MI - Three siblings in juvenile detention for contempt, Pontiac, 9 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the father really wants custody. Perhaps he just wants to stop paying child support (assuming he is). I would imagine his current spouse is quite apprehensive about bringing three 'strangers' into her house. I don't doubt that the mother is a bit nuts, but she works at a responsible job- and the kids want to stay with her. Perhaps a social worker could visit on a regular basis, just like they do for the large family in Arkansas. It seems extremely wrong to put these children in what is described as a 'secure detention' facility. They are not the ones responsible for this impasse, and I can't imagine dragging them kicking and screaming to another house, or onto a plane bound for Israel.

I don't know if he currently pays child support. Judge thinks he lost his job. In his petition for permanent custody, he does say he moved back to reside in US this year. So did his new wife move with him to US? Does he have a job? From what has been reported, he went back to Israel on business right after the hearing, so seems like he still has a job. Why does judge think he lost his job?

http://observer.com/2015/07/omer-tsimhoni-father-of-detained-michigan-kids-files-for-full-custody/

Today, the Observer heard from Mr. Tsimhoni again. In response to an emailed question asking to shed more light on why he filed this motion, he wrote:

“This painful ordeal has been going on for many years, and the reality is that it is in the best interest of my kids to have a relationship with both of their parents. Multiple mental health professionals, independent lawyers for the children, and the court have repeatedly noted that the kids’ mother disobeys repeated recommendations on what is best for the kids.

The media scandalously – and inaccurately – reported that the kids ‘were jailed because they didn’t have lunch with me.’ This is simply untrue.

I make the motion for full custody for a simple reason – I am convinced that its in the childrens’ best interest to have both their parents in their lives, and this is the only way that will happen.”

http://observer.com/2015/07/omer-tsimhoni-father-of-detained-michigan-kids-files-for-full-custody/

Today, the Observer heard from Mr. Tsimhoni again. In response to an emailed question asking to shed more light on why he filed this motion, he wrote:

“This painful ordeal has been going on for many years, and the reality is that it is in the best interest of my kids to have a relationship with both of their parents. Multiple mental health professionals, independent lawyers for the children, and the court have repeatedly noted that the kids’ mother disobeys repeated recommendations on what is best for the kids.

The media scandalously – and inaccurately – reported that the kids ‘were jailed because they didn’t have lunch with me.’ This is simply untrue.

I make the motion for full custody for a simple reason – I am convinced that its in the childrens’ best interest to have both their parents in their lives, and this is the only way that will happen.”

There is an abundance of research to support his contention that it is in the children's best interest to have both parents in their lives. Even prisons acknowledge that fact and allow visitation between inmates and their children. State statutes governing child custody also accept it.

The mother isn't going to get these children returned to her custody any time soon.

JMO

"A court appointed advocate for the children said in court Friday that he met with the children on Thursday and they indicated they wanted to return home to their mother, but still insisted they did not want to speak with their father."

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/29523867/new-twist-in-odd-custody-fight-kids-now-sent-to-camp

Surprise, surprise, surprise, after the father has the kids locked up in jail (judge's word) for two weeks, they hate him more then ever. Who would have thought? :what:

The father reminds me if a drunken idiot who is getting the crap beat out of him in a fight, but he keeps on fighting anyway.

Hmmmm, keeping involving the same action and expect a different result. Sounds reasonable to some people, but not to me.

Ideally, it's better for a child to have a relationship with both parents. But is it better for them to be constantly forced to have a relationship they made clear they don't want to have? I personally don't think so.
Children refuse to even have lunch with their father, what does he expect will happen if he gets custody?

Ideally, it's better for a child to have a relationship with both parents. But is it better for them to be constantly forced to have a relationship they made clear they don't want to have? I personally don't think so.
Children refuse to even have lunch with their father, what does he expect will happen if he gets custody?

He should expect the children need therapy and hopefully the necessary therapy will help them.

The children have made it clear they don't want to have a relationship with their father and that is due to their emotional abuse by their mother. Social workers, GALs and other professionals have all reached the same conclusion.

JMO

He should expect the children need therapy and hopefully the necessary therapy will help them.

The children have made it clear they don't want to have a relationship with their father and that is due to their emotional abuse by their mother. Social workers, GALs and other professionals have all reached the same conclusion.

JMO

The only evidence of emotional abuse that I have seen, is from the judge.

I think that is where the removal from the mother comes in. I don't think anyone is willing to argue that Children's Village is an ideal placement, even though other kids from less fortunate circumstances are placed there all the time. And perhaps that in itself is worthy of consideration. However, the children have clearly been indoctrinated with irrational fears, not only of their father, but also anyone having to do with the case, up to and including the judge and even the courtroom itself. If this were so simple as the children being able to articulate a preference, Mom could have prepared them by explaining the court procedings, the role of the judge and why the parents asked the court's assistance in making the best decision. Instead she plops the kids into chairs in the hallway in order to crow triumphantly that they are frightened of the courtroom, and she just wants them to have a positive experience,

And yet when the judge placed the children in summer camp instead of remaining in juvie she allowed mom and dad to both have visitation with them. Apparently the judge was wrong in her decision to cut the mother from her children's lives or mom is now suddenly an acceptable parent after only two weeks. The judge is clearly not making rulings that make sense.

MOO

I think that is where the removal from the mother comes in. I don't think anyone is willing to argue that Children's Village is an ideal placement, even though other kids from less fortunate circumstances are placed there all the time. And perhaps that in itself is worthy of consideration. However, the children have clearly been indoctrinated with irrational fears, not only of their father, but also anyone having to do with the case, up to and including the judge and even the courtroom itself. If this were so simple as the children being able to articulate a preference, Mom could have prepared them by explaining the court procedings, the role of the judge and why the parents asked the court's assistance in making the best decision. Instead she plops the kids into chairs in the hallway in order to crow triumphantly that they are frightened of the courtroom, and she just wants them to have a positive experience,

Considering how this judge treated them, their fear of the judge hardly seems irrational.

Why hasn't this woman asked for a different judge? Can't she do that? Isn't that within her rights?

And why does this judge still have a job? That's what I want to know.

I think that is where the removal from the mother comes in. I don't think anyone is willing to argue that Children's Village is an ideal placement, even though other kids from less fortunate circumstances are placed there all the time. And perhaps that in itself is worthy of consideration. However, the children have clearly been indoctrinated with irrational fears, not only of their father, but also anyone having to do with the case, up to and including the judge and even the courtroom itself.

What evidence do you have of that, other then the word of the crazy judge who placed the kids in that less then ideal place?

Why hasn't this woman asked for a different judge? Can't she do that? Isn't that within her rights?

Well, for one thing, that would be a lot of legal fees, and the mother appears to be broke, having already spent over $75,000 in legal fees to try to keep custody of her children.

Well, for one thing, that would be a lot of legal fees, and the mother appears to be broke, having already spent over $75,000 in legal fees to try to keep custody of her children.

It seems (and I could be wrong as I have not read every single one of the transcripts) that the judge makes mom pay for everything everytime dad takes her back to court. Mom pays his attorney fees, her own, the GAL fees, the fees for the person that supervises the visits, the fees for the Bridge counseling, etc. The judge did split the cost for the summer camp between mom and dad but everything else I have seen is where mom is made to pay. It's no wonder she has trouble paying her own attorney fees....if she doesn't pay all of the others before her own then she gets in trouble and threatened to be tossed in jail for a period of time. That also makes it difficult for a person to want to foster a good attitude with their ex when their ex is the one causing the majority of the fees.

MOO

Considering how this judge treated them, their fear of the judge hardly seems irrational.

The judge couldn't treat them in any way at all when the were refusing to even come into the courtroom. They also refused to speak with multiple adults.

It seems (and I could be wrong as I have not read every single one of the transcripts) that the judge makes mom pay for everything everytime dad takes her back to court. Mom pays his attorney fees, her own, the GAL fees, the fees for the person that supervises the visits, the fees for the Bridge counseling, etc. The judge did split the cost for the summer camp between mom and dad but everything else I have seen is where mom is made to pay. It's no wonder she has trouble paying her own attorney fees....if she doesn't pay all of the others before her own then she gets in trouble and threatened to be tossed in jail for a period of time. That also makes it difficult for a person to want to foster a good attitude with their ex when their ex is the one causing the majority of the fees.

MOO

The mother is the one who chose not to follow court orders. Her own actions necessitated additional visits to court so of course the Judge is going to make her pay for it. Not sure why you think the father should pay for her refusal to follow court orders because it has never worked that way and hopefully never will.

All this sympathy toward the abusive mother is baffling considering the very real damage she's inflicted upon 3 children.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member