MI MI - Ruth Hoffman, 44, River Rouge, 30 June 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Jane Doe is still unidentified and Ruth is still missing. I can't imagine the comparison hasn't been completed - been well over a year. Yet Ruth is not listed among the rule-outs for this UID. So frustrating.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8380

The Jane Doe is still unidentified and Ruth is still missing. I can't imagine the comparison hasn't been completed - been well over a year. Yet Ruth is not listed among the rule-outs for this UID. So frustrating.

I noticed too that she hadn't been ruled out and the original poster who mentioned the possible match never came back and gave a result either. However, I didn't think it sounded as promising as some of the others. I just hope this woman is found or it can be confirmed that she is indeed alive and well so her daughter can find some measure of peace (don't like the word closure).

Just bumping, I am pretty new here, but I feel there is something compelling that should be shared here... I see that there was a UID that was listed above as being a possible match.

I'd like to suggest one as well, The only thing that does not really add up, is the estimated probable year of death, could someone please take a look at it?? Even the height matches, only an inch off.

Date found February 23, 1992

What I find a little odd, is that this body was buried with no Dna evidence sampled. The body was found ashore on lake Erie. {For some reason the correct addresses would not show up on the map when I posted the link here.}

Clothing on body: Red Coat over a tan jacket, black pants. Dental not entered in NCIC- autopsy describes full upper denture and missing all mandibular molars, incisors were present.

Here is the link to Namus

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8501

Can anyone shed some light?

Ladylolly,

you make a good point with this Jane Doe as a potential match!

Age, heigh and weight all potentially match but what gets me is that your Jane Doe has upper dentures similar to Ruth.

I think she may be worth putting forward as a potential match however DNA was not taken for JD as she was buried without sampling which I find a bit odd. They may be able to match with dentals if LE have Ruth's dental records available.

The only inconsistency I can see is that she was found in 1992 and there are reports that Ruth was last seen in 2003.

I would be interested to hear others thoughts on submitting her as a potential?

Just bumping, I am pretty new here, but I feel there is something compelling that should be shared here... I see that there was a UID that was listed above as being a possible match.

I'd like to suggest one as well, The only thing that does not really add up, is the estimated probable year of death, could someone please take a look at it?? Even the height matches, only an inch off.

Date found February 23, 1992

What I find a little odd, is that this body was buried with no Dna evidence sampled. The body was found ashore on lake Erie. {For some reason the correct addresses would not show up on the map when I posted the link here.}

Clothing on body: Red Coat over a tan jacket, black pants. Dental not entered in NCIC- autopsy describes full upper denture and missing all mandibular molars, incisors were present.

Here is the link to Namus

Can anyone shed some light?

Thank you for replying! I'm sorry I didn't see it quicker. I thought about the dentals with this UID too, but it says "No dental charting or x-rays present in the case file"?!?!?.... So does that mean there is nothing to compare it too?

I'm not sure how they would be able to match the two? Any idea's?

Thank you for replying! I'm sorry I didn't see it quicker. I thought about the dentals with this UID too, but it says "No dental charting or x-rays present in the case file"?!?!?.... So does that mean there is nothing to compare it too?

I'm not sure how they would be able to match the two? Any idea's?

Isn't there usually id numbers on the dentures? Maybe they could compare those #'s to Ruth's (if available)...

In response to some people concerned for Debbie, I found a Listia account and a facebook account for her that have very recent activity, so I think she's still alive.

Well I think the mystery of where Mrs. Hoffman disappeared to is about to come to a sad end. This Jane Doe was just entered into Namus, it seems like she has been dead this whole time. How sad it took so long for this to all come together.

She was Submitted earlier this week. Hopefully this will bring closure to her family.

One thing that jumped out at me that points to this not being Ruth is that the UID had "Staining on the palatge of the denture is consistent with excessive smoking" (from the identifyus.org link posted). It's been said that Ruth did not smoke and only occasionally drank, so unless she took up smoking after she disappeared, this likely wouldn't be Ruth.

Thank you for letting us now about the Lisita account, your very right, Debbie is still alive, she has a blog that she is documenting her life story, and is currently trying to right a book I believe. I also came across another website where a private detective was working on this case, and he was following a lead that she had been committed. Maybe she really is alive. Which makes me wonder, if Debbie may have gotten an answer to that, and that is why I really can't find her active anywhere. I'm still considering submitting this Jane Doe however as maybe there is still a possibility.

Awwww. Poor Ruth. All that time. :( So sorry.

The more I think about this, the more pissed I get! Why, why, why has it taken 27 years for Ruth to be identified???? She was found in the same county FGS - six months after she went missing.

No excuse.

Hi Everyone,

This is Deb (Ruth's Daughter) I am writing to let you know yes my Mother was found and yes I am alive and my heart is so broken but I knew she was murdered from the start, my mother was not the type of person to just leave so I knew this day would come deep down but always hung on to the hope and I am not mad at anyone cause this took a lifetime to find her but I will never forgive the people responsible for killing my mother and if and when it comes to her trial I will not be going and I think you all know why? I want to thank all of you who helped me put my mom's story out there and God Bless you all for that. I will not be doing any news stories did my last one 3 years ago which I will give you the link for my online version of my book, I need my time to grieve this woman was/is my life and I know someday we will be together again in Heaven and that's what I am holding on too, my only hope is they catch them bastards that killed her, oh yes my mom was a smoker (newports) and occiasional drinker don't know how I didn't catch that?
http://bittersweetloveonfubar.blogspot.ca/

Love you all for your help and please keep my family in your prayers that we can use all the prayer we can get.

Hugs Deb.

One thing that jumped out at me that points to this not being Ruth is that the UID had "Staining on the palatge of the denture is consistent with excessive smoking" (from the identifyus.org link posted). It's been said that Ruth did not smoke and only occasionally drank, so unless she took up smoking after she disappeared, this likely wouldn't be Ruth.
yes she smoked daily (newports)

I'm so sorry Deb. I really had hope your Mom was still alive somewhere. To know she was there all this time is too much. Shame on those who could have ended your search so long ago.

I do hope there will be some answers for you and that those responsible are punished.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back