GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lizzie's Mom said:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070304/METRO/703040331/1003

Just read this article. IMO, this 'man' has a problem. He has control issues. He killed her because she wasn't obedient enough for his liking.

Bring him back and save the state a lot of money and line up the firing squad. I'll pay for the ammunition. :bang:

Then start investigating his attorney.

I agree about the control issues. It seems he was underemployed as compared to her. He did a lot of damage control for his own self worth while denigrating her at every opportunity.

fran said:
I joined WS during the search for Laci Peterson. Although we KNEW SP did it, it's hard to explain the feeling that I had the day it was announced Laci and Conner had washed ashore. The reality of the crime, I guess, and the condition of the bodies.

That's the same way I feel about this case. I KNEW he did it, but the 'condition' of her body and how they're finding parts scattered around the countryside, it makes it much harder to fathom how a husband could do such a thing to his own wife. The ONE person he was SUPPOSED to love, honor, and cherish.

What a tragedy for everyone involved. Like Sharon Rocha said, there's always "DIVORCE."

JMHO
fran
I knew this guy did it, too. I wondered why they took his word that she left in a car. Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding the search warrant that they finally obtained? Why were they able to get it? Why didn't they ask for one sooner?

I just don't understand why this guy didn't just get a divorce. Since he was Mr. Mom and his wife had the better job and she traveled, he could have gotten custody of the children as well as child support. I also think that this guy has control issues. He wasn't about to let her go. He probably knew that she wouldn't miss a beat (concerning him) if they were to get a divorce.

concernedperson said:
I agree about the control issues. It seems he was underemployed as compared to her. He did a lot of damage control for his own self worth while denigrating her at every opportunity.

There have been a # of these types of huband murders wife cases in recent months and years, where the wife was highly successful and or very outgoing with lots of friends, and the husband was a step below. Often times the husband's parents are successful, he tries but fails, but the wife had gone on and gotten educated and successfully employed.

These guys don't mind 'living the life' their wife's successful career allows them to have. But once the wife learns she's married to a loser or starts to disagree with what the husband wants, they kill them or make them disappear.

It is a control issue, a type of abuse. To the abuser, the wife isn't a person but a possession. Once he sees he MAY be loosing that possession, he makes sure no one else will have her. They don't even consider divorce because then they'd loose complete control.

What a shame Tara didn't see this coming. Or..................maybe she did and was doing something about it, ie she went to a psychiatrist to talk about her problems, and maybe she'd made that fatal decision..............the one her husband wasn't willing to accept.

JMHO
fran

Kadie,

Thanks for all the updates - appreciate it very much. I am glad the sheriff caught up with this guy and he is in custody. While it would have been simpler if he had killed himself I am thankful he did not. I prefer he be brought to justice, thrown in jail and forced to sit through trial aware that whole world knows what he did and will look on at him appropriately. I want him to spend every day of the rest of his life in a jail cell having to live with what he has done. He may never feel remorse for what he did but he will never again be free or capable of a real life either. These things seem to be more important to him than his wife or even his children - he deserves to lose it all and to have to deal with it daily. I just wish our jails were actually jails. JMO.

RC

I thought it was funny that the attorney resigned, esp. after what he said after the search warrant was issued.
And I can only hope that as he was being hunted, in the dark and the cold, stumbling and hiding, that just maybe he may have felt just a little bit of the desperation that Tara felt.
And that in his trial, the jury gets to hear what he said about the mother of his children, the woman found dismembered in his children's home.

kahskye said:
Just curious if anyone heard anything about the dog? One article mentioned he was seen walking his dog. I'm more concerned about the dog, can't you tell?
He did walk the dog as they were starting the search of the house. Then I believe he dropped the dog off at his sister's house. Unsure if this is the same sister that has the kids, but probably. I think that is the excuse he used to borrow his neighbor's truck (the yellow Dodge). I think he borrowed it so he could go drop the dog off while the police were there searching.

JinxieJada said:
Fran,

We don't have the death penalty here...although I have heard of an insider's death penalty once they get behind the bars ....But No "Dept of Corrections" guided Death penalty.
LOL!! Hubby works for DOC here in Michigan. Wonder if he'll get the honor of meeting SG?!

Ps....Thanks Fran for your kind words!

raisincharlie said:
Kadie,

Thanks for all the updates - appreciate it very much. I am glad the sheriff caught up with this guy and he is in custody. While it would have been simpler if he had killed himself I am thankful he did not. I prefer he be brought to justice, thrown in jail and forced to sit through trial aware that whole world knows what he did and will look on at him appropriately. I want him to spend every day of the rest of his life in a jail cell having to live with what he has done. He may never feel remorse for what he did but he will never again be free or capable of a real life either. These things seem to be more important to him than his wife or even his children - he deserves to lose it all and to have to deal with it daily. I just wish our jails were actually jails. JMO.

RC
No problem RC! I wonder what his "excuse" will be.....I also wonder what was the cause of death? Was the au pair involved? It blows my mind that he and his attorney were so cocky in the press and then the police find a TORSO in his garage?! Plus numerous body parts not far away from the house. All the while, SG is acting seemingly normal and speaking out about his innocence. I still can't believe that interview he gave about he being the better Mother than Tara......He seems like a real piece of work.

PS.....I believe the kids are still with the same sister. I haven't heard any different. I wonder if Tara's family will take them or if they will share custody of them?! I don't know how that will work or if the DHS (Dept of Human Services) will have to get involved to see who gets custody. I assume he will probably remain in jail until the trial. I don't see him getting out on bail....can you say flight risk?
IMO

Kadie said:
LOL!! Hubby works for DOC here in Michigan. Wonder if he'll get the honor of meeting SG?!

Oh goody! :) Just like with the SP case and since incarceration, where we had periodic updates on how much SP is suffering from SQV, maybe after he's serving time, you can from time to time let us know how poorly he's doing.

We want to cry for him. NOT!! :D

fran

His defense attorney resigned. Good for him. Maybe that attorney actually has standards. :clap:

I'm still playing catchup with this case, but I just wanted to share with you all that Stoney Creek metropark, where some of Tara's remains were scattered, is a beautiful place to go. My daughter and I spent a lot of time there in summers past. Creeps me out a little now......

englishleigh said:
His defense attorney resigned. Good for him. Maybe that attorney actually has standards. :clap:

The client may have told him he was guilty so the attorney couldn't properly represent him, so I guess you could call that 'standards.'

It might also be because his friends and family told him what a scum he sounded like when he found out about the SW. He's probably embarrassed that he made such a fool of himself and sounded so classless. :slap:

JMHO
fran

amandab said:
I'm still playing catchup with this case, but I just wanted to share with you all that Stoney Creek metropark, where some of Tara's remains were scattered, is a beautiful place to go. My daughter and I spent a lot of time there in summers past. Creeps me out a little now......

Just to play it safe, amandab, I'd wait until they find ALL of Tara before I ventured into Stoney Creek metropark for a leisurely walk again. :angel:

JMHO
fran

I am sorry but I wish he had fallen in the water. Tara's family is going to be dragged through court and haven't they already gone thru enough?

"All I could do was close the garage door,"

That statement he made about her supposedly leaving through the garage gives me the heebies. Did he think bashing his wife to the press would get the focus off him?

I don't understand how these guys think they will get away with killing their wives.

I was talking with my husband last night after we watched NG about the missing firefighter mom and how long it took the husband to report her missing. I asked him how long it would take him to report me missing and his response was "seconds". I would do the same! I don't understand the mentality of waiting so long to report missing.
My prayers are with Tara's family and I hope for justice. This man is a monster.

fran said:
him if he KNOWS he's guilty.

Too bad Grant didn't commit suicide, could have saved us a bunch of $$ and time. Sorry, but you find his wife's torso in his garage, the guy is guilty as heck.

Guess he has the guts to kill a defenseless woman, but not enough nerve to do himself in.

JMHO
fran
Too bad he didn't commit suicide before killing his wife. What posseses someone to be so selfish they give no thought to their children whatsover? Two more innocent children whose father took their mother away from them, now no father either. Isn't divorce simpler?

Cubby said:
Too bad he didn't commit suicide before killing his wife. What posseses someone to be so selfish they give no thought to their children whatsover? Two more innocent children whose father took their mother away from them, now no father either. Isn't divorce simpler?

I guess this shows what a low mentality the guy really has. So many people say the husband did it because he didn't want to have to pay child support of 18 years, yadda, yadda, yadda.................but here, with the type of job she had, let's face it, she made more $$ than him IMO, HE stayed home and took care of the kids while she traveled.

In all honesty, he probably could have received the house, the kids, and child support IF he'd have just gotten a DIVORCE. But no, he gets all possessive and kills her and now he'll have nothing. Nada! :behindbar

Besided the fact he's a sick for what he did to her AFTER he KILLED her. :furious:

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3