MI - Three siblings in juvenile detention for contempt, Pontiac, 9 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially the part where the children do their compulsory service in the Israeli military.

Under the DS Law, every Israeli citizen or permanent resident aged 18 to 40 is subject to the military draft. The upper age limit is 45 for officers, and other age limits apply to persons in designated occupations. (DS Law §§ 1 & 36A.) Yeshiva (Jewish ultra-orthodox religious schools) students have traditionally been exempted from implementation of the draft duty. (See Ruth Levush, Israel: Supreme Court Decision Invalidating the Law on Haredi Military Draft Postponement (Mar. 2012), Law Library of Congress website.)
http://www.loc.gov/lawweb/servlet/lloc_news?disp3_l205403917_text

None of these children are 18, or we wouldn't be having this discussion. I have a niece living in Israel. She married an Israeli. She's in her 30's and hasn't had to serve in the military. You are right in that the children will be granted dual citizenship- U.S. and Israeli.

None of these children are 18, or we wouldn't be having this discussion. I have a niece living in Israel. She married an Israeli. She's in her 30's and hasn't had to serve in the military. You are right in that the children will be granted dual citizenship- U.S. and Israeli.

I think your niece's experience demonstrates some of the exemptions that are possible in the way IDF policies are implemented. It appears that military service is something that can be deferred, or avoided, according to circumstances surrounding individual cases. People in residence in Israel, it seems to me, have different expectations than those who are not living in the country.

Points about citizenship:
Israeli-Americans: Israeli citizens naturalized in the United States retain their Israeli citizenship, and children born in the United States to Israeli parents usually acquire both U.S. and Israeli nationality at birth. Israeli citizens, including dual nationals, must enter and depart Israel on their Israeli passports.

Dual nationals who don't have an Israeli passport, including infants, may be required to obtain an Israeli passport in order to leave the country. Israeli citizens, including dual nationals, are subject to Israeli laws requiring service in Israel's armed forces, as well as other laws pertaining to passports and nationality. Israeli-American dual nationals of military age, including females, who do not wish to serve in the Israeli armed forces should contact the Israeli Embassy in Washington, D.C., to learn more about an exemption or deferment from Israeli military service. They should obtain written confirmation of military service exemption or deferment before traveling to Israel. Without this exemption or deferment document, such dual nationals may not be able to depart Israel without completing military service or may be subject to criminal penalties for failure to serve.
http://www.countryreports.org/travel/Israel/entry.htm

Precautions for Jewish Travelers

According to the U.S. Department of State, the government of Israel considers Americans who hold Israeli citizenship or who have a claim to dual nationality to be Israeli citizens and subject to Israeli law while they are in the country. This designation also applies to their children. Travelers with dual citizenship must enter and exit the country with their Israeli passports.

American-Israeli dual citizens of military age, including females, should inquire about exceptions or deferments to military service before traveling to Israel if they do not wish to serve in the Israeli army. Otherwise, they may be detained and forced into military service, or imprisoned if they refuse to serve in the army. Israel also does not permit its citizens to visit Gaza and parts of the West Bank.
http://traveltips.usatoday.com/precautions-traveling-israel-1244.html

Exemptions from Service
Men
Exemptions from military service for men are extremely rare. Each case is investigated very carefully.
Women
A woman may be exempt from military service under any of the following conditions:
• She is recognized as leading a religiously observant lifestyle. • She comes from a religious background. • She is married. • She is pregnant.
• She is a mother.
A woman may be granted an exemption on the basis of a religious lifestyle ...
Remember that women who arrive in Israel at age 20 and over are generally exempt from army service.
http://www.moia.gov.il/Publications/idf_en.pdf

I think your niece's experience demonstrates some of the exemptions that are possible in the way IDF policies are implemented. It appears that military service is something that can be deferred, or avoided, according to circumstances surrounding individual cases. People in residence in Israel, it seems to me, have different expectations than those who are not living in the country.

Points about citizenship:

http://www.countryreports.org/travel/Israel/entry.htm

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/precautions-traveling-israel-1244.html

http://www.moia.gov.il/Publications/idf_en.pdf

This case has absolutely nothing to do with another country because the divorce was filed in the USA. Your comments are insulting to citizens of Israel and to citizens everywhere. This case has nothing to do with U.S citizenship because the children are citizens. These children have dual citizenship and it has absolutely nothing to do with their father's military service in Israel. <modsnip>

JMO

You can accuse me of being wrong all you wish. I will tell you of my direct experience, regardless of what you've read on a website. When my brother-in-law tried to travel out of the country with my minor niece, he was required to produce an affidavit from my sister (my minor niece's mother) that gave him permission to leave the country with his daughter. Make of it what you will.
I too was required to provide a court order proving I had sole custody (and permission granted by the court to remove my children) to several levels of government, both in America and in the UK. To have their passports issued, our visas approved, to leave the country, to enter the UK, and for subsequent visas and passport renewals.

There's still a lot of legal loopholes if someone's really determined to remove their children from the States, including dual nationality and fraud.

I haven't followed this case - I'll catch up on reading now - but I have to say, having done it myself, it isn't easy removing kids legally from their home state. The cases I know of where permission was granted for international relocation dwarf in comparison to the many that are rejected. Even in my case, where there was no possibility of my ex maintaining custody and his visitation rights had been suspended (as he was in prison), I spent over a year and thousands of dollars fighting him in court when he objected to our moving. He never had to spend a dime, either for legal costs or even child support.

JMO and IME

I didn't see a time frame for when dad dated the judges research whatever. Just saw where the judge asked the lawyers if she had already disclosed that information.

If the judge, GAL, dad, his lawyers have all of this proof that mom is unfit and a danger to her own children WHY does she still have custody? Why, after all of these years of mom "playing the courts" has the judge not given custody to dad and why are his visits still required to be supervised?

Apparently Dad filed for full custody yesterday, and based on recent statements by the Judge, she has been ready to grant him custody based on the mother's lack of cooperation with any and all plans set up by the court.

http://everything-pr.com/omer-tsimhoni-files-full-custody/258489/

Apparently Dad filed for full custody yesterday, and based on recent statements by the Judge, she has been ready to grant him custody based on the mother's lack of cooperation with any and all plans set up by the court.

http://everything-pr.com/omer-tsimhoni-files-full-custody/258489/

So, lets say she grants him custody. Will they have to physically drag the children, kicking and screaming, into his custody? Children don't want to even have lunch with him. How is he going to keep the children in his custody?
After sitting in juvenile facility for two weeks children still didn't want to have lunch with him.
Even his lawyer admitted that she is concerned about him having unsupervised visits with the children, because they could make accusations about him (as they had in the past, and we can debate whether the accusations are true or not, fact is, children have made them).
And where does he actually live?
Despite judge for whatever reason thinking he lost his job in Israel, I don't believe that to be the case.
Right after the hearing in which his children were locked up, he went back to Israel.

I read through some of the documents--but I haven't yet seen the evidence of which you speak. If the children have in fact been telling all and sundry about their father's abuse, there are clearly a lot of professionals in violation of ethics, to say nothing of laws.

And what do you make of the mother's open defiance of the court?

After reading transcript of the judge ruling, where she berated the children, and send them to juvenile lock-up (while calling it jail), nothing would surprise me.

So, lets say she grants him custody. Will they have to physically drag the children, kicking and screaming, into his custody? Children don't want to even have lunch with him. How is he going to keep the children in his custody?
After sitting in juvenile facility for two weeks children still didn't want to have lunch with him.
Even his lawyer admitted that she is concerned about him having unsupervised visits with the children, because they could make accusations about him (as they had in the past, and we can debate whether the accusations are true or not, fact is, children have made them).
Despite judge for whatever reason thinking he lost his job in Israel, I don't believe that to be the case.
Right after the hearing in which his children were locked up, he went back to Israel.

Maybe she could jail the mom and let Dad move into their house. JK.

It would appear as though she had tended to hover whenever the kids were with Dad--going back to the park incident. There don't appear to be any ideal solutions at this point. However, I would have real problems with granting her sole custody (which has been the de facto situation) simply because she has been acting like a possessive dufus.

BBM. Link, please

It doesn't matter if the children did want to have lunch with their father after sitting in juvie for two weeks......father wasn't available since he was in Israel. Rather difficult to have lunch with someone that isn't in the same country as the children. Father didn't even make it back to the US for the hearing where the children were then placed in summer camp. What a loving, concerned, caring father.

Not certain that proves, or even suggests, collusion.

Never claimed that it did. I remember reading where there was some sort of relationship from the father's side to the judge and questions as to what that relationship was. I found the answer in a motions transcript and shared the answer. Nothing more, nothing less.

It doesn't matter if the children did want to have lunch with their father after sitting in juvie for two weeks......father wasn't available since he was in Israel. Rather difficult to have lunch with someone that isn't in the same country as the children. Father didn't even make it back to the US for the hearing where the children were then placed in summer camp. What a loving, concerned, caring father.

BBM. It has been linked repeatedly that the father now lives in the U.S.

Not being present at a hearing is irrelevant because the father had counsel. Same goes for the mother, who also was absent at some of the hearings.

JMO

Never claimed that it did. I remember reading where there was some sort of relationship from the father's side to the judge and questions as to what that relationship was. I found the answer in a motions transcript and shared the answer. Nothing more, nothing less.

I believe that some have suggested that the judge and dad were working together.

Father's lawyer (not the father himself) used to work with the judge.

It doesn't matter if the children did want to have lunch with their father after sitting in juvie for two weeks......father wasn't available since he was in Israel. Rather difficult to have lunch with someone that isn't in the same country as the children. Father didn't even make it back to the US for the hearing where the children were then placed in summer camp. What a loving, concerned, caring father.[/Q

He has participated electronically, which seems appropriate given the circumstances.

Just a reminder that this is not solely about having lunch--that was simply the last opportunity offered by the judge at the children's ongoing refusal to recognize their father.

Perhaps it would be helpful to consider how the court might handle the children of a single parent who refuse to recognize parental authority, or of two still-married parents refusing to recognize the authority of either one. We have over time developed terminology referring to such children (delinquent, unruly, etc) and they are most often placed in care of their county CCS in places such as Children's Village. We do not, as a society, allow children to pick and choose among the adults responsible for caring for them. We don't let them choose their teachers, or typically their parents. When parents reach the point of relying on the court to make and enforce decisions, things are really already in a bad place. The judge actually recognized this when she sent them to participate in The Bridge program. But mom refused.

Not being present at a hearing is irrelevant because the father had counsel. Same goes for the mother, who also was absent at some of the hearings.

JMO

It also has been linked repeatedly that he lives in Israel.

Judge is supposed to consider wishes of the children when deciding custody.

JMO

While he may now live in the US, he was in Israel on a business trip when the children were in juvie. So my point stands. The children could not have had lunch with him even if they wanted to because he was not available at the time. During the hearing where the judge placed the children in summer camp he was STILL in Israel on his business trip. So during the two weeks when the children were in juvie and only dad (or those he approved of) could visit the children, dad was not in the US. That would have been a perfect time for him to spend time with his children without their mother "interfering" and yet he was too busy to do so.

Why hasn't this woman asked for a different judge? Can't she do that? Isn't that within her rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*