GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Based on the following, I am inclined to agree with you guys:

Stephen Grant's attorney, David Griem, talked to Local 4 after the news conference.

"There was no answer given whatsoever as to why, for two weeks, has Stephen Grant not been a suspect?" Griem said. "Why, for two weeks, has there not been probable cause and what has changed?"

Griem said he did not believe there was probable cause for a search.

"When all is said and done, I'm going to shove that search warrant where the sun doesn't shine," Griem said.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11158608

I'm not understanding why there is a huge search for his vehicle giong on at the moment seeing that his atty stated that he called from a payphone, stated he couldn't get sentences (plural) out, and he presumed he was going to commit suicide in the next few mins.

to ME that shows that they had a decent enough conversation that they could do sometype of trace to pinpoint the last place he was, and fan from there with a few officers (afterall IF he's dead, why waste the $$ right?) at the same time FOCUSING on preventing him from flying off into the distant land.

JinxieJada said:
I'm not understanding why there is a huge search for his vehicle giong on at the moment seeing that his atty stated that he called from a payphone, stated he couldn't get sentences (plural) out, and he presumed he was going to commit suicide in the next few mins.

to ME that shows that they had a decent enough conversation that they could do sometype of trace to pinpoint the last place he was, and fan from there with a few officers (afterall IF he's dead, why waste the $$ right?) at the same time FOCUSING on preventing him from flying off into the distant land.

I was thinking the same thing Jinxie. The attorney said it was from a payphone at a motel. Ok, WHAT MOTEL?

JMHO
fran

I just saw this on FOX news online and have a question - was he living in the house with the children this whole time?

His attorney stated that he was "Mr. Mom" to those kids or something to that effect..so I'm guessing that yes, they were with him. They were not at home during the search nor with they w/ Stephen when he was served the warrant from the various threads..(If I've misinterpreted someone please fix! lol)

Jaded said:
I just saw this on FOX news online and have a question - was he living in the house with the children this whole time?

As far as we know, yes he was living at the home with the kids. But now the children are with 'other' family.

So they're safe.

He must have done his 'dirty work' while the kids were sleeping. They're 4 and 6.

JMHO
fran

"Despite what people may think of him and what may have happened, Stephen Grant was a good parent," the lawyer said. "He was Mr. Mom to those kids. He cared for them every day.""

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070303/NEWS04/70303003

His atty did an interview pleading for him to turn himself in etc, and stated that the children are w/ stephen's sister in Sterling Heights and that they were picked up last night.

also from the above link..the following snips, as to why I'm not understanding why they aren't able to locate him?

"
Griem said Grant turned down repeated pleas to meet. Grant called from a hotel pay phone, Griem said.

"He was increasingly emotionally distraught,' Griem said. "He had a hard time getting sentences out coherently. He was rambling. I was telling him all the reasons he needed to live - most especially, two main reason: a little 4-year-old and a little 6-year-old."

"I spoke with him twice early this morning," Griem said. "And after the second conversation I had no doubt he was going to commit suicide within minutes."

**All that seems to me - that it would take at least a few mins right? especially if someone is that distraught, you would have to continuously be repeating yourself, or having them repeat themselves, the calm down talks etc right?**

Here's where they talk about other's possibly facing charges..doesn't identify who "they" are though...

"The sheriff also said other people, who may have misled investigators during the past three weeks, could face charges."

Whatcha all think? I did read one article that stated LE was acting in the fashion that SG was still alive....so we aren't the only ones thinking otherwise.

I don't know what I think, other than he killed Tara...his eyes in the photo they keep showing on TV look like the eyes of someone who is insane, and the fact that he chopped Tara up and put part of her body in the family garage is the act of either an insane or just really, really evil, horrible person. I do think it's very possible that the "suicidal" phone call to the lawyer was a ruse so he could buy himself some time to get away, but he may very well be dead somewhere. I just hope they find him soon, and my heart and prayers go out to Tara's kids and family.

The search for missing mother Tara Grant has come to an end as investigators said they found her torso inside the garage of the Grant home.

Investigators had a warrant to search the Grant home on Friday evening. During the search, they recovered what they believe to be Tara Grant's torso.

A manhunt is now under way for Tara's husband Stephen Grant. Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel called Stephen Grant "the No. 1 and only suspect in the case."

~snip~

Officials said Stephen Grant was last seen driving a yellow Dodge Dakota sport truck with the license plate 9FLR57.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11163919/detail.html

englishleigh said:
I don't know what I think, other than he killed Tara...his eyes in the photo they keep showing on TV look like the eyes of someone who is insane, and the fact that he chopped Tara up and put part of her body in the family garage is the act of either an insane or just really, really evil, horrible person. I do think it's very possible that the "suicidal" phone call to the lawyer was a ruse so he could buy himself some time to get away, but he may very well be dead somewhere. I just hope they find him soon, and my heart and prayers go out to Tara's kids and family.
How far is Canada from where they live? His eyes are wonkey - Charles Manson wonkey, imo.

Sheriff speaking to reporters (FNC covering) says tips may lead them to Lansing, MI area. More body parts found in that wooded area did not say what parts. SG has neighbor/friends truck, the yellow Dodge. Sheriff said some are not being honest with LE.

Sorry that's about all I caught.

The wooded area they searched today has turned up further evidence...

Tips are coming in leading investigators to areas from Detroit to Lansing -

(taken From taralynngrant.com)

~snip~

Hackel said Stephen Grant was detained Friday before the search began, but returned to his home, where he let investigators inside and later left. Hackel said investigators didn't have evidence at the time to hold him.
"We have to follow the law," Hackel told reporters in Washington Township. "I cannot infringe on people's individual rights."

Hackel said his office also was working with prosecutors to determine whether anyone misled investigators, and those people — who Hackel declined to identify — also could face charges in the case.

The truck authorities were searching for was apparently borrowed by Stephen Grant from a friend who wasn't aware that Grant would be sought as a suspect, Hackel said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256324,00.html

Investigators discovered more body parts in northern Macomb County, and Stephen Grant is still missing, Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said his afternoon.

Searchers found the body parts scattered and covered in snow in various locations on the outskirts of Stony Creek Metropark at Mt. Vernon, near Dequindre.

“I think this gives us the indication that he was trying to hide the parts,” Hackel said of Stephen Grant.

Taken from the update of the freep article....

Also, Yellow trucks in general are not common, but does anyone know what year truck this is?

Jaded said:
How far is Canada from where they live? His eyes are wonkey - Charles Manson wonkey, imo.
With good traffic, you can be in canada in a half hour - 45 mins easily...via the bridge or tunnel, which would land him in Downtown part of Windsor. NOT to mention IF he did go that route....Last night was friday night = PARTY night...easy to get lost in the crowd.....

Michelle S from AMW was just interviewed on FNC and said this story will be covered tonight. Gives me hope that someone out there will see this bright yellow truck and call it in.

chicoliving said:
Michelle S from AMW was just interviewed on FNC and said this story will be covered tonight. Gives me hope that someone out there will see this bright yellow truck and call it in.

I hope they're doing a fast and furious update to include the most recent developments. This case was already scheduled to be featured tonite per my AMW update a few days ago.

They've got to find that darn truck and the murderer!

I am just sick over this. I mean, I always believed he did it, but to cut her into pieces! OhMyGosh, I can't believe it! It makes me just sick!

JMHO
fran

The attorney Griem was just on the phone with FNC. Talked a bit about the two phone calls in the middle of the night with SG. He told SG that he had those two children to live for etc. Wouldn't go into detail because of client-attorney priv. He said he felt from that last conversation that SG was going to commit suicide at the completion of that call. Said he was staring up at the ceiling after final call and wondered what could have been done different....(I'm thinking he should shove something somewhere but that's just me).........he said he was a real Mr Mom but meant that in a good way. SG cared for the two children 5 days a week and helped TG with them on the weekend.....(what about that au pair? just window dressing? gmafb)

fran said:
I hope they're doing a fast and furious update to include the most recent developments. This case was already scheduled to be featured tonite per my AMW update a few days ago.

They've got to find that darn truck and the murderer!

I am just sick over this. I mean, I always believed he did it, but to cut her into pieces! OhMyGosh, I can't believe it! It makes me just sick!

JMHO
fran
That was my impression fran, that this would all be included or at least updated in some way.

Yeah, its a shocker. I tried to find updates about the news conference last night but nothing. Kinda know why now. This is just horrible!

Reporter at the area (missed his name and who he's with) talked with the attorney but didn't get much more than FNC did when they spoke with him. He said the attorney is convinced that he's killed himself and that he knows the means and all but because of the attorney client priv won't/can't say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back