GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw this on the news...
kinda reminds me of Diane Downs and Randy (somebody) cannot remember his last name, but anyway they supposedly sent many "graphic" sex-related mails to one another.
I think the Randy guy was the "I-5 killer" if I am not mistaken. Anyway, regardless, this info came from the book about D.D titled "Small Sacrifices" by Anne Rule.

Woodfield, I think. I know who you mean.

My dearest Jinxie,:blowkiss:

I have had to read many "love" letters from inmates. They were more like lust letters. They were allowed 7 stamps a week unless they wanted to buy their own. Many would use their stamps on the lust interest instead of writing to their own children and family.
Also there are male and female inmates in the facility I worked at and they would pass notes through the food tray window, under unit doors, in the food ect.

If they wanted to write to each other according to the rules, they would have to use a stamp and the letter would go out in the mail and then come back to the facility days later. All letters were read when they came in. Inmates are allowed to write to each other here in all other facilities when they are writing to other inmates out of state, unless the other inmate was in a federal facility.

It used to be that they could write letters to each other within the facility without using a stamp. We read each letter and gave it to the inmate at the end of the day. That practice stopped a few years ago.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Tara Grant's sister: 'We sensed from the start' that kids saw their mother's murder

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080215/METRO/802150450

snip
Edward L. Cardenas and Christina Stolarz / The Detroit News

MOUNT CLEMENS -- Alicia Standerfer worried from the start that her young niece and nephew knew more about their mother Tara Grant's brutal murder than what they were letting on.
"We sensed from the very start that they must have heard or seen something," Standerfer, Tara's sister, told The Detroit News on Friday. "We knew the lay of the house and how Steve always carried his voice. We had our suspicions."
"Much to our horror, they were confirmed on Christmas Day."
Although Standerfer declined to divulge the details of what the children witnessed the night of Feb. 9, 2007, she did say that the Grant's 7-year-old daughter told Standerfer and her husband on Christmas Day that they had seen the killing. The children then discussed the event with a therapist, she said. Standerfer said she and her husband, Eric Standerfer, then called the Macomb County Prosecutor's office to share the revelation.

The two Grant children have been in therapy at least once a week since May, Standerfer said. However, she said, there have been times when they had to set up an "emergency session" for the daughter.

Tara Grant's sister: 'We sensed from the start' that kids saw their mother's murder

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080215/METRO/802150450

snip
Edward L. Cardenas and Christina Stolarz / The Detroit News

MOUNT CLEMENS -- Alicia Standerfer worried from the start that her young niece and nephew knew more about their mother Tara Grant's brutal murder than what they were letting on.
"We sensed from the very start that they must have heard or seen something," Standerfer, Tara's sister, told The Detroit News on Friday. "We knew the lay of the house and how Steve always carried his voice. We had our suspicions."
"Much to our horror, they were confirmed on Christmas Day."
Although Standerfer declined to divulge the details of what the children witnessed the night of Feb. 9, 2007, she did say that the Grant's 7-year-old daughter told Standerfer and her husband on Christmas Day that they had seen the killing. The children then discussed the event with a therapist, she said. Standerfer said she and her husband, Eric Standerfer, then called the Macomb County Prosecutor's office to share the revelation.

The two Grant children have been in therapy at least once a week since May, Standerfer said. However, she said, there have been times when they had to set up an "emergency session" for the daughter.

That just breaks my heart to hear.What a terrible lifelong memory for children to have but at least they are getting help and maybe will be able to deal with this tragedy in other ways. I am glad they are living with a loving family as that will be part of the process being able to give and receive love.

The kids are having a really rough time. I just saw them the end of february. If your the praying type please include them in your prayers.

Dateline aired their story about this last night (2/29/08). It was EXCELLENT.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23409987/
For the transcript and video.

Oh, very glad you posted that. I had almost forgotten all about this until I read Tricia mentioning it again in the Websleuths and the media thread. For some reason, I hadn't even read anything about the verdict. The 2nd degree murder charge makes no sense, unless they have something in Michigan law about lesser sentences for people who confess. But, still, he was on the run for awhile.

Autumn2004, You know the family? This is the first time that I'm reading that the children witnessed the murder too. That is so horrible and I am sorry to hear that. :( Sounds like Tara's sister is doing a good job of helping them heal and getting them counseling.

Lilly- They are close friends of our family. They are doing as good as can be expected. Alicia and Eric are trying to make it as easy as possible on the kids.

Tonight 10:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 Pacific Join Websleuth's for an On-Line Chat with the Authors of the True Crime Book, "Limb from Limb." The true story of Tara Grant.

Written by Websleuth's member Melissa Preddy and George Hunter, Limb from Limb is a fascinating detailed look at the truly bizarre murder of Tara Grant.

If you haven't read the book then you have to come to this chat. The author's will give us an in-depth look at one of the strangest cases we have ever had on Websleuths. com

If you have read the book (and it is getting rave reviews by the way) then I know you will have many questions for these two.

Here is the link with all the instructions for tonight's chat.

Chat open for discussion all day, every day! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please stop in and support Websleuths by participating in our chats.

Thanks,
Tricia

Memorial Walk and Run benifits victims of domestic violence

Hundreds walk in Mount Clemens for sixth annual walk to benefit Turning Point

Author: Will Jones, Local 4 Reporter, wjones@wdiv.com

Published On: Sep 28 2013 03:01:45 PM EDT

MT CLEMENS, Mich. -
The Tara Grant Memorial Walk and Run is for victims of domestic violence who need a place to turn to for help.

There are victims right now who want to take the first step to end their situation but they don't know how; that's what the walk is all about...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ence/-/1719418/22171900/-/b5ushi/-/index.html

Stephen Grant's federal appeal denied

By Ken Haddad - Social Media Producer , Associated Press

Posted: 1:17 PM, May 05, 2016
Updated: 1:26 PM, May 05, 2016

DETROIT - A federal appeals court has ruled against a Detroit-area man who was convicted of killing his wife and dismembering the body.

Stephen Grant of Macomb County claims his constitutional rights were violated when investigators got incriminating statements from him after he was captured in northern Michigan in 2007. But the appeals court noted that he had waived his right to remain silent and his attorney had quit...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/stephen-grants-federal-appeal-denied

10 years later: Remembering details of Tara Grant's disturbing death
Tara Grant's husband convicted in her death

By Devin Scillian - Anchor , Derick Hutchinson

Posted: 11:16 PM, February 17, 2017
Updated: 12:05 AM, February 18, 2017

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Tara Grant was a loving mother, a successful businesswoman and the victim of a crime carried out by her own husband.

It's been 10 years since Grant's death, and Local 4 took a look back at the disturbing case that captured Metro Detroit's attention.

Grant's family said they recognized warning signs in their daughter's marriage, but Stephen Grant made his move before she could be saved. They hope others who are in potentially dangerous situations can get the help they need.

Grant appeared to have it all. She was the mother of two children, had a successful career and was married to Stephen Grant. What many people didn't know was that Grant was living a nightmare at home, being verbally abused and manipulated by her husband.

Stephen Grant reported his wife missing Feb. 14, 2007. Weeks later, during a police search of the Grants' home, Tara Grant's torso was found inside the family's Washington Township garage (garage pictured below)...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/10-years-later-details-of-tara-grants-disturbing-death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back