Found Deceased MI - Wynter Cole Smith, 2, kidnapped and murdered, suspect Rasheed Malik Trice, 28, arrested, Lansing, 2 July 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not unexpected but definitely a shock to the system.

He’s a . (vile piece of work)

I have to leave it right there or I will banned for life.

Baby Girl I am so sorry. You are beautiful. Stunning actually, with a whole life ahead of you. Who, and what, you may have been, we will never know.

Tears are falling everywhere Wynter. Know you are loved and hearts are broken for you and your mom.

In a field...after sexually assaulting and stabbing her mother. He needs to fry. :mad:

JUL 5, 2023
[...]

The body of a young child was found in a field near Marcus and Erwin on Detroit's east side in the Police Department's Seventh Precinct, a source with knowledge of the development told The Detroit News on Wednesday night.

[...]

Wynter's alleged kidnapper, Rashad Trice, 26, was arraigned from his hospital bed earlier Wednesday and charged with beating and sexually assaulting his ex-girlfriend before police said he kidnapped the girl, the victim's daughter.

[...]

"These charges arise from the brutal physical and sexual assault that took place at an apartment on Beaujardin Drive on July 2, 2023," said Ingham County Prosecutor John Dewane in a statement Wednesday. "The investigation as to any additional charges related to the disappearance of Wynter Cole-Smith is ongoing."

Trice was charged as a violent habitual fourth offender. According to Michigan Department of Corrections records, he is on probation from an August 2021 incident in which he pleaded guilty to five felonies, including assaulting/resisting a police officer and felonious assault. He's scheduled to remain on probation for those crimes until January, state records show.

[...]

"During the chase, the suspect collided with a St. Clair Shores car," Holish said. "Our officers assisted with trying to arrest the suspect, who refused to get out of his car. The officers had to break the window to try to get him out; they didn't know if he was armed or not at that point, so they had him at gunpoint. He grabbed our officer's gun, but the officer was able to retain the weapon. A St. Clair Shores officer used his Taser on the subject, and he was taken into custody."

[...]

ETA: This article says she was found in an alley.

The level of evil one must have to do something like this…I wish he was off the face of the earth.

I went to bed last night hoping for the best. First thing I did this morning was looking for good news of Baby Wynter. Gosh this is so sad. He wanted to hurt the mother so bad! I hope that RMT never sees the sunlight again

Authorities in Lansing, Mich., said the body of Wynter Cole-Smith was found Wednesday evening near Coleman A. Young International Airport. Photo courtesy of Lansing Police Department/Facebook

Authorities in Lansing, Mich., said the body of Wynter Cole-Smith was found Wednesday evening near Coleman A. Young International Airport. Photo courtesy of Lansing Police Department/Facebook
*she is so very precious. how could someone look into her eyes and take her life away? he should fry. light him up

JUL 6, 2023
At 7 p.m. the community will come together for a candlelight and balloon vigil to mourn the death of 2-year-old Wynter Smith. Wynter's body was found in the area of Knodell Street and Erwin Avenue on Detroit's East Side. Community members say they are heartbroken about the grim discovery.

[...]

... The candlelight vigil will be held on Olympia Street and Erwin Avenue.

So far, Trice has been charged with:
  • Assault with intent to murder.
  • First-degree home invasion.
  • Unlawful imprisonment.
  • Aggravated domestic violence - second offense.
  • Unlawful driving away of an automobile.
  • Felonious assault.
  • Two counts of first-degree criminal sexual assault.

The body of a missing Michigan toddler was found in Detroit on Wednesday evening, police in Lansing said, days after a man suspected in her disappearance was arrested on other charges.

Wynter Cole-Smith, 2, who was reported missing in Lansing on Sunday, was found by a federal search team around 6:50 p.m. near the Coleman A. Young International Airport, Lansing Police Chief Ellery Sosebee said.

"This investigation has moved from a missing child case to a homicide investigation," Sosebee said at a brief news conference.

"Right now our hearts are with the family of Wynter Cole-Smith," he said...

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

Websleuths will go dark if we don't raise the money for the server.

We have raised a little over 400 dollars.

We need another $1,300.00 to have enough to pay for the server.
Below are the ways you can donate.
PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Zelle use triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Be sure and put "server" in the memo.

The advertising has been awful this year. I am so sorry that I have to ask.

Please, only donate if you can afford to do so. DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN.

I will post when we have reached our goal.

Please do not discuss on this thread.
CLICK HERE to post any questions.

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help.
Take Care,
Tricia Griffith

Owner/Websleuths.com
P.S. I will post when we have reached our goal
on this thread

...We are heartbroken over the loss of our beautiful daughter, granddaughter, cousin, niece, and big sister, Wynter Cole Smith. Wynter’s brief but bright life was taken from her unnecessarily, and we will grieve her death forever.

We wish to thank the FBI, all law enforcement, all the volunteers, and the Dock Ellis Foundation for their assistance, compassion, and professionalism.

In remembering Wynter, we believe that it is necessary to help make sure that this kind of tragedy never again touches any other family. Anywhere. We asked the state legislature and Gov. (Gretchen) Whitmer to consider legislation that further ensures that multiple violent offenders remain in jail or prison, as they are tragically a threat to all of us.

The family is planning a vigil in Wynter’s memory for tomorrow evening -- Friday, July 7 -- at 6 p.m., and we welcome the public to pray with us...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami
Back