GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's good to hear that Grant's family aren't making excuses for him or blaming Tara for any part of her murder. I'm sure that they are in a lot of pain and can't believe that he could do such a thing. The horror of it has to be terrible for everyone in both families.

I didn't see this article posted anywhere - unless I missed it!

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070309/METRO/703090399

Stephen Grant called the family's 19-year-old au pair several times on the night police say he killed his wife, according to phone records.

The calls to Verena Dierkes, which took place over several hours on Feb. 9, were short -- most of them lasting less than a minute, a source close to the investigation told The Detroit News.

The phone records -- along with Stephen Grant's statement to police that he was romantically involved with the au pair, a claim he also denied -- have renewed police interest in interviewing Dierkes, 19.

Wonder what those calls were about??????

Alice253 said:
I didn't see this article posted anywhere - unless I missed it!

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070309/METRO/703090399

Stephen Grant called the family's 19-year-old au pair several times on the night police say he killed his wife, according to phone records.

The calls to Verena Dierkes, which took place over several hours on Feb. 9, were short -- most of them lasting less than a minute, a source close to the investigation told The Detroit News.

The phone records -- along with Stephen Grant's statement to police that he was romantically involved with the au pair, a claim he also denied -- have renewed police interest in interviewing Dierkes, 19.

Wonder what those calls were about??????
I posted this previously....it is curious

In other developments, Rescue 4 found out that Grant made two phone calls the night police searched his home.

Sources told Local 4 that Grant called his attorney, and he also called former au pair, Verena Derkes, 19, in Germany.

Sources said he wanted to clarify the story and told her Tara really fell down the stairs.

"The au pair, former au pair in Germany, is someone who we'd obviously like to speak with," Smith said. "But to get to talk to her is a logistical nightmare."

She said she wanted to stay at the house while Tara was missing, but the company she worked for asked her to leave.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11176310/detail.html

I wouldn't doubt if they were involved. The two were together all through the week. Maybe that is why he murdered Tara...he thought him and the young girl would end up together. I'll bet that he was calling her to tell her not to say that they had been involved.

Why did they need a babysitter when he was home all of the time or did he work for his dad? If I was working away from home all week I don't think I would leave my husband alone with a young woman. That is just asking for trouble. I wonder if Tara had any idea or if she even cared.

I Remember Tara: An Exclusive Rememberance of Tara Lynn Grant

Monday morning, the family of Tara Grant will gather in a church near her childhood home in the Upper Peninsula and say goodbye, 24 days after they learned she was dead.
Killed, police say, by a husband who mutilated her

Today, Standerfer offers a remembrance of the person she knew and loved, as only a sister could.
A remembrance by Alicia Standerfer:

As I write this, I have in mind a photo of Tara and me. Our mother took it years ago when we were kids.
In the picture, Tara is clinging to one of our kittens with the biggest smile you would ever imagine.
That was Tara, always a happy kid. Her grin and curly pigtails put a smile on the face of everyone who came in contact with her. She enjoyed every aspect of life. And she loved to talk. Even as an infant, she eagerly said "hi" to everyone she encountered.

MoreL http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11363420/detail.html

Bobbisangel- Thanks so much for the help and mysteriew also. They do have a very large home with a suitable income to take care of them all. I dont want to get in specifics as it might bother them. Financially they will be fine and enough room for everyone. They do have three other relatives in the state that I know of. Two are within driving distance of the area.

You are very welcome and I'm glad that there will be no problems with space and finances. I would think that if the father has any money at all he should be helping with the children or will Tara's sister and her husband adopt the children in time? They should be able too as the dad has lost all of his rights and the mom is dead. That would be a good thing and the children will all have the same last name. That is probably looking further down the line though.

I wonder when the custody hearing will take place? You would think that they would want to get the kids settled into their new home as soon as possible. The poor little things have so much adjusting to do as it is. It is always the kids that suffer the most when something like this happens.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070501/NEWS04/70501048

From the Detroit Free Press:

Up to a court: where the children of Tara Grant, the Washington Township woman allegedly slain and dismembered by her husband, will end up calling home.
Grant’s sister, Alicia Standerfer, and sister-in-law have filed for custody of her 6-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son, who’ve been living in Ohio with Standerfer since shortly after the discovery of her sister’s remains.

HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION
Court papers give a grisly tour of Grant home

Report appears to support confession

April 28, 2007
BY AMBER HUNT
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER
Investigators found tiny spatters of blood on the walls, the bathroom floor, in the bedroom and in the wine cellar.
Then there was the torso, still dressed in a blood-soaked blouse, black bra, panties and fragments of dress pants in a bin labeled "boy clothes" in the garage.

Those are among the findings inside Stephen and Tara Lynn Grant's Washington Township home, according to investigative reports released Friday by the Macomb County Prosecutor's Office.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070428/NEWS04/704280331/1006/NEWS04

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo
Back