MI MI - Ruth Hoffman, 44, River Rouge, 30 June 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Debbie,
Im sorry to hear about your uncle, I will keep all of you in my prayers. Have a safe trip. God Bless all of you.

HI DancingDaisy & Jannuncutt,

Thank both of you for your kind words,I am running back and forth to the computer from packing and trying not to forget everything and I have to get my meds from my doctor called in so I can go and i am trying my best not to lose it and i am trying to remember all the board I have mom on to let them know as well and my mind is a blank.

I came across this tonight on our local area bulletin board. Did a preliminary search here and couldn't find anything. Not sure why it hit me the way it did, but does this woman's description ring a bell w/ anything someone has read? More info here from her daughter. I haven't done too much more than read the site itself so if someone finds more please let me know.

http://www.geocities.com/ruthhoffmanmissing/

Thanks -

Do any of you websluethers live in the area that can post her flyers around al the grocery stores since she was seen at one?

HI Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on lately but I am very i'll and I am in stage two of liver failure and I need another shunt put in my head.
But I finally got Mom's story on America's Most Wanted and I wanted to let you know, the officer that is handling the case isn't doing nothing at all.
I want to thank all of you whom have been there for me, I hope you all have a safe and happy holidays.
Here is the link to amw.
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm? :clap: id=40811

Hug's Deb.

Debbie--I've been thinking of you ever since I read your post last night. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am glad you have a loving husband by your side.

I think your mom would probably be collecting SSI (disability) benefits by now. Maybe, knowing your situation, someone there would have a heart and check the records?

Debbie,

You are in my prayers, as is your whole family and your mother.

I'm sorry that you are having health problems Debbie. When are you having the shunt put in? I just thought for sure that you would have found your mom by now. Seems like things were looking up at one point. Are they going to do your mom's story on AMW?

I hope that you get to feeling better and that you manage to have a nice Christmas. I'll say a prayer for you. Take care.

Debbie,

Have you gone thru the Social Security Office??? If you know the names that your mother was using, including her maiden name, birthdate,etc....You write a letter to her, I dont remember if the envelope was to be sealed or not--then you place that into another envelope and take it to the local social security office, and they will take the letter and forward it to your mother.

My father was looking for his sister, one that he had not seen in 30 years or so, and his siblings claimed that no one knew where she was, he found her that way. The ss office called my dad the next day to say that they had found her and if she wanted to contact him then it would be her choice.

And an old man that I knew was looking for his daughter that he had not seen in 25 years, found her thru the ss office, and she and I have had a friendship now for about 6 years. She also was found the very next day.

Good luck in your search.

Cindy.

Ruth, (my Mother, Ruth Sharon Hoffman) was a wonderful woman, who got dealt a bad hand early off in life.

She took that bad hand and turned it into a royal flush. Her mom had 11 children and had to put most of them into foster care..

My mom was one of the first ones to get out of foster care and get a job. Then she met my dad and they instantly fell in love. They were married within two months. Then, they worked together getting her siblings out of foster care..

They took them (her siblings) one by one until they could find a job and an apartment. My mom has done so much good in her life..

Everyone loved her and she loved everyone. She was always helping someone, even people she did not know. This woman had a voice like an angel, and even taught herself how to play the piano..

Pastor Jimmy Anderson wants her to come back and rejoin the church. He says they miss her singing and piano playing..

Pastor Jimmy is a friend of the family..

Back to my Mom and Dad.....

http://www.progressiveu.org/225937-missing-ruth-hoffmans-story

HAs anyone heared from debbieLynn since NOVEMBER 2006 ??

Her last logon was that date and she said she was very ill :(

Gosh I hope nothing has happened to her :(

I wonder what is happening with her mums case - I came across the website she did for her mum...

I am going to send her a email via here and see whether she answers..

:( what a sad story all of this is :(

Was the owner of the bar ever arrested ?

HI Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on lately but I am very i'll and I am in stage two of liver failure and I need another shunt put in my head.
But I finally got Mom's story on America's Most Wanted and I wanted to let you know, the officer that is handling the case isn't doing nothing at all.
I want to thank all of you whom have been there for me, I hope you all have a safe and happy holidays.
Here is the link to amw.
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm? :clap: id=40811

Hug's Deb.

Debbie - I hope you're still here and doing well! I just read your Mom's entire thread today, although I have seen her beautiful face in searching for other missing people. I have a few thoughts about this case, if you don't mind....

I'm curious as to why Ruth was wearing a leather jacket when she left that day. Wouldn't it have been hot and humid in Michigan in June?

Why would Ruth have needed a DPT shot shortly after she went missing? DPT shots are normally given in childhood. Maybe it was for a job? For what other reasons would an adult need a DPT immunization?

I may have missed this, but I do believe all of the names Ruth might use should be listed on her "official" website. Both the medical center receipt and the ticket are under different last names. If she is using her real first name but different last names, it may help to find her.

I believe the picture on Ruth's missing poster should show her dimples! When I'm looking for missing people, I always focus on one particular feature that is unique and won't change drastically with age. In Ruth's case, I believe it's her beautiful dimples! She looks very young and pissed off in the picture used on that poster.

Is Ruth's DNA in CODIS?

And finally, is there any chance that Ruth "took care" of the pieces of s**t that hurt her and that's why she took off?

I truly believe (and hope!) Ruth is alive somewhere. Debbie - can you tell us how close the towns where she was "spotted" are to where she left?

I also believe that what happened to her may very likely have pushed her over the edge emotionally. If she was already suffering from a chemical imbalance and possible depression, she may have just disconnected from her reality. Can't really say I blame her.

Is Ruth still listed as missing? The links for Charly's project and doenetwork did not work for me? I was able to read the AMW site.

Prayers for Debbie and Ruth,

Salem

Good luck Debbie! Did you get a chance to follow up on the name Ruth Sharon Russie (the name on drivers license in PA)? My grandfather disappeared years ago and we never found out what happened, so I know how frustrating it can be. Don't get discouraged by people who ask offensive questions- this type of forum can be very helpful when you are looking for someone.

I just read your mom's story. From her website, it appears the last time she
received SSI or SSD was in 1989.
Have you asked SSA to see if she received regular social security
at 62 or 65?
Is she listed in the SSA death index? I know that is not what you want to hear, but it might bring some peace of mind.
You don't absolutely have to have her social security number.
You may know all the ins and outs of getting your mom's information out of Social Security Administration, but here is a link to what you need to provide to them:
http://http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rwguide/lesson10.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rwguide/lesson10.htm

Also, I found there is a cold case unit in the MI state police.
Link: http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1584_3471_7120-129323--,00.html

And I did find a MI unidentified person. The face is reconstructed.
The person has full cheeks and went missing around the time you last heard from her.
I am unsure if I should post that here. I don't want to cause you any distress.
But, you have been very determined to find out what happened to your mom. I will post the link. You choose if you want to check things out. Okay?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/34ufmi.html

I hope that you find the answers to your mom's disappearance soon.

Ruth's Charley Project page says public records indicate she was alive as recently as 2003:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hoffman_ruth.html

I really don't know where to turn next without more info. I hope Debbie is okay and will join us here again soon....
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for this. I usually check charley project and did not in this case.
If she was alive in 2003 and whereabouts cannot be released, then maybe she is an adult foster care situation or heaven forbid, institutionalized.
If any case, if Debbie wants to follow thorough with SSA, they can get a letter to her mom. Her mom or if she has a guardian can decide to answer to letter or not.

On a side note: I did see on yahoo360 Debbie's page there that she said she would be at a new place on line to find her.
I did go to that site and I did register. But, I quickly unregistered.

I hope Debbie will come back this way and at least read the boards.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back