GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ella's mom said:
Don't get me wrong Raisin, I agree. I would have assumed that the phone call story would have been probable cause, along with no use of credit cards, cell, bank, etc. But apparently, that was not enough.
I understand, no problem. Seems like there are many things in play, to include a disgusting lawyer (IMO) pulling the old he'll take a polygraph if someone else does it because the Sheriff is harassing my client routine. The claim of harassment tends to slow things down, alot in today's PC world. JMO

JinxieJada said:
Heck, I wasn't even talking the warrant, I was talking about another one disappearing into thin air under hackel's watch! (We seem to be having all types roam off into thin air lately in Macomb County)...And this isn't the first, second, third or fourth time it's happened under him. There are other issues, but it's more municipal related etc...I'll save it for another day lol
Sorry Jinxie. I get what you are saying. You are right. Seems to be quite a bit lately.

raisincharlie said:
Ella's Mom

I think this time line report gives a pretty good idea of what the probable cause may have been. One thing that jumps out is S. Grant saying he overheard Tara speaking with someone she was going to meet but records show there were no calls made from land line or cell phone when he says this occurred.

Note:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11095435/detail.html

Seems like lots of reason here to get a warrant.

Thanks for the time line RC it makes some of this clearer to me. O/T did you notice that Tara was a cheerleader?

What I don't understand though is - If this is her torso, WHY would he not dispose of it somewhere/how? He had all the means to do so, the time, etc, other than being cocky, what else? he doesn't "seem" to be icky..aka hanging onto it for "other" reasons, we've sometimes seen displayed?

Meridian said:
Breaking News here in Michigan; also, that they expect to find her husband's body in a car somewhere. A supposed suicide.
To bad he did not do the suicide part first. These men that think they will not be caught just amaze me.:furious:

this may have been posted already...site says it's updating throught out the day....

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070303/NEWS04/70303003

But his lawyer David Griem fears Grant has killed himself: "I think he's gone." "I spoke with him twice early this morning," Griem said. "And after the second conversation I had no doubt he was going to commit suicide within minutes."

My gosh, their poor children!

Horrible. God bless Tara, her family, and their poor children. Just tremendously tragic for all.

Ok this may be wrong, wrong, wrong for me to suggest BUT..since stephen's atty has covered and dodged many different things for him..or at least presented things that way..could this be an opportunity to buy Stephen more time? Last night they were looking for a white full size pickup now it's yellow..Might be oversite I'm not sure.

Just a thought...

JinxieJada said:
What I don't understand though is - If this is her torso, WHY would he not dispose of it somewhere/how? He had all the means to do so, the time, etc, other than being cocky, what else? he doesn't "seem" to be icky..aka hanging onto it for "other" reasons, we've sometimes seen displayed?

Maybe he put it in a cooler to transport after frozen. The less heavy parts could be transported with a degree of concealment but not a torso. He is pretty icky to cut up a body particularly his wife and the mother of his children.

He had a few days headstart from police but I bet family was looking and asking and, with all these smug murderer guys, he probably didn't think LE
would suspect him. I bet they were watching him within minutes of his reporting her missing. The other thing,someone else could have reported her unaccounted for but LE needed a report from the next of kin. They could have been watching him or contacting him earlier. Just a thought.

Does anyone else but me wonder if the German au pair may have been an accomplice in this? She sure did leave the family and return to Germany awfully fast after Tara vanished.

Ahhhh...now i "get it"...momentary brain freeze
doh.gif

I heard this on Fox News this morning. Apparently Tara's torso was found in the garage. Husband is sought. Looking for a link.

is that what hackel meant about others that hindered the investigation or whatnot being held responsible too?

DETROIT — Investigators found what is believed to be the torso of a 34-year-old suburban wife and mother of two who disappeared last month and are seeking her husband as the suspect in her slaying, the Macomb County sheriff said Saturday.

Sheriff Mark Hackel said the torso was found in the garage of the home in Macomb County's Washington Township shared by Tara Grant and her husband, Stephen, following a search that began Friday night.

Hackel said Stephen Grant was wanted for questioning and was last believed to be driving a yellow 2006 Dodge Dakota extended-cab pickup truck. He said his office was working with county prosecutors to seek murder charges.

"He is the number one and at this time the only suspect in the murder of Tara Lynn Grant," Hackel told reporters at a news conference in Mount Clemens.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256324,00.html

englishleigh said:
Does anyone else but me wonder if the German au pair may have been an accomplice in this? She sure did leave the family and return to Germany awfully fast after Tara vanished.
This wouldn't surprise me.

I thought this guy had been arrested already for this crime! I see now I misunderstood. I hope they get him this time, soon-before he is able to kill himself.

Personaly I hope that he saves the State the cost of a trial. How horrible for the children that are going to have to face the gruesom details when they are older.
R.I.P. Tara

concernedperson said:
Thanks for the time line RC it makes some of this clearer to me. O/T did you notice that Tara was a cheerleader?

The time line helped me out a good bit as I am not up to speed on this case. No I did not notice that Tara was a past cheerleader - am trying to catch up now. Very sad. How many others are going to be charged with hindering this investigation ? I wish LE would press charges against those that do this - criminal IMO.

I see that the husband allowed LE access to the house at the time he reported his wife missing (five days after her disappearance). Anything they found incriminating then COULD have been used, providing it was in plain site. That's the stickler. They can't move or open anything, just walk around and look. He had five days to remove anything from plain site.

Because she was an adult, it takes more than just her missing to give probable cause for a SW. In this instance, IMHO, the probable causes were

1. (per RC) No record of a reported phone call
2. She missed her flight
3. She missed her meeting
4. None of her credit cards or cell phone had been used

Those noted above in themselves should be probable cause enough after 21 days. But then you add.

5. When the husband turned over the requested computers, he only gave them two, but it's known there were four (including the wife's)
6. Enough time had elapsed, that in all probablility, especially because there are minor children involved and a mother USUALLY will not leave the kids behind, that there was foul play involved.
7. Statements made by the 'person of interest' (the husband) that conflicted with police reports, ie he was their #1 suspect, when LE had said no such thing and that when he was arrested for the driver's license incident he told his attorney they questioned him about his wife, when LE said that wasn't true at all.

I don't know if the aupair had anything to do with this, but I bet LE would like to talk to her in person.

I believe if they weren't, the husband probably felt LE was watching him so he had to be careful on how he disposed of the body. So, he probably started with a little here and a little there. Who knows, maybe he couldn't get up the guts to cut up the torso. Personally, I don't know how he could have killed her in the first place or even cut up any of her. OhMyGosh, this is SICK!!

FWIW, personally, and I hope I'm forgiven for this, but I don't care if he does kill himself. He's a murderer, IMHO. Let him save us all time, $$, and air. He's a waste of a human being.

I don't want to hear he was a good father. Good father's don't kill their children's mother. :furious:

JMHO
fran

PS....I hope LE isn't wasting all of their time looking for him shot in his truck on some dirt road. I HOPE they're looking for his truck at the airports and on the highways heading out of town..........fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back