GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
fran said:
I guess this shows what a low mentality the guy really has. So many people say the husband did it because he didn't want to have to pay child support of 18 years, yadda, yadda, yadda.................but here, with the type of job she had, let's face it, she made more $$ than him IMO, HE stayed home and took care of the kids while she traveled.

In all honesty, he probably could have received the house, the kids, and child support IF he'd have just gotten a DIVORCE. But no, he gets all possessive and kills her and now he'll have nothing. Nada! :behindbar

Besided the fact he's a sick for what he did to her AFTER he KILLED her. :furious:

JMHO
fran
I am NOT trying to justify this horrific acts against Tara and the fact that he has left his children without a mother, but I'm wondering if maybe he didn't go off the deep-end because he saw himself as a failure.

Because Tara was so very successful and he was "just" a stay-at-home-dad, I wonder if in his warped brain, he saw himself as a failure in his sociologically accepted male role within his family. He never adjusted his thought process to accept it and mentally make the progression to today's acceptance level.

I think the GREEN EYED MONSTER JEALOUSY turned very, very evil and destroyed this guys brain.

I think it was channel 7 (local detroit channel unsure of the call letters) that had an interview with neighbors that lived immediately next to the grant's and they stated he had to have snapped because that is not the couple that they knew or something to that effect.

Lizzie's Mom said:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070304/METRO/703040331/1003

Just read this article. IMO, this 'man' has a problem. He has control issues. He killed her because she wasn't obedient enough for his liking.

Bring him back and save the state a lot of money and line up the firing squad. I'll pay for the ammunition. :bang:

Then start investigating his attorney.
-----------------------=

Can I help with the ammo bill? What is wrong with all of these men? For God's sake~get a divorce!! So they pay alimony.Do they consider paying with their lives better than alimony? I cannot believe how many think they will get away with it,they do not read a newspaper? Now some lawyer will get up there,try to prove innocence and waste more taxpayers money.I'm all for just lining them up. I do not like the look in his eyes! IMO.

JinxieJada said:
I think it was channel 7 (local detroit channel unsure of the call letters) that had an interview with neighbors that lived immediately next to the grant's and they stated he had to have snapped because that is not the couple that they knew or something to that effect.

Well, if he 'snapped' it took awhile for him to do it. He began his premeditation, IMHO, with those emails to the ex gf a month or so prior. He set it in her head that the wife was cheating on him. Trying to 'set the stage' so to speak.

I don't think he snapped at all. I think he wanted it all and this was his way of doing it.

There's also that old saying about 'nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.'

JMHO
fran

I wasn't saying he snapped...only was repeating what the neighbors that interacted w/ them stated.

I think initially he may have snapped when he killed her and didn't maybe mean to or something to that effect...but really only two parties know..one isn't around any longer to speak it, and the other probably won't ever speak the truth....

He sounds like the typical sociopath. I'll get what I want when I want it and to hell with anyone that gets in my way because I'm special. He killed his wife and this coulda been spur of the moment or a fight gone really bad but to hide her and then dismember her and toss the pieces around in an attempt to hide them shows he knew what he was doing, he was covering up his actions all the while insisting that she left and he knows nothing.

I'm sure no one saw this coming although Tara might have....I've yet to hear the neighbor/friend of one of these murderers to ever say they saw it coming or that they just knew something was wrong with the guy. They only were able to see what SG wanted them to see.

fran said:
I guess this shows what a low mentality the guy really has. So many people say the husband did it because he didn't want to have to pay child support of 18 years, yadda, yadda, yadda.................but here, with the type of job she had, let's face it, she made more $$ than him IMO, HE stayed home and took care of the kids while she traveled.

In all honesty, he probably could have received the house, the kids, and child support IF he'd have just gotten a DIVORCE. But no, he gets all possessive and kills her and now he'll have nothing. Nada! :behindbar

Besided the fact he's a sick for what he did to her AFTER he KILLED her. :furious:

JMHO
fran
Think about this. He was the stay at home dad. *If* they would have divorced it's likely as the primary care giver *he* would have had primary custody and *she* would be paying him child support and most likely spousal support for a given amount of time. She would most likely be the non custodial parent, unless she was willing to change careers, ie. give up traveling.

It doesn't sound like it was about that, like someone else posted, it was about his image of her, himself etc. etc. Whether or not we'll ever know remains to be seen, but did the guy ever express his feelings to his wife about this or did he simply stew about her not living up to "the role" he expected until he finally committed this heinious crime.

His words describing how she changed since they married, "used to have the big hair" gave me the heebie jeebies. How he "waited" for a year, as a friend while she was dating someone else....... The whole thing makes the hair on my neck stand up.

Never mind the look on his face in the photo reminds me of someone experiencing a mania of some kind.

So incredibly sad. I was glad to read the Aunt and Uncle caring for the children were doing their best to keep them "emotionally safe" right now. Those kids need our prayers, thoughts, whatever you believe.

chicoliving said:
He sounds like the typical sociopath. I'll get what I want when I want it and to hell with anyone that gets in my way because I'm special. He killed his wife and this coulda been spur of the moment or a fight gone really bad but to hide her and then dismember her and toss the pieces around in an attempt to hide them shows he knew what he was doing, he was covering up his actions all the while insisting that she left and he knows nothing.

Ya'll did see his quote on Scott P. didn't you? This was just before they served the search warrant.

Hours before police executed a warrant to search his house for clues as to his wife's disappearance, Stephen Grant told a newspaper he understood why people suspected him of wrongdoing but said he was innocent.

"That's what I would think when I watched cases like this," he told The Detroit News on Friday. "When Laci Peterson came up missing (in 2002), I was sure her husband (Scott) did it. But now I'm on the other side of it."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/04/national/main2534083.shtml?source=mostpop_story

mysteriew said:
Ya'll did see his quote on Scott P. didn't you? This was just before they served the search warrant.
OMG!

When I heard Tara's torso was found I immediately went in my mind to Laci! I almost went to old threads to post,,,could he (SP) have actually only disposed of her torso in the Bay and all along we thought it occured the way it did with only Laci's torso being found due to the placement of the anchors and the ocean pulling at her restrained body. Then I thought better of it, deciding that the idea of SP weighting her down around her waist and after Conner was expelled, the binding loosened to release Laci, was in reality, taking my thoughts too far into the Twilight Zone.

This NUT SG used the trial of SP as a mental guide book! OMG, that makes me even more angered than I already was at this low-life piece of work!

He really was seeing it as SP saw it. He knew what had happened, he knew he was being watched, he was being pressured by LE, he was being asked for interviews by media- he really did know what SP went through.

chicoliving said:
I'm sure no one saw this coming although Tara might have....I've yet to hear the neighbor/friend of one of these murderers to ever say they saw it coming or that they just knew something was wrong with the guy. They only were able to see what SG wanted them to see.

Exactly. My dau. & sil are separated, and probably heading for a divorce. I can assure you that none of their neighbors even know he moved out, let alone anything about their relationship. They would all say they had a perfect family and a solid relationship. Their close friends and family know the truth.

Cubby said:
Think about this. He was the stay at home dad. *If* they would have divorced it's likely as the primary care giver *he* would have had primary custody and *she* would be paying him child support and most likely spousal support for a given amount of time. She would most likely be the non custodial parent, unless she was willing to change careers, ie. give up traveling.

It doesn't sound like it was about that, like someone else posted, it was about his image of her, himself etc. etc. Whether or not we'll ever know remains to be seen, but did the guy ever express his feelings to his wife about this or did he simply stew about her not living up to "the role" he expected until he finally committed this heinious crime.

His words describing how she changed since they married, "used to have the big hair" gave me the heebie jeebies. How he "waited" for a year, as a friend while she was dating someone else....... The whole thing makes the hair on my neck stand up.

Never mind the look on his face in the photo reminds me of someone experiencing a mania of some kind.

So incredibly sad. I was glad to read the Aunt and Uncle caring for the children were doing their best to keep them "emotionally safe" right now. Those kids need our prayers, thoughts, whatever you believe.
Exactly, Cubby. I totally agree with all of your points. When I read his description of how they started dating, it really gave me the creeps. It sounds like he basically stalked her. Ugh.

This murder is all about his lack of self-esteem and need for power and control in this relationship. I agree that he must have been stewing about the role reversal for a while. I'd guess that her assignment to a job in puerto rico in January was the last straw for him. I have to say I don't think I'd be thrilled if I were in his shoes either (he's home with the kids while she's on a tropical island 5 days out of the week), but murder is *definitely* not the way to deal with the situation. If he was so unhappy, he should have filed for divorce and tried to gain custody and child support. But since women are usually the ones getting custody and child support, I guess doing that would have just caused more damage to his bruised and oh-so-fragile male psyche. Yuck!

They had an au pair for goodness sakes! Just how much hands on do we think he had with his children? How much housework? How much meal planning, shopping and preparation? Laundry? Not just a babysitter but an au pair!

Life wasn't going the way he felt he deserved so he changed it. He had no remorse or he wouldn't have tried to "hide" her body! Can a defense attorney find a way to blame this murder and dismemberment on a satanic cult?? Surely a devoted husband and father wouldn't do such a thing!! Phooey he's a sick sick person that thinks only of himself and has no remorse for the death of his wife so he tried to get rid of her body. Even if the death was a result of heat of passion its what he did afterwards that really really matters in this. The killing is the easy part and its that pesky body to get rid of afterwards thats the kink in the works.

chicoliving said:
I was paying attention to Tara being missing but what's happened in the last couple of days reminds me so very much of Scott Peterson. What is wrong with these men that divorce isn't an option?

If they choose murder over divorce I think its a good chance that sociopathy is at play. I think we have a huge population of these sociopaths and unfortunately they aren't all behind bars....yet.

JinxieJada said:
I wasn't saying he snapped...only was repeating what the neighbors that interacted w/ them stated.

I think initially he may have snapped when he killed her and didn't maybe mean to or something to that effect...but really only two parties know..one isn't around any longer to speak it, and the other probably won't ever speak the truth....

JinxieJada:

I know you weren't the one saying it and you were quoting a neighbor. That's why I said something about 'behind closed doors.' I know a neighbor can live right next door to a guy who beats the cra* out of his wife, and have no clue. I was that clueless neighbor many years ago.

I had no idea that the woman next door's husband, an Engineer, was beating the cra# out of her. I had another neighbor tell me. That's when I pieced it together of her meekness, her two children's shyness, her not being seen for a week at a time. It was because she was waiting for a black eye to go away or something.

Poor thing, he got a new job in Utah and she quietly sold the house and followed him with her two children and by then brand new baby. She had a chance to get out but she didn't. I've often thought of her and her children. Wondering if she's still with him, still alive, and if the kids are ok, abusive, whatever.

I feel bad now that I think about it that I never did anything. But she was only curtly nice to me. I had six kids at home at the time, three teenagers and three under the age of five. My mind was on my own life then, not taking time to see what was just next door.

I might have thought this guy 'just snapped' IF it hadn't been for those LYING emails to the ex-gf. Setting his wife up as a cheater, so that when she disappeared it wouldn't be any big surprise out of the blue. That tells me, he had this planned. Maybe not for that exact moment, but the time may have come earlier than he thought if she was perhaps fed up with him and talked about leaving him or something.

But, like you said, we don't know what happened and we'll only have his word for it. After all, he made sure Tara can't tell us.

So sad. All this for nothing. Another woman killed by the man that promised to protect her,...................'til death do us part. :(

JMHO
fran

PS....I know someone who was in an abusive relationship (not the one mentioned above) but we had all figured it out. What creeped me out is whenever they had a big blow out, he always ended with, 'Remember, 'til death do us part.' I was so sure he was going to end up killing her. Well, long OT story short, he tried. He ended up serving time (wasn't the first contact LE had for domestic disturbance at their address), and she is in the process of getting a divorce now (had him served in jail). He's out of jail now and I pray every day he doesn't take it to the next level.......fran

mysteriew said:

OhMyGosh mysteriew!

I forgot that I saw that earlier, it went right over my head.

See, he knew a mistake that SP made was that he left the body where it could possibly be found. It seems that the only guys who stand a chance of getting away with their deed, is IF the body completely disappears and there's {no proof} of a crime! That's what this dismemberment thing was all about. He probably thought that by spreading her body all around the county, he'd never be found out. (but, imo, he shoulda' buried the parts?)

I bet he was almost to the point he thought he'd gotten away with it too,... until they served the SW BEFORE he was done getting rid of what remained of her body.

I was thinking earlier what kind of person could cut up another human being. I mean it's not like fileting a fish. Then I thought of where he lived and I was wondering IF he was by chance a hunter. A hunter who was experienced in say cutting up a deer or elk? That would explain to me anyway, how he could even bring himself to cut up something as large as a human being.

But his own wife? The mother of his children?

Good grief, this still makes me shudder.

JMHO
fran

PS...Someone else mentioned it here and I remember it from our resident lawyer on the Laci Peterson board. The biggest problem a murderer has is getting rid of the body. It's like the 'elephant in the middle of the room.'........fran

chicoliving said:
They had an au pair for goodness sakes! Just how much hands on do we think he had with his children? How much housework? How much meal planning, shopping and preparation? Laundry? Not just a babysitter but an au pair!

Life wasn't going the way he felt he deserved so he changed it. He had no remorse or he wouldn't have tried to "hide" her body! Can a defense attorney find a way to blame this murder and dismemberment on a satanic cult?? Surely a devoted husband and father wouldn't do such a thing!! Phooey he's a sick sick person that thinks only of himself and has no remorse for the death of his wife so he tried to get rid of her body. Even if the death was a result of heat of passion its what he did afterwards that really really matters in this. The killing is the easy part and its that pesky body to get rid of afterwards thats the kink in the works.

You call it sugar ! I am sick of all the excuses. This dude was living the life of entitlement at someone else's expense. He did the deed and was watched so he couldn't follow through w/ what he planned. He thought he would be different than Scott and get away with it. Phooey, he is a stupid sociopath.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back