GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am surprised when they did that cursory first search they didn't smell her dead body! That would have given them a reason to get a regular search warrant, right?

So sad. And to mutilate the body - it is beyond me how anyone could do this. Having read about the Pickton case first thing this morning, I am still reeling in a bit of shock! Scandi

"It is my belief that Stephen Grant committed suicide," David Griem told FOX News, adding that the husband and father of two was "emotionally distraught and suicidal."

Sheriff Mark Hackel said Tara Grant's torso was found in the family's garage after a widespread search began Friday night, and additional body parts were located in a nearby public park.

Hackel said Stephen Grant was last believed to be driving a yellow 2006 Dodge Dakota extended-cab pickup truck.

Griem attempted to dissuade his client from committing suicide, he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256324,00.html

chicoliving said:
Reporter at the area (missed his name and who he's with) talked with the attorney but didn't get much more than FNC did when they spoke with him. He said the attorney is convinced that he's killed himself and that he knows the means and all but because of the attorney client priv won't/can't say.

I would hope that LE isn't buying this attorney's statements. I don't trust him after the way he talked yesterday about the SW. He probably knows the guy's gonna run.

Too bad LE can't get a SW for the attorney's phone to see where the calls came from. Would that fall under attorney/client privilege if they are trying to save his life? ( tsk, tsk, ;) )

fran

If the attorney says he's dead, doesn't that diminish attorney/client privilege?

Just can't stand these scuzzy attorneys - stuff that search warrent up his integrity, if you can find any of it. Sure, he's there to protect his client's rights, but he's going beyond that with all the trash talk and accusations of a corrupt sherrif and such.

Considering the attorney's crass statement yesterday I have to wonder too. It doesnt' seem like it was a "heat of the moment" type statement... it was a SW and SG was not under arrest but free to leave.....and leave he did! Interesting thoughts on the attorney's phone records. Seems to use the info for location rather than content of conversation should be legal. Who knows. Now SG has all the rights while Tara's were so brutally taken away. Sick sick SOB.

Not sure if this has been asked, but if SG had a suspended license, then why did his neighbor let him borrow his vehicle? I'm sure the neighbor would have known this as it was reported on the news that he had been pulled over previously for driving under a suspended license.

i wonder who the sheriff's office is referring to as having mislead or been dishonest with investigators? Ex-girlfriend, perhaps?

SG looks pycho in the picture they are using on TV. His eyes are REALLY big!

His attorney is convinced he killed himself...Why? Because Grant said so.Mr. Mom aka purveyor of false info aka brutal mutilating killer...nah..I woudn't believe a thing Grant said. He may have told his attorney that to escape and since his attorney is hysterical anyway Grant may have thought he would buy it. Escaping as we call him names and LE picks up body parts.

Keep looking for that monster. Make sure he is dead or soon will be.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11163919/detail.html

The search for missing mother Tara Grant has come to an end as investigators said they found her torso inside the garage of the Grant home.Sheriff Mark Hackel held a briefing on Saturday morning to update media members as well as the local community."We have a search warrant for the arrest of Stephen Grant on charges of open murder and mutilation," said Hackel.

Hackel proceeded to say that investigators and search crews have recovered more body parts, but was not specific as to what type of parts was found.“We searched a three quarter square mile area and uncovered quite a bit of remains,” said Hackle during a news briefing on Saturday evening.“Our search will end at dark and will start early on Sunday," he said. “We will bring in the help of five K-9 dogs to assist in finding the rest of the remains.”During the briefing, Hackel stated that he has information that leads him to believe that Stephen Grant is still alive, but not in the Macomb County area.

Hackle said officials received information that Stephen Grant made contact with two separate people over the last 24 hours. He said he is working with other law enforcement agencies to track down Stephen Grant.

Local 4 reported that Stephen Grant called his sister to check on his children and some believe he is in northern Michigan. I've heard somewhere north of Bay City and East of I/75. Maybe that's pinpointed due to they tracked the calls he made?

Investigators had a warrant to search the Grant home on Friday evening. During the search, they recovered what they believe to be Tara Grant's torso.Hackel called Stephen Grant "the No. 1 and only suspect in the case."Grant was pulled over about one mile from his Washington Township home on Friday afternoon.

Officers placed Stephen Grant in the back of a squad car for about 20 minutes before letting him get into his Jeep.With squad cars closely following him, Stephen Grant drove to his home in Washington Township where several law enforcement officials who were searching his home greeted him.At the time of the search, Stephen Grant wasn't being apprehended and was free to walk his property. The last time Stephen Grant was seen was when he took his dog for a walk and never returned, Local 4 reported.Local 4 spoke with Stephen Grant's attorney David Griem who said he was worried for Stephen."Today is not a day for fighting words, today is the day for our thoughts and prayers to be with Tara Grant and her family, the Grant children and Stephen Grant and his family," said Griem."I'm deeply concerned about the health and well being of Stephen Grant," he added.

Investigators are searching 29 Mile and Mound roads, near Stoney Creek Beach, for more clues. Hackel told Local 4 they have information that leads them to believe there is more evidence in that area.

Officials said Stephen Grant was last seen driving a four-door yellow Dodge Dakota sport truck with the license plate 9FL-R57.Anyone with information on Stephen Grant's whereabouts is asked to call police immediately at 586-469-5151.

Stay with Local 4 News and ClickOnDetroit.com for the very latest developments.

Grant's lawyer, David Griem, said that the missing husband may have killed himself, but cops denied that.

"We have new information that leads us to believe Stephen Grant has not committed suicide and is still alive," said Sheriff Mark Hackel.

Hackel said a family member had helped with information on Grant's location, and that the department had tracked phone calls Grant made within the past two hours.

"We have an idea of where he might be," Hackel said, adding Grant is believed to be alone and not receiving help.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256324,00.html

chicoliving said:
Considering the attorney's crass statement yesterday I have to wonder too. It doesnt' seem like it was a "heat of the moment" type statement... it was a SW and SG was not under arrest but free to leave.....and leave he did! Interesting thoughts on the attorney's phone records. Seems to use the info for location rather than content of conversation should be legal. Who knows. Now SG has all the rights while Tara's were so brutally taken away. Sick sick SOB.
furious.gif
IMHO, I think you are 100% right. How DARE he?
I really want to stick it to this attorney right now. It seems that this was not a "heat of the moment" kind of thing. I guess money talks, huh? You can pay an attorney to say whatever you want him to say... Griem knows this guy isn't dead.

I can't wait till they bring this sicko in, dead OR alive.

MG

englishleigh said:
Does anyone else but me wonder if the German au pair may have been an accomplice in this? She sure did leave the family and return to Germany awfully fast after Tara vanished.
I think he was messing around with her. And he doesn't have the ba..s to hurt himself and get this over quickly for the children and familys sake.

I think the newspapers have mispelled the lawyer's name - I think it should be GRIME - JMO :slap: :slap: :slap:

Attorney Griem was just on the phone with Kimberly G FNC and was bit**ing and moaning about the SW. He said if SG is dead then the SW is moot but if he's still alive then he still thinks the SW was invalid and that LE did not have probable cause. He said he's still awaiting the copy of the SW to be faxed to him that was executed Friday night.

Was just watching Kimberly Guilfoyle's show and she was interviewing the sheriff and I swear he said the yellow truck had been located in northern MI but that Stephen was not in it?

englishleigh said:
Was just watching Kimberly Guilfoyle's show and she was interviewing the sheriff and I swear he said the yellow truck had been located in northern MI but that Stephen was not in it?
I thought I heard that too but then when she closed out the segment she gave the description again and the pic of a truck was shown. I was too busy posting and missed his exact words.

chicoliving said:
I thought I heard that too but then when she closed out the segment she gave the description again and the pic of a truck was shown. I was too busy posting and missed his exact words.

I wondered if Kimberly didn't catch what he said?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back