GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
chicoliving said:
Could be. I wasn't sure I heard what I thought I heard but if you heard it too....

I did hear it. I was waiting for Kimberly to ask him about it but she didn't. Weird.

Sheriff Mark Hackel appearing on Fox 2 News at 10, stated the the yellow Dodge Dakota has been located and authorities in Cheyboygan and Emmet counties are looking for Grant.

Also appearing was attorney David Griem who still believes that Grant has commited suicide. He also said the if Grant is still alive, he should turn himself over to authorities.

A warrant for open murder has been issued for the arrest of Stephen Grant. Anyone who has information as to his whereabouts is asked to contact the Macomb County Sheriff or their local law enforcement agency. He is not believed to be carrying any weapons, but the Sheriff could not say whether Grant is considered dangerous.

Macomb County Sheriff's Dept: (586)-469-5151.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/

Thanks for that, Kadie. I guess Kimberly didn't catch that bit of info. The sheriff does speak very fast.

Let us know what she says, Chico!! Thanks!

Kadie said:
Sheriff Mark Hackel appearing on Fox 2 News at 10, stated the the yellow Dodge Dakota has been located and authorities in Cheyboygan and Emmet counties are looking for Grant.

Also appearing was attorney David Griem who still believes that Grant has commited suicide. He also said the if Grant is still alive, he should turn himself over to authorities.

A warrant for open murder has been issued for the arrest of Stephen Grant. Anyone who has information as to his whereabouts is asked to contact the Macomb County Sheriff or their local law enforcement agency. He is not believed to be carrying any weapons, but the Sheriff could not say whether Grant is considered dangerous.

Macomb County Sheriff's Dept: (586)-469-5151.

[url="http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/"]http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/[/url]
Thank you!

No problem. I live in Michigan, although quite far from Detroit! But it seems that he is heading up my way! Will watch the local news at 11pm and check their websites for any updates.

Tara was a high school friend of one of my husband's co-workers, so I've been following the case on the Detroit Free Press website since she was reported missing.

Crazy stuff!

According to the local news at 11pm tonight.... They have not found Grant but they have evacuated a State Park and according to eyewitnesses there are approximately 30 officers there searching the park. Sounds like they found the truck either in the Park or nearby. This area is probably about 300 miles or so from their home. I've included a link of the park they are talking about:

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/ParksandTrailsInfo.aspx?id=509

Kadie said:
According to the local news at 11pm tonight.... They have not found Grant but they have evacuated a State Park and according to eyewitnesses there are approximately 30 officers there searching the park. Sounds like they found the truck either in the Park or nearby. This area is probably about 300 miles or so from their home. I've included a link of the park they are talking about:

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/ParksandTrailsInfo.aspx?id=509
Thank you so much! Wow, I sure hope he doesn't take anyone else out with him. Wonder if he's still trying to dispose of evidence? Doesn't seem like a place to run to and blend in but could be a place to get another vehicle, one with amenities built right in. I hope they find him soon.

Kadie said:
Tara was a high school friend of one of my husband's co-workers, so I've been following the case on the Detroit Free Press website since she was reported missing.

Crazy stuff!

That is so sad. Condolences to your husband's co-worker.

I've been watching it on NBC Detroit by satellite, They are into their regular newscast now.

Jess said:
I've been watching it on NBC Detroit by satellite, They are into their regular newscast now.
Oh ok! I'm sure they'll update the website soon...hopefully this will come to a close soon and innocents aren't harmed. He sure doesn't have a lot to lose at this point.

Stephen Grant called his sister around 5 p.m. on Saturday to check on his children and police traced that call to northern Michigan at the Wilderness State Park near the Mackinac Bridge, according to Hackel.

Officials said they believe Stephen Grant is “hiding out” in a cabin. Macomb County Sheriffs are en route to northern Michigan and, with the help of law enforcement in that area, they hope to detain Stephen Grant.

The yellow Dodge truck that Stephen Grant was last seen driving was also located.

David Griem, Stephen Grant’s attorney, said he feared for his client’s well-being and thinks he may be suicidal, but Hackel said they have reason to believe Stephen Grant is still alive.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11163919/detail.html

He really does have "insane" eyes. Scary.

I don't think it makes much difference if he kills himself or if he commits suicide by "officer" or they take him in. His life is over. What a horrible thing he did to his wife. I've noticed that the guys that yell the loudest about being harrassed by LE and accusing them of all kinds of things are the guilty ones. Debbie Hawk's husband is another one of those loud mouths that will get his one of these days.

These killers never think about their children. He calls his sister to see how the kids are doing. Did he think about the kids when he was murdering their mom and while he was chopping off parts of her body. I don't know how anyone can do something like that. What a sick human being.

In the long run it would probably be easier of his children if he is killed or kills himself. He would probably expect those little ones to visit him in jail and prison if he lives.

I hope they do charge anyone who got in the way of the investigation including that attorney who tried so hard to convince them that this monster had killed himself.

If they don't catch him...I really think he's gonna run into canada..Heck once he gets up there far enough, with this time of year, he could go almost "underground" so to speak with how isolated some of the roads get.

And I still think the suicide bit this morning was a ploy by the Atty to buy SG more time. And it appears (again to me) that he's STILL trying to do it. The SBC thing I can see him doing..

I do feel horribly sad for their children, and for both families. The scary thing is this seems to be happening on a more frequent basis. before it seemed it would happen once in a blue moon now it's daily..or is it we are hearing MORE of the situation as they occur where prior it was based on what news feeds you picked up is what information you knew about?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense it's like 5 somethin in the morning and I still haven't went to bed LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back