GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Beffie said:
I hope this is not a John Couey confession, that gets thrown out. That, added to the (not legal) search warrant the ex lawyer keeps talking about.

Just said the reason for the search warrant was they found human blood. I should of been paying more attention to the tv and not typing. Something about baggies and blood? Did anyone catch what was said? TIA

I was doing the same thing. LOL! I believe the sheriff was speaking about clues found on the original search at the metro park. But, I can't be sure if it was blood and/or baggies that was found. In any event it prompted the SW for the house.

I just read this whole article. It personally makes me sick.

I have had several friends over the years who have had "stay at home husbands." I don't mean to offend anyone and maybe this works for some but, this just bothers me. I believe that when God created men they were made with an internal need to be providers. They have a need to be successful in there role providing and caring for their families. I think it can really trow a man off when he is unable to do this. Typically what I have seen is that it is a man who has had difficulty maintaining employment, can't successfully support his family and his wife makes more money than he does so, in the end the wife works to support the family and keep things a float because basically, HE WON'T!!!!! Then the man sits at home and wines about normal household duties that "stay at home" moms preform everyday. How many mothers feel like they are a "valet" or a taxi service? I know I do. How many times have I had to go to a school function without my husband? Many!!! Why is it that when a father is absent from such things it is accepted but because she had to pick up the slack where he wouldn't she is called a "bad mother." BLAH BLAH BLAH he can complain all he wants that she worked too much, but I promise you he liked the lifestyle it afforded him. Sounds to me that Tara did what she needed to do because her husband was a lazy no good provider who could not keep a job but also had to have a nanny home to help him take care of the kids because he couldn't do that without help either!!!! Oh men like his make me mad!!!!

Lizzie's Mom said:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070304/METRO/703040331/1003

Just read this article. IMO, this 'man' has a problem. He has control issues. He killed her because she wasn't obedient enough for his liking.

Bring him back and save the state a lot of money and line up the firing squad. I'll pay for the ammunition. :bang:

Then start investigating his attorney.

fran said:
There have been a # of these types of huband murders wife cases in recent months and years, where the wife was highly successful and or very outgoing with lots of friends, and the husband was a step below. Often times the husband's parents are successful, he tries but fails, but the wife had gone on and gotten educated and successfully employed.

These guys don't mind 'living the life' their wife's successful career allows them to have. But once the wife learns she's married to a loser or starts to disagree with what the husband wants, they kill them or make them disappear.

It is a control issue, a type of abuse. To the abuser, the wife isn't a person but a possession. Once he sees he MAY be loosing that possession, he makes sure no one else will have her. They don't even consider divorce because then they'd loose complete control.

What a shame Tara didn't see this coming. Or..................maybe she did and was doing something about it, ie she went to a psychiatrist to talk about her problems, and maybe she'd made that fatal decision..............the one her husband wasn't willing to accept.

JMHO
fran
From one woman to another....ladies....don't marry someone just because you want to have the dream of the perfect house, the perfect family etc and you think your biological clock is ticking. Not saying that is what happened here, but it just seems we are hearing of too many successful, outgoing women being done in by their less than ambitious spouses. Get to know somone. If you meet them in college, wait until you have both been out in the world and you can see if he will actually make something of himself in a few years after college. Don't settle, dont' make excuses for him and if you do suspect that he is not all he seems to be, just go ahead and move out and for goodness sakes do this BEFORE you start having kids with the guy. This is just so sad and tragic. Another woman who had something to offer society killed by another go nowhere do nothing husband. :razz: JMHO

chicoliving said:
They had an au pair for goodness sakes! Just how much hands on do we think he had with his children? How much housework? How much meal planning, shopping and preparation? Laundry? Not just a babysitter but an au pair!

Life wasn't going the way he felt he deserved so he changed it. He had no remorse or he wouldn't have tried to "hide" her body! Can a defense attorney find a way to blame this murder and dismemberment on a satanic cult?? Surely a devoted husband and father wouldn't do such a thing!! Phooey he's a sick sick person that thinks only of himself and has no remorse for the death of his wife so he tried to get rid of her body. Even if the death was a result of heat of passion its what he did afterwards that really really matters in this. The killing is the easy part and its that pesky body to get rid of afterwards thats the kink in the works.
Or as somone pointed out in the SP case.....Satin Worshippers. That one still cracks me up. :D

http://www.record-eagle.com/2007/mar/05missing.htm

HARBOR SPRINGS — Wearing neither coat nor shoes, a fugitive suspected of killing and dismembering his wife was found hiding under a fallen tree Sunday in a snowbound state park after a bitterly cold night on the run, authorities said.

Tara Grant last was seen Feb. 9. Her husband reported her missing five days later.

Beffie said:
I hope this is not a John Couey confession, that gets thrown out. That, added to the (not legal) search warrant the ex lawyer keeps talking about.

Just said the reason for the search warrant was they found human blood. I should of been paying more attention to the tv and not typing. Something about baggies and blood? Did anyone catch what was said? TIA
I don't think this will be like the Couey confession. They went ahead with the Couey confession because they weren't sure Jessica was dead and there may have been a chance she was alive. With Tara they were pretty sure she was already gone after finding a bag with gloves, metal shavings, blood, etc. in it. They use this information in a search warrant. He didn't give a confession until after they found the body parts and had captured him, so they didn't have the "what if" factor; they already knew.

I don't think it matters if he confessed or not. They found a bag with her blood in it, latex gloves, and metal shavings from his machine tool shop in the woods. That gave them enough evidence to get the SW... then bingo, they find the torso...

ISPTRAX said:
I don't think it matters if he confessed or not. They found a bag with her blood in it, latex gloves, and metal shavings from his machine tool shop in the woods. That gave them enough evidence to get the SW... then bingo, they find the torso...
At least he finally stopped maintaining his "innocence" It looks like they had plenty of probable cause.

Right into the Macomb Sheriff's SUV to be taken to jail and face charges.

He was dressed in prison stripes--wide black and white horizontal stripes!

A doctor says that due to his being in pretty good physical shape, he recovered pretty fast from frostbite and hypothermia.

This has all been on TV news, I'm local. In fact I have hiked in the area that the body parts were found. It is a beautiful area. I don't believe he could have buried much because it's been so cold here lately that the ground is frozen solid.

I am wondering if his lawyer quit because Grant fled. I think that pretty much shows guilt in everyone's eyes, even if they think it was an "accident". The ME just said that since strangulation takes so long and that there's time to stop and know it's wrong, it will be first degree murder.

I am so saddened by this. How many more women have to die like this? This is Laci Peterson all over again. There are so many similarities--fleeing when the body was found, the "mysterious dark car", even where he worked looks like the fertilizer warehouse where SP had his office.

Sheriff Hackel said that it was odd that he never called for an update or information.

More breaking news ...

The medical examiner said cause of death was manual strangulation (as opposed to ligature) and that there were injuries which indicated a struggle as well as injuries that could be considered defensive wounds. There were "blunt force" type injuries to the head and face, he said. DNA testing would be used to verify that all parts were indeed Tara. One report said that the torso was in the park and HE MOVED IT BACK TO HIS HOUSE because of the first search! That's too much for words. He also said there was animal damage on some parts. I know there are coyotes and foxes in the area. Yep, he loved his wife.

More information is probably available on the news sites, clickondetroit.com (NBC news) and wxyz.com. (ABC news).

There should be some sort of additional penalty for reporting someone "missing" when in fact you know exactly what happened to them. I don't know what it could be, but :furious:

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers to Tara's family and children.

The idea that a husband can dismember his wife absolutely baffles me!!!!! Obviously the murder itself is bad enough but dismemberment?????? This guy is SICK!!!!!!!!

MomLady said:
There were "blunt force" type injuries to the head and face, he said. DNA testing would be used to verify that all parts were indeed Tara.

Thanks for the news! Does this mean they found the head???

Yes, they have her head. I believe they found it yesterday, but not certain. The ME said they have enough to determine cause of death. At this point no one has said if they will be going back to look for more. I guess when SG confessed, he pretty much told them everything was in the area where they searched.

MomLady

More news has come out.

The au pairs have begun speaking out. They always locked their doors because SG "creeped" them out. Seems he was very verbally abusive to the kids, Tara and them. One even said he had a peephole into her room. This is definitely creepy.

This is just breaking---There is supposed to be custody hearing tomorrow morning about who will have custody of the children; not sure if they are trying to terminate SG's rights or if Tara's sister is trying for custody.

SG is in the Macomb County jail; the local news has been following them in their helicopter. He was over 200 miles away, about a 4-5 hour drive if you don't stop.

Now they are saying she was killed at home and then taken to his business where she was dismembered, (remember all our speculation on the SP case!) this is where the metal shavings came in.

A woman walking in the woods found the bag with latex gloves, other bags, metal shavings and human blood. The speculation is that is was the evidence that gave them probable cause to search the house and business.

Things are happening very fast, the news people are almost interrupting each other for updates. It looks like now that SG is in custody, people aren't afraid to speak out. Too bad they waited until now.

MomLady

I just keep thinking what a coward he is. He had no problem strangling his wife cutting up her body, and threatened to committ suicide...but wasn't man enough to take his own life. I wonder if he did have problems with his role as Mr. Mom and when he confronted Tara about her traveling and being gone so often she made a comment about if he helped out she wouldn't have to travel so much, his manhood was challenged and he showed her what a man he is, by killing her and dismembering her body. When they showed him being wheeled out of the hospital he looked like a weasel. Then did anyone see when they were putting him in the vehicle and he bumped his head on the door. Reminded me of Scott Peterson when he bumped his head.

Someone put a sign outside of the jail that said "real men do not kill their wives". I hope the weasel seen it.

Beffie said:
I just keep thinking what a coward he is. He had no problem strangling his wife cutting up her body, and threatened to committ suicide...but wasn't man enough to take his own life. I wonder if he did have problems with his role as Mr. Mom and when he confronted Tara about her traveling and being gone so often she made a comment about if he helped out she wouldn't have to travel so much, his manhood was challenged and he showed her what a man he is, by killing her and dismembering her body. When they showed him being wheeled out of the hospital he looked like a weasel. Then did anyone see when they were putting him in the vehicle and he bumped his head on the door. Reminded me of Scott Peterson when he bumped his head.

Someone put a sign outside of the jail that said "real men do not kill their wives". I hope the weasel seen it.

I saw that. LOL! Brought back a lot of memories....all bad. Just the fact that he spoke of Scott said he was following in the same path. I wish Michigan had the death penalty.

You are right he is a weasel of the worst kind.

From the other breaking news about the way he treated his family and the au pairs makes me glad that the children won't be raised by him. Eventually, surrounded by love they will turn out to be the people they were born to be. Not miserable abused people spending their whole life with a monster.

MomLady said:
More news has come out.

The au pairs have begun speaking out. They always locked their doors because SG "creeped" them out. Seems he was very verbally abusive to the kids, Tara and them. One even said he had a peephole into her room. This is definitely creepy.

This is just breaking---There is supposed to be custody hearing tomorrow morning about who will have custody of the children; not sure if they are trying to terminate SG's rights or if Tara's sister is trying for custody.

SG is in the Macomb County jail; the local news has been following them in their helicopter. He was over 200 miles away, about a 4-5 hour drive if you don't stop.

Now they are saying she was killed at home and then taken to his business where she was dismembered, (remember all our speculation on the SP case!) this is where the metal shavings came in.

A woman walking in the woods found the bag with latex gloves, other bags, metal shavings and human blood. The speculation is that is was the evidence that gave them probable cause to search the house and business.

Things are happening very fast, the news people are almost interrupting each other for updates. It looks like now that SG is in custody, people aren't afraid to speak out. Too bad they waited until now.

MomLady
Is the au pair who defended his story now admitting she lied????

Beffie said:
Then did anyone see when they were putting him in the vehicle and he bumped his head on the door. Reminded me of Scott Peterson when he bumped his head.
That clip of SP hitting his head over and over again is my all time fav clip :D It was shown on FNC and there was a blip that caused it to show him hitting his head several times but its fixed now. It was just great :angel:

chicoliving said:
That clip of SP hitting his head over and over again is my all time fav clip :D It was shown on FNC and there was a blip that caused it to show him hitting his head several times but its fixed now. It was just great :angel:

I know, that was awesome. I just wish he'd hit it harder! :D :loser:

From the NG show tonite.

Stephen obtained an attorney the day after he reported her missing.

Stephen has now admitted that he killed her the Friday night she returned.

Police recognized early on that the suspect was perfectly willing to talk to the press but NOT the police.

They also recognized he tried to make himself the victim in this, when that absolutely was not true. Claiming to the media LE considered him a suspect when they never said that.

Per Tara's sister, she had worked for the same company for 12 years and had never missed one day of work.

Tara used to call her children every single day she was away from them.

Stephen is NOT in contact with the children at this time.

Per Dr. Spitz, the medical examiner, the defensive wounds to her arms and hands and trauma to the head area indicates there was an altercation prior to him strangling her. From what I understand, he strangled her with his bare hands as they said it wasn't with a ligature (ie rope, cord,).

Charges are Murder ONE!

I say lock him up and throw away the key! :behindbar :furious:

I have to ask, IF the au pair knew he was abusive verbally and creepy and whatever, why didn't she tell LE that BEFORE she left the country? Why didn't she tell them that at the beginning? At least if she'd done that, LE wouldn't have, at the beginning, thought she'd left of her own accord and immediately suspect the husband. As it was, they thought (and hoped) she may have left by choice.

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela