MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poor kids. I was so hopeful they had found something useful.

I hoped with summer, and more people out and about, that some evidence would be found.
I can't even begin to imagine the hole in this family's life, without these three boys.

My thoughts too. Holding out hope they will come home soon.

Just heard this in the car:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28692760/detail.html

Skelton Dad Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment Of Sons

Father Of Missing Michigan Boys Makes Plea Thursday

POSTED: Thursday, July 28, 2011

UPDATED: 11:31 am EDT July 28, 2011

ADRIAN, Mich. -- The father of three missing Michigan boys from Morenci has pleaded no contest to three charges of unlawful imprisonment.

John Skelton entered the plea Thursday morning in Lenawee County Circuit court.

John Skelton makes plea deal in Morenci disappearance of 3 young sons

http://www.freep.com/article/20110728/NEWS05/110728022/Skelton-makes-plea-deal-told-cops-his-3-missing-sons-will-hibernate-until-they-graduate-

Says here that he made a plea deal, that prosecutors are taking some of the harsher charges off of the table, and that an announcement will be made later today :

As part of the plea deal, Glaser said kidnapping and parental kidnapping charges have been dropped. If he had been convicted of kidnapping, Skelton could have faced up to life in prison.

Asked why the deal was made, Lenawee County Prosecutor Jonathan Poer said officials plan to release a statement this afternoon.

"We had full conversations with the law enforcement and the family," Poer said.

It also has some more insight into the investigation :

Noe said Skelton told investigators at one point that he wrapped each son in a blanket, gave each a stuffed animal, placed them in his van and drove them away.

She said Skelton reportedly took his sons' winter coats and toothbrushes to his aunt's home and told her he didn't need them anymore. As well, Noe said Internet records show Skelton searched for information on how to break a neck about one week before the children went missing.

Noe said Skelton reportedly told investigators: "The children will hibernate until they graduate."

Really doesn't sound good to me.

Doesn't sound good to me either, but it's not unexpected. Hopefully, he will finally tell the truth with this deal.

They wouldn't let someone off of murder charges in exchange for locations of the bodies would they?

What else does he have to bargain with?

I doubt it. But he may slip up and gloat, and we'll get the truth that way.

Noe said Skelton reportedly told investigators: "The children will hibernate until they graduate."

This sounds really strange and worrisome to me. How could hibernating children graduate?

Can he be charged for murder later, if they find something to enable them to do so?

:furious: Paraphrasing from the WDIV 5:00 report on the Skelton case:

* Skelton's attorney says that he didn't tell John what to do; the plea agreement was his decision. Whatever.

* Skelton could get up to 15 years on lesser charges.

* Sounds like a whole lotta horse hash to me. :sick:

I am assuming that this means he could still be charged with manslaughter or murder????

In the event that they are ever found, of course.

What a strange statement. I'm pretty sure he means 'graduate' to the afterlife.

BTW - this rings faintly of how Jesse Jackson phrases stuff.

as sad as the situation is, I am glad to see some movement on the case

dear little fellas, where are you?

http://www.freep.com/

It doesn't sound like JS will give up the location and I guess this was a way to keep him behind bars. They dropped the kidnapping charges but the homicide investigation would continue. I am hoping that if they find the boys, it won't be considered double jeopardy to charge him with murder at that time.

What a strange statement. I'm pretty sure he means 'graduate' to the afterlife.

BTW - this rings faintly of how Jesse Jackson phrases stuff.

Yes, it is a strange statement, and your interpretation could be correct. I didn't look at it as ominously, and thought that JS referred to the boys being out of high school and making their own determination about which parent they preferred. If the boys are stashed away with an organization that "protects" children, as JS claims, perhaps the brothers will be educated through a homeschool program. I'm just trying to think positively about this horrible situation, but what about their mother? She had custody of her sons and might never know what has become of them because of the unimaginable selfishness of her ex who won't give up anything about the boys' whereabouts :banghead:

That man makes me sick. :furious:

I can hardly stand to see the pictures of those precious boys, it is beyond sad. Truly. :(

http://www.detnews.com/article/2011...ng-Morenci-boys-looked-up-how-to-break-a-neck

Last Updated: July 29. 2011 1:02AM
Doug Guthrie and Mike Wilkinson/ The Detroit News

Adrian — Dreams of the three missing boys near a Dumpster.

Memories of the trio covered in blankets and clutching toys before their father drove away.

The man's Internet search for breaking necks just a week before his sons vanished.

Those chilling details were read in an Adrian courtroom Thursday when the father of three Morenci boys last seen on Thanksgiving pleaded no contest to criminal charges that could keep him behind bars for up to 15 years.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back