Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 2 *D. Stewart guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gather that she must have made a call or something at 7:10 and then nothing until kids woke Grandpa at about 8:30, which gives LE their window, so that they know it was not before 7:10 I guess...

But if it was closer to 8:30 it gives DS less time to get back to VA if him...the timing is just so essential in this case and will be key is he was SEEN at a certain back in VA by someone nuetral, i.e. not a friend. If that happens, they will have to try for banking and phone info to prove conspiracy, IMO. Whatever alibi he gave LE, they accepted at the time, so it makes me think it was not just a friend or family member as LE always takes that with a grain of salt.

Venus is the victim. DS is the POI. We just need to remember that. IMO

Wouldn't bloodstains and a receipt for "shovel, tarp, cap and gloves" be enough probable cause to arrest DS ?

I've been trying to find a reliable source as to how long it takes to make a DNA match (between the alleged blood stains and Venus, in this case). Not having much luck, but found some interesting articles.

http://www.justice.gov/ag/dnapolicybook_cov.htm

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/EVID/EL_DNAerror.html

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/EVID/EL_dna_instr_bad.html

http://www.dna.gov/basics/analysis/steps

Are we sure it was human blood, at this point? Just wondering...
I think matching DNA (timing-wise) varies greatly state-by-state...I go back to how quickly they did it in Chelsea King case...and how other cases, you wait and wait to hear back...but I would think in a kidnapping case, it would be priority and if blood was found, it would be worked into the system very quickly, in case she might still be alive (as with Chelsea, at the time, they had not found her body yet.) Venus could be alive...so they would move fast, IMO...

I gather that she must have made a call or something at 7:10 and then nothing until kids woke Grandpa at about 8:30, which gives LE their window, so that they know it was not before 7:10 I guess...

But if it was closer to 8:30 it gives DS less time to get back to VA if him...the timing is just so essential in this case and will be key is he was SEEN at a certain back in VA by someone nuetral, i.e. not a friend. If that happens, they will have to try for banking and phone info to prove conspiracy, IMO. Whatever alibi he gave LE, they accepted at the time, so it makes me think it was not just a friend or family member as LE always takes that with a grain of salt.

The father said he awoke to the children making noise and was told by them that Venus had gone outside (even though LE said they were all asleep?), he went outside, didn't see her, checked with a neighbor and then re-entered the house to call 911.

Has the 911 call been released? Do we know what time the call came in?

Wouldn't bloodstains and a receipt for "shovel, tarp, cap and gloves" be enough probable cause to arrest DS ?

I've been trying to find a reliable source as to how long it takes to make a DNA match (between the alleged blood stains and Venus, in this case). Not having much luck, but found some interesting articles.

http://www.justice.gov/ag/dnapolicybook_cov.htm

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/EVID/EL_DNAerror.html

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/EVID/EL_dna_instr_bad.html

http://www.dna.gov/basics/analysis/steps

In the Neveah Buchanan case, it took 2 days. But the blood was found on Tuesday.

So I'd guess that they'll have prelim DNA results back by Wednesday, IF it's true that blood was found on the car.

Of course. I've not seen anyone state otherwise.

There is the mystery wet-man though. It's been reported he's a POI, too.

What I was trying to imply, is sleuthing the victim and posting all her prior troubles and convictions is not very "victim friendly" IMO.

What she has done in the past has nothing to do with her abduction. Unless, she did something to herself or left on her own accord.
LE has said she was abducted. So, her prior behavior has nothing to do with this.

IMO a lot of people keep bringing up her past as a way to make DS look like the "abused" or "injured" party in this.
I was just trying to say, she's the victim of the case we are talking about now. And, he is the POI.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/CNN-Evidence-found-vs-Venus-husband

Local station talking about NG's claims on her website.
No new info...just thought I'd pass along.

So apparentley the house still had not been sold yet that Venus and Doug shared ... :waitasec: Wonder if he drove and parked the car over there to make it look like he was there and took the truck to MI . Somehow there is blood in the in the car as well according to NG so he must have done a transfer of some sort somewhere .....

Would he be stupid enough to bury her in the backyard of their old house ?

Would he be stupid enough to bury her in the backyard of their old house ?

That would be pretty dumb, but so would leaving a receipt for a shovel, a tarp, a cap, and gloves in your truck.

IMO a lot of people keep bringing up her past as a way to make DS look like the "abused" or "injured" party in this.
I was just trying to say, she's the victim of the case we are talking about now. And, he is the POI.

Yes. And without those documents we know nothing about the circumstances in that case.

It's VERY possible that she refused to press charges against HIM for his part in that situation... and then he went ahead with the charges.

There are SO SO SO many variables that we don't know.

But what we do know, for a fact, about the current situation is:

1) Venus is missing.
2) Police say she was abducted and did not leave on her own.
3) At the time she was abducted, she had a Protective Order against her husband.
4) One week before she was abducted, she won temporary custody of the children.
5) She left Virginia with the children because she thought her husband had abused her daughter.
6) Police have named only her husband as a person of interest and continue to state that he is the sole person of interest.
7) The mystery man is someone who police want to talk to, but there is no evidence of a connection between him and Venus.
8) Police say that the tire imprints at the abduction site generally match the Dodge Ram in Douglas Stewart's possession.
9) Police say that Douglas Stewart's alibi checks out "for now."
10) Doug Stewart has lawyered up and is uncooperative with police.

Anyone can draw whatever conclusions they wish to from the above.

So apparentley the house still had not been sold yet that Venus and Doug shared ... :waitasec: Wonder if he drove and parked the car over there to make it look like he was there and took the truck to MI . Somehow there is blood in the in the car as well according to NG so he must have done a transfer of some sort somewhere .....

The house in Schoolcraft is still in Doug and Venus' name.

Yes, the current case is what matters right now. A mother is missing.

JMO

That's a great point.
Maybe that's where he put the vehicles and that is why they were not at his current residence to begin with.

Huge stretch, but just a thought.

On NG's page, when they say car, can they really mean truck? I know people who call ALL vehicles cars, no matter if it is a truck, SUV etc.

Just trying to make sense of why there would be blood on the car and not the truck.

This case is as magnetic as any I've ever watched before. I watched the Jon Benet case, and then the Caylee Anthony case, and most recently, the Mackenzie Cowell case, which led me to join Websleuths.

In all of the above cases, there's no conviction yet--hope that changes with Casey Anthony. In two, no one's even been arrested. I'm hoping that Venus' case will end with an arrest and a conviction. I know that everyone who posts in this thread hopes that the perpetrator is caught and punished.

Ok...gotta go "make groceries" at the Piggly Wiggly. Hope everyone has a good afternoon and that we get some news soon that this case is progressing toward a conclusion. Have a great afternoon, guys.

Holy carp! I go to log out, and then refreshed the page at Channel 8.

Have you guys seen the update?? This guy is SOO SOOO busted if that blood is hers. I predict an arrest tomorrow or Wednesday.

OK...gotta run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member