MI - Samantha Woll, a Detroit synagogue president, fatally stabbed *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In all honesty, I find a lot of what the defense says to create reasonable doubt. Originally I didn't feel this way, but some things just don't add up. I want justice for Samantha and at the same time, the courts must follow due process.

In all honesty, I find a lot of what the defense says to create reasonable doubt. Originally I didn't feel this way, but some things just don't add up. I want justice for Samantha and at the same time, the courts must follow due process.
I recall when the judge allowed this case to go to trial, he made a comment, something to the effect that he wondered if there was really enough to convict this guy.

"Defense attorney accuses Samantha Woll's ex-boyfriend

of lying to police after confessing to murder."

"Neighbors testify in trial of man accused of murdering Samantha Woll: Blood trail led to her home.

Jackson-Bolanos' defense attorney, Brian Brown,
has maintained that his client is not responsible for Woll's death.

During his opening statements Tuesday,
Brown said the two-minute time frame prosecutors say the murder happened would've been
'virtually impossible'.

He also noted that eight stab wounds appears to be
a crime of passion
and referenced Woll's ex-boyfriend as another possible perpetrator."

Last edited:
IMO only, but after reading the article linked here, I wonder what the purpose is of noting that Samantha Woll had a fairly active dating life/dating history. The fact that it’s been brought up in court that she’d dated several men (and had a sexual relationship with at least one of the guys she saw on a casual, on-and-off basis) makes me feel like the defense might be trying to suggest she was somewhat promiscuous (it makes me angry even to write that) and that she therefore could’ve been the victim of any number of the guys she had been seeing.

That ADT data at the end of the article...how is the prosecution going to explain it? That makes me very worried.
I don't see why this causes concern. The ADT data shows that Sam came home at 1am and the system eventually went idle at 1:24am -- meaning no further movement was detected ... until 4:20am, when MJB was there. There is no question that MJB was there at 4:20am and came into contact with Sam's blood and was seen 3-4 minutes later crossing the Monroe Street bridge. So we know that MJB could run from Sam's house to the Monroe Street bridge in that timeframe. A lot of people seem to think that this attack required several minutes, but how long does it take to stab someone 8 times? 10 seconds? 30 seconds? Furthermore, he whoever did this did not stab her to death--they stabbed her and left her for dead; she did not die right away.

IMO only, but after reading the article linked here, I wonder what the purpose is of noting that Samantha Woll had a fairly active dating life/dating history. The fact that it’s been brought up in court that she’d dated several men (and had a sexual relationship with at least one of the guys she saw on a casual, on-and-off basis) makes me feel like the defense might be trying to suggest she was somewhat promiscuous (it makes me angry even to write that) and that she therefore could’ve been the victim of any number of the guys she had been seeing.
I think it's relevant to show that there are several people besides MJB who could've had the opportunity and motive to kill her. The ex-bf (Jeff) was a jilted former lover who was "unhappy" about their breakup. The old guy (Aaron) who she was also romantically involved with in the months leading up to her murder was portrayed as "aggressive" in his communication, would stop by unannounced, had a key to Sam's condo and was not forthcoming about any of this when first contacted by police. On the night Sam was killed she was dancing with and gave her number to an intoxicated man she met at the wedding. She was also romantically connected to a married man (Bob) in Lansing -- although the testimony hasn't shed much details on that relationship, it's conceivable that a married guy would have some motive to hurt his affair partner (which I'm sure is the insinuation). There are other men that have been mentioned by name but there hasn't been much evidence/testimony about their relationship. On top of everything else, she left her door OPEN on the night she was killed, which may suggest that she was expecting someone to come over -- the guy from the wedding? Aaron? Someone else?

Personally, I think the evidence shows that MJB killed Sam. I'm just explaining why I think these other characters are relevant considerations.

It was also reported that there was blood all over the house, indicating that a struggle took place. That would have taken longer than 2 minutes. Hmho
The blood indicates that Sam was initially attacked on the couch and that she collapsed in the foyer near the front door and stayed there for a while before making it outside. There is no evidence of a prolonged struggle. The non-knife injuries she sustained (bruising/abrasions) are consistent with falling down and crawling, and are not necessarily indicative of a drawn out fight.

It was also reported that there was blood all over the house, indicating that a struggle took place. That would have taken longer than 2 minutes. Hmho

The blood indicates that Sam was initially attacked on the couch and that she collapsed in the foyer near the front door and stayed there for a while before making it outside. There is no evidence of a prolonged struggle. The non-knife injuries she sustained (bruising/abrasions) are consistent with falling down and crawling, and are not necessarily indicative of a drawn out fight.

Injuries to her neck. Arterial spray would make for a ghastly scene. Unbelievable really that she made it into her yard. Absolutely brutal, bloody attack.

JMO

Injuries to her neck. Arterial spray would make for a ghastly scene. Unbelievable really that she made it into her yard. Absolutely brutal, bloody attack.

JMO

Ah, well, that explains why it was even possible for her to make it to her yard. Her movement plus spatter from the knife stabs must have left a ghastly scene.

What an absolute nightmare she awakened to. Brutal.

JMO

That ADT data at the end of the article...how is the prosecution going to explain it? That makes me very worried.
Is their contention that he entered her place at 4:20AM? Why could he have not entered at 1AM? Maybe he returned at 4:20 looking for something he dropped.

That account from the former BF about believing he may have killed her is bizarre! Whatever that drug is, it should be pulled off the market.

Is their contention that he entered her place at 4:20AM? Why could he have not entered at 1AM? Maybe he returned at 4:20 looking for something he dropped.

That account from the former BF about believing he may have killed her is bizarre! Whatever that drug is, it should be pulled off the market.
The whole idea that the neighbor heard "something" at "1:30" and the idea that someone entered her condo at 1am don't make sense because: (1) Sam was actively on her phone until 1:36 a.m. and (2) her alarm system stopped detecting motion at 1:20-something -- meaning she was alive and well and home alone at 1:36 and until motion was detected again at 4:20.

makes me feel like the defense might be trying to suggest she was somewhat promiscuous (it makes me angry even to write that) and that she therefore could’ve been the victim of any number of the guys she had been seeing.
Though I understand why this would anger people, I just look at it objectively.

The defense attorney is duty bound to present a plausible alternative theory that he or she thinks a jury might accept. This defendant might not have given him or her much to work with in regards to plausible alternative theories.

So, the plausible alterative theory defaults to: Another male from the victim's dating history could have committed the crime.... . In the end, if this is the best plausible alternative theory, the defense attorney would not be fulfilling their oath if they did not present it.

Last edited:
I pray that Sam & her family receive justice. So far I have a lot of reasonable doubt that MBJ is the guy. It saddens me that her reputation is being tarnished, as it is the SOP in these type of cases. The attack happening on the couch and motion detector timeline for 4:20 just doesn’t sit right as of now. We have a few weeks left of trial though…

I pray that Sam & her family receive justice. So far I have a lot of reasonable doubt that MBJ is the guy. It saddens me that her reputation is being tarnished, as it is the SOP in these type of cases. The attack happening on the couch and motion detector timeline for 4:20 just doesn’t sit right as of now. We have a few weeks left of trial though…
I don't know why the 4:20 timeline is hard for people to grasp? We KNOW she was alive at 1:36 a.m. (because she was using her phone from 1:29 to 1:36. We also know that she was on the couch at that time and that her security system stopped detecting motion at 1:20-something. Therefore, she was alive and alone at 1:36...until at least 4:20a.m. when her security system detected motion again. Not incidentally, 4:20a.m, is the exact time that MJB was on the scene wearing surgical gloves, having just broken into the Mercedes in Sam's parking lot that had the tires stabbed several times; the guy with Sam's blood on his jacket and backpack.

I think we're going to see (from Jeff's security camera) that he was home all night, so that should definitively rule him out.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow
Back