Found Deceased MI - Wynter Cole Smith, 2, kidnapped and murdered, suspect Rasheed Malik Trice, 28, arrested, Lansing, 2 July 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm with you @Stunned this *&**, has a vast criminal history of violence, attacked/assaulted his ex girlfriend who is the mother of HIS child, apparently kills this beautiful baby and his mother thinks he's innocent. Cut me a freaking break. My prayers are with Wynters parents, grandparents and the rest of her family and friends. Unacceptable and I beg for swift justice. May she rest in peace. IMO

Body believed to be missing 2-year-old Wynter Smith found on Detroit's east side​

All the swear words! :mad:

...and a map of the location.

I'm so sorry baby girl. :(

In a field...after sexually assaulting and stabbing her mother. He needs to fry. :mad:

JUL 5, 2023
[...]

The body of a young child was found in a field near Marcus and Erwin on Detroit's east side in the Police Department's Seventh Precinct, a source with knowledge of the development told The Detroit News on Wednesday night.

[...]

Wynter's alleged kidnapper, Rashad Trice, 26, was arraigned from his hospital bed earlier Wednesday and charged with beating and sexually assaulting his ex-girlfriend before police said he kidnapped the girl, the victim's daughter.

[...]

"These charges arise from the brutal physical and sexual assault that took place at an apartment on Beaujardin Drive on July 2, 2023," said Ingham County Prosecutor John Dewane in a statement Wednesday. "The investigation as to any additional charges related to the disappearance of Wynter Cole-Smith is ongoing."

Trice was charged as a violent habitual fourth offender. According to Michigan Department of Corrections records, he is on probation from an August 2021 incident in which he pleaded guilty to five felonies, including assaulting/resisting a police officer and felonious assault. He's scheduled to remain on probation for those crimes until January, state records show.

[...]

"During the chase, the suspect collided with a St. Clair Shores car," Holish said. "Our officers assisted with trying to arrest the suspect, who refused to get out of his car. The officers had to break the window to try to get him out; they didn't know if he was armed or not at that point, so they had him at gunpoint. He grabbed our officer's gun, but the officer was able to retain the weapon. A St. Clair Shores officer used his Taser on the subject, and he was taken into custody."

[...]

ETA: This article says she was found in an alley.

Last edited:
He took her for a reason. If it was his own child I would have hope, but she’s not so I don’t.

What goes through these guys’ heads? Ya ya I know, to get back at the ex, torture the ex, cause the ex incredible pain.

She’s a baby. She had no part in any of this. And yet time after time it happens over and over again. Let’s kill the ex’s child. “I’ll show her!”

So now a child is most likely dead somewhere, the ex boyfriend achieved his goal, but at the end of the day, he’ll go to prison for the rest of his life.

I just don’t get it because the outcome isn’t worth it.
I agree. When I saw that mom had also been sexualy assaulted, my heart hurt. I hope little Wynter did not suffer. And I pray for swift justice.

DETROIT – The body of missing 2-year-old girl Wynter Cole Smith has been found in an alley nearly three days after her kidnapping in Lansing prompted an Amber Alert.

Officials believe Wynter was abducted by Rashad Maleek Trice, 26, late Sunday night after he stabbed and sexually assaulted her 22-year-old mother...

How? How? How? How could someone be so evil? <tears>

When I looked at his FB yesterday it gave me some hope, mainly because he portrays himself as a great dad with all the pictures of him with a child (his?) on there, and I hoped he might have left Wynter with someone. He must have so much rage within that even stabbing the ex 15 times didn't release it all. I have to remind myself that he will have to answer for this to ease my rage at him...

An AMBER alert first noted the public's of Cole-Smith's disappearance at 2:41 a.m. Monday.

Since then, Lansing Chief of Police Ellery Sosebee said his office and the FBI received countless tips relating to Cole-Smith's case.

"Wynter is one of our kids and we will not rest until we find her," Sosebee said. “...We will not give up on Wynter."
We did get the Amber alert --it was alarming to wake up and see this sweet little one missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj
Back