MI - Samantha Woll, a Detroit synagogue president, fatally stabbed *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure what is happening here - this is the type of case that usually stays in the news. I am very much hoping it isn't that Detroit PD is in over their head. I say that because a prominent doctor from Detroit was murdered and nothing much has happened for a year. It's not fair or right that prominent people get the most LE resources, but it does say something when a doctor and the president of a synagogue are both brutally murdered and the murders don't appear to be close to being solved.
The Detroit Police Dept is absolutely capable of solving both murders.I suspect the Prosecutor's Office is asking for specific investigative avenues to be pursued so that all other POI are definitively excluded before arrest warrants are authorized.in either case.

I'm not sure what is happening here - this is the type of case that usually stays in the news. I am very much hoping it isn't that Detroit PD is in over their head. I say that because a prominent doctor from Detroit was murdered and nothing much has happened for a year. It's not fair or right that prominent people get the most LE resources, but it does say something when a doctor and the president of a synagogue are both brutally murdered and the murders don't appear to be close to being solved.
The state police and the FBI are also working on this case. At least they were. I assume they will be until it is solved.

“While this is an encouraging development in our desire to bring closure for Ms. Woll’s family, it does not represent the conclusion of our work in this case," White said. " The details of the investigation will remain confidential at this time to ensure the integrity of the important steps that remain."

• Suspect has not been named but was taken into custody
  • Woll, 40, was found stabbed to death outside her home in Lafayette Park
  • Police do not believe her murder was a hate crime, but are yet to reveal motive

BBM

White said there was no forced entry at Woll's home. She is believed to have been attacked some time between 12:30 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., when she was found dead. White said investigators believe Woll had stumbled out of her home after the attack and collapsed in her yard.

Key to the investigation was whether Woll left the wedding alone, White said.

"As part of my continuing commitment to transparency in this matter, I am sharing with the community that a suspect has been taken into custody for the murder of Samantha Woll," the chief said in a statement. "While this is an encouraging development in our desire to bring closure for Ms. Woll’s family, it does not represent the conclusion of our work in this case. The details of the investigation will remain confidential at this time to ensure the integrity of the important steps that remain."
Detroit police make arrest in Jewish leader's stabbing death

ARREST!

Though the arrest "is an encouraging development in our desire to bring closure for Ms. Woll's family, it does not represent the conclusion of our work in this case," he said.
Suspect in custody in connection with murder of Detroit synagogue president

Suspect arrested in murder of Detroit synagogue president Samantha Woll

Detroit police arrest murder suspect in synagogue president Samantha Woll's death
Isn't there a time limit on how long a person can be arrested without the name being public record? I think I recall that from a previous case I followed, but I could be wrong.

jmo

"As part of my continuing commitment to transparency in this matter, I am sharing with the community that a suspect has been taken into custody for the murder of Samantha Woll," the chief said in a statement. "While this is an encouraging development in our desire to bring closure for Ms. Woll’s family, it does not represent the conclusion of our work in this case. The details of the investigation will remain confidential at this time to ensure the integrity of the important steps that remain."
Detroit police make arrest in Jewish leader's stabbing death

ARREST!
Gosh, could that mean that they think more than one person was involved??

Isn't there a time limit on how long a person can be arrested without the name being public record? I think I recall that from a previous case I followed, but I could be wrong.

jmo
I think they have to get a court order to keep the name sealed once arrested and it has to be a very specific reason in order to get it approved---but I don't remember what. Other than it being a minor, I can't remember why they withhold it.

In this case, IF and this is totally hypothetical---but if the name was Middle Eastern might they with hold the name to avoid a public over reaction, etc. ?

ETA: Oh, Gotta just pointed out the arrest didn't include charges---so that's the answer

I think they have to get a court order to keep the name sealed and it has to be a very specific reason in order to get it approved---but I don't remember what. Other than it being a minor, I can't remember why they withhold it.

In this case, IF and this is totally hypothetical---but if the name was Middle Eastern might they with hold the name to avoid a public over reaction, etc. ?
I think a name is released only when a person is charged.
Yes or No?

JMO

Is it possible they are not providing a name because it's a minor?

When someone is arrested but not charged is it usual to not provide a name?
They often provide a name if arrested but not when it is a minor. So it could be, which would be very sad.

But maybe there were was more than 1 suspect and they don't want the others to know who was detained?

As part of our commitment to be transparent, we are going to clearly tell you we arrested some guy in a place. Except maybe not a guy and maybe not in a place, maybe a minor or maybe a senior, and why he did it - maybe we know and maybe we don’t, or maybe we don’t know that we do know, or vice versa. And we will continue to investigate the crime and this guy, except maybe not ths guy or that crime, to be transparently transparent. We are so glad we could provide this illuminating update in the time of anti-semitism and BLM. MAY YOU BE ENLIGHTENED!

Maria Miller, a spokesperson for the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, told the Free Press the office had not yet received a warrant request from Detroit police and no charges had been issued. Michigan law allows up to 72 hours for a criminal suspect to be held in police custody without charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back