MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there are dive teams out today (and maybe other searchers, IDK). They're not stopping the volunteer searching until Friday EOD.

I take that to mean that LE will still search (but maybe based on leads and tips only?).

If someone has the boys, I think the reason they must not have come forward is that they realized they got in over their head and they're scared of the consequences. Either that or JS has them so convinced that TS was putting them in danger that they think they're doing the right thing.

Something just isn't sitting right with me in regards to LF. I just can't put my finger on it.

The calm silence surrounding the whole case has me puzzled.

I mean, virtually nothing said from the mother's side, no pleas, no interviews.
No interviews with the dad's lawyer, not even a "no comment".
No media scrutiny of the "friend" who took him to hospital, no name, no comments, no police info from any interview that may have happened.
No comment from the hospital, doctors, "leaks" or spokespersons.
No comments from previous co-workers or employers.
Very few comments from people who knew the boys.

It almost seems like no one wants to go on record with anything to do with this mystery.

Is it me or is it unusual?

The fact that Weeks says dad is no longer speaking to investigators tells me everything I need to know. He is working a defense angle. He talked to them when he thought he could sell them a BS story, when that didn't work he stopped talking, and doesn't want to be extradited.

I had missed the detail that he had gone to a church event the weekend before thanksgiving with the wife and boys as a family. She must have been so blindsided by this, thinking they were really working towards coparenting plans. I wonder if he had it planned then? So sad.

I so agree with your entire post.

BBM for the following reason. It has also been reported the two agreed upon a visitation agreement. I'm interpreting that to mean they had a little bit of mediation and came to an agreement which the judge approved. For me that is stronger support she was blindsided by his actions. It has not been reported anywhere she beleived he was capable of harming the children and her only concerns were his taking them back to FL.

I think he likely planned it when he realized she was serious about going through with the divorce. I wondered what might have happened after the Sunday prior to TG when they attended a church event as a family. I'm afraid he likely had unrealistic hopes that outing was indicative of her wishing to remain in the marriage when she was likely participating as an example for her sons. This whole thing is incredibly sad.

jmo

In a Safe place.

Who does this guy think he is kidding.

His 3 children were placed in this "safe place" at who knows what silly hour, before he pops home for a quick suicide attempt. They are dressed in PJ's, without their winter coats. How safe can they be?

Oh and their safe place carer must have had clothes, toys and supplies to care for 3, very scared, very traumatized children who would be wondering where their Mom and Dad are, and imagining that Santa may not know where they are.

To believe they are alive and safe is to believe they are afraid and isolated.
To believe they are not alive is just as painful, but they will be safe in the arms of Jesus/Angels?loved ones who pre deceased them.

What choices this Dad has left his ex wife.

BBM for the following reason. It has also been reported the two agreed upon a visitation agreement. I'm interpreting that to mean they had a little bit of mediation and came to an agreement which the judge approved. For me that is stronger support she was blindsided by his actions. It has not been reported anywhere she beleived he was capable of harming the children and her only concerns were his taking them back to FL.

I think he likely planned it when he realized she was serious about going through with the divorce. I wondered what might have happened after the Sunday prior to TG when they attended a church event as a family. I'm afraid he likely had unrealistic hopes that outing was indicative of her wishing to remain in the marriage when she was likely participating as an example for her sons. This whole thing is incredibly sad.

jmo

I agree with both of your posts as well. Could you imagine being mom in this situation? This is so sad. I too wish we knew more about the family outing and what happened that day.

Please do not let this be taken as a statement directed at any one person, but comments made in regard to the mother I think are adding salt to three wounds. I can admit that I wasn't/and still really not a big fan of hers based on the abuse of the 14 year old.
But this kind of nightmare I would not wish on my worst enemy. By all accounts I've seen, and the article I read regarding the teachers' comments on the boys, she was a loving mother. As a mother myself, if even one of my children went missing (let alone both of them) and I was told by LE that the outcome didn't look good (and I'm sure they've given her more information than they've given the media)...I would be in such deep depression I probably couldn't find the words to speak to those around me let alone the media.
IF this had been a stranger abduction, I could see the "need" for her to address the media...and plea for their return. In this case, she knows who took them and at this point knows the only person who could lead her to her boys....isn't talking.

jmo

That is what I was wondering, did he think if he was nice she would come back, that thanksgiving was the test, if she wouldn't have a family meal with them it was really over? The preacher (or whatever flavor goes with their church) who talked about seeing them the weekend before at the event said there was no sign of distress and that they seemed to be working together to be parents if not a couple kind of thing (my wording).

I know she has a record etc... but my heart hurts for her. When tragedy strikes my life (and it happens to us all) I have some skeletons in my closet too. Won't make me any less destroyed.

Morenci's under a hundred miles from Canada. Keeping all bases covered, perhaps.

I am thinking they are utilizing resources the customs/immigrations have available that the locals don't. Maybe there is a piece of equipment that them being a hundred miles away made the closest to the scene even though under the umbrella of an organization not directly involved. I would think they have an abundance of dogs in the customs/immigration umbrella, and maybe some other equipment that they are loaning with a body.

I live in Michigan and am so sad about these little boys. I'm kind of shocked that a bigger deal was made about Terri H and Kyron than these 3 little boys, although the story is almost the same. Why do you think that certain stories get more attention than others. Just a question.

I wouldn’t think what I do about TS past chgs. except….. The boy was 14, tell me that there aren’t plenty of 14 year olds doing things BUT, usually with other 14 year olds!!!
If she had of been 16/ 17, well……. Not good at all, but…..
SHE WAS 32!!! A FULL grown woman! I have a hard time with that personally.

I don’t know any 32 year olds that would look twice at ANY 14 year old, keeps me wondering what’s up with that? Personally I don’t know any 20 year olds that would look twice at a 14 year old!!

However it’s in her past, and there it should stay I guess.
I think these two taunted each other over the children. Plenty of couples do it in a divorce, unfortunately. Thankfully this isn’t always the end result.

I live in Michigan and am so sad about these little boys. I'm kind of shocked that a bigger deal was made about Terri H and Kyron than these 3 little boys, although the story is almost the same. Why do you think that certain stories get more attention than others. Just a question.

Combo of what is happening in the news at the time, how unusual it is for the area (Kyron is from a pretty low crime area overall, at least perception wise), and an undefined quality to the characters involved.

Haleigh's case probably wouldn't have got the coverage it did if it didn't follow the Casey Anthony case where there was already so much nationwide press sitting around waiting for something to happen.

I think a lot has to do with what the press is covering at the time.

I live in MA. This case reminds me of Giovanni Gonzalez.

This is the little boy who was on visitation with his dad and was never returned to his mom. First the dad claimed he was never there for his scheduled visitation (that the mom never dropped him off) but later a neighbor reported seeing him playing outside over the weekend. The dad refuses to say where Giovanni is. He has been arrested for child endangerment & obstruction. He now claims he killed him. No evidence has been found.

Most believe Giovanni was spirited away, although relatives have been checked out, both in this country & across the border, he has not been found.

It's been 2+ years since this poor mom has seen her son. Meanwhile dad sits tightlipped in jail.

This story was just posted about 5 minutes ago. I haven't read it yet but wanted to put the link here.

http://www.lenconnect.com/breaking/x556841492/Volunteers-searching-large-woods-near-Kunkle-Ohio

eta: Why would immigration and customs be involved?

JS worked as a truck driver. I do not know if he hauled produce or not. There are a lot of farms in the area. This is reaching, but what of the possibility that JS was acquainted with some "seasonal farm workers"? Do a lot of the local farmers have migrant worker camps on their property? I know it is reaching, but I am just trying to brainstorm any possible place that the boys could be.

I was really hoping to find the end of this today:(

I wonder if they have searched around the church event site? He may have started thinking about it then.

I assume we know nothing more about the van being seen on the turnpike?
with the fancy gadgets we have, I would think we could get a better look in/at that van.

time line is still 5p last seen.....3p mother reports them missing? but...we dont know if the children were there and okay or not. He could have made it up. but then there is the roap and something found in the house. I assume they have some DNA back from that.

My weird ability to see things very seldom are correct, but I still see Kyron in water, and now I see the boys all tight against each other in a small dark something, they are vertical, not horizonal.

hbl, I think its too late in the season for immigrant workers.

Didnt someone say they saw 1 of the boys in the back yard? not 2 or 3, but only 1?

If the boys were in a safe place as he stated to his sister. Why would he risk the possible arrest of crime, there doesnt have to be a body to charge with a crime? Why get an attorney unless it is for the kidnapping over state lines case only?

If the boys are safe is he willing to possible be charged with a crime in regards to the kids?
Even if no charges come about is he willing to walk the streets and have people think he is a murderer? Would he ever be in contact with them again? How would they start over if with someone else, school records, social security numners? Would the children not call their mother or police at some point in the future?

Those kids are NOT anywhere safe. If they are by some remote chance then I will be thrilled but outcome doesnt look good per LE. They do not say that lightly.

I think if they stop searching tomorrow unless they have new tips is probably because unless the father helps LE, the search area is just too large...they could be anywhere, it seems.

This may have been answered, if so, sorry, but do they have his cell pings from Thursday AM-Friday PM? Or are they just searching off of what he told them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143