensicsgunshotwounds.html

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/entrance-and-exit-wounds.html

http://www.relentlessdefense.com/forensics/gunshot-wounds/

A little light reading on entry and exit wounds and how different they can be depending on weapon, proximity, etc.

I can imagine in a catastrophic injury such as a head shot, it is my opinion there would be a lot of blood, which would make initial persons on the scene unsure if they were viewing an exit or entry wound.

I'm definitely not an expert at interpreting autopsy reports, but I'm not seeing anything about an exit wound in the written part, and there's no exit wound diagrammed anywhere that I saw. jmo

I'm definitely not an expert at interpreting autopsy reports, but I'm not seeing anything about an exit wound in the written part, and there's no exit wound diagrammed anywhere that I saw. jmo

my point still stands. Untrained onlookers can think they know what the are seeing and since they are untrained they could make assumptions about whether the wound(s) they are seeing indicate she shot was from the front or behind. It is my assertion that those sort of onlookers are where the shot from behind business in initial reports may have come from.

The autopsy is clear. She was shot from the front, in the face, and I am not debating that fact. I am simply trying to explain how very easily initial reports about what happened that night could be VERY different from teh actual facts of the case.

Reporters are not Medical Examiners, nor are neighbors, onlookers or passersby.

from the autopsy report:

"There was an entrance shotgun wound to the face, with no evidence of close range discharge of a firearm noted on teh skin surrounding the wound. The wound tract passed through the soft tissue and bones of the face and entered the brain. Associated with this injury were skull fractures and bleeding around the brain. The wound track was from front to back and right to left. Multiple pellets and fragments of wad were recovered from the brain and retained."

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/818001-mcbride-autopsy.html#document/p1

This would SEEM to indicate the shotgun blast entered her face and them bounced around in her skull doing lots of damages and fragmenting as it went.

MOO this makes for a messy scene, where people could make a lot of assumptions that are incorrect and reporters ran with it.

So I just saw a pic of her house, side by side with the house she ended up at, and they look VERY VERY much alike. It could explain a lot!

I haven't been following this case closely (yet) but maybe no one "lied." I'm sure they were trying to figure out how she got there and given that she didn't have shoes, maybe the assumption was that she had been abducted and dropped off (or "dumped") by an assailant or angry boyfriend?

3 hours after the accident she is on the strangers porch....was she somewhere else after the accident?what was she doing for 3 hours? was she unconscious the whole time?

its almost 4 hours from accident to shooting;

12:57am is the initial call about the accident.

4:46am is the call from the homeowner reporting the shooting.

although she did return to the scene of the accident after some time and then leave again (reported as 1:23am)

so you are correct - if we round off and say she left the scene the second time at 1:30'ish and arrived at the property at 4:30'ish that is 3+ hours unexplained.

the similarity of renisha's own house and the home where the shooting took place is absolutely remarkable. if, as suspected, she suffered a concussion, she could have easily thought it was her house.

interesting to note tho - the autopsy did not mention any head trauma other than the shotgun wound, although maybe that masked any blow to the head from car accident? also, you can suffer a severe concussive blow without any significant bruising externally.

Could it be possible that from the impact of the shotgun in her face she turned and fell face down and that is why LE may have initially thought she was shot in the back of the head?

Do we we know how her body was found laying after the shooting? Face up, face down? I truly do think the reports of her being shot from behind comes from however her body was laying and probably so much blood and gore on and around her head area probably obscured a lot. I think assumptions were made and the press ran with it.

Prosecutors Mull Charges In Shooting Death Of Renisha McBride

November 14, 2013 6:22 AM

DEARBORN HEIGHTS (AP) - Prosecutors said Wednesday that they are reviewing possible charges against a metro Detroit homeowner in the shooting death of a 19-year-old woman on his porch earlier this month after police provided additional material they had requested.

Earlier this week, the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office said it had begun a warrant review process related to the Nov. 2 death of Renisha McBride, who was shot in the face outside a Dearborn Heights home in the early morning hours. The office said Wednesday that Dearborn Heights police have provided them with “additional investigation” material that will assist in their review of the case...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/11...charges-in-shooting-death-of-renisha-mcbride/

thanx for the link!

no news tho, just saying they are still reviewing the case. (they just talked about it, 30 seconds tops, no new info)

The "tease" on the 5:00 news suggested that there would be new information at 6:00. It obviously didn't amount to much. :rolleyes:

Could it be possible that from the impact of the shotgun in her face she turned and fell face down and that is why LE may have initially thought she was shot in the back of the head?

definitely possible.

that statement and the "body was dumped" statement came from the family, they said that the police told them those two things. the police addressed the location of the shot (that it was to the front of the face by the mouth) directly and said they didnt know where the family got the idea that it was to the back of the head. they did not, as far as i have seen, directly respond to the comment about the body being dumped somewhere.

so i cant say for sure whether police may have initially thought that, or whether it was some miscommunication or bad information given to the family.

I don't think LE ever thought that. Where did that rumor come from or that the body was dumped.

my guess is neighborhood/onlooker gossip and 2nd and 3rd hand info.

News conference Friday to discuss Dearborn Heights porch shooting

Prosecutors plan Friday news conference about porch shooting death of 19-year-old Renisha McBride

Author:

Published On: Nov 14 2013 12:47:56 PM EST Updated On: Nov 14 2013 12:56:58 PM EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ing/-/1719418/22971802/-/okckspz/-/index.html

November 14, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Worthy to make announcement Friday in McBride case

Oralandar Brand-Williams /The Detroit News

Detroit— Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy will make an announcement Friday in the high-profile fatal shooting case of 19-year-old Renisha McBride, her office announced Thursday.

“Prosecutor Kym L. Worthy will hold a press conference on Friday, November 15, 2013, at 11:00 a.m. to make an announcement in the Renisha McBride homicide case,” according to Worthy’s spokeswoman Maria Miller.”

The prosecutor’s office has not said whether Friday’s news announcement is about whether charges will be filed in the case.

McBride was fatally shot in the face with a shotgun Nov. 2 by a Dearborn Heights homeowner, 54, on his porch in the 16800 block of Outer Drive...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131114/METRO01/311140105#ixzz2ke1e5WPJ

I was reading some MSM articles released today that were flagrantly stating false facts ie Time article stating the car broke down and she was seeking help. I don't know if it was bad investigative reporting or they just don't care what the print. Then I came across this voice of reason from the Detroit Free Press.
"Editorial: In Renisha McBride case, try to remain calm until we have the facts"

http://www.freep.com/article/201311...cBride-shooting-dearborn-heights-detroit-race

thanks button did not suffice yoda.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back